• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

City Hopping worlds

ayvinul

I'm posting this on beta because it usually gets the most feedback, but it is a suggestion for live worlds.
Why are you stuck on the world you started on ?
I regularly see posts of people who started elvenar, and would like to play with their friends.
BUT your first city, the world is randomly chosen for you.
and you have to complete the tutorial.
and then you find out, by chance, that there are several worlds, and you're on the wrong one to play with that friend who told you to play elvenar in the first place !
Why isn't there a way to change worlds ? Apart from neighborhood help, there is exactly ZERO THING in the game that prevents this.

Of course, this means extra code in elvenar proper: checking the player doesn't already have a city on the new world, backing up the city, removing it, finding a place on the new world, and putting it there.
There is absolutely NOTHING impossible to it, moving cities is something Inno has been doing routinely for YEARS.

Lelanya

You don't have to finish the tutorial, you can leave, close the game, come back, look around and orient yourself. Log out, come back, go to the correct world, start a new city, and after 10 days, the original one should be cleaned up by the sweepers.
Also you can finish the tutorial, start in a new world, and write Support, they will close your first city.

Biloutte91

§11 Miscellaneous

• Game accounts may be deleted from Game Worlds after 30 days of inactivity. Please note that any Diamonds left on the account will remain on the master account and will not be deleted.

PrimroseSylvia

§11 Miscellaneous

• Game accounts may be deleted from Game Worlds after 30 days of inactivity. Please note that any Diamonds left on the account will remain on the master account and will not be deleted.
This is (just like lots of other things) no more accurate: months ago Marindor (if I recall correctly) said that there were various term, depending for example if account was a mobile one or a browser one, and so on

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
§11 Miscellaneous

This is (just like lots of other things) no more accurate: months ago Marindor (if I recall correctly) said that there were various term, depending for example if account was a mobile one or a browser one, and so on

Here you go...
(In answer to a question in the Release Notes 1.99 discussion thread, regarding moving players on the map, but the release notes make clear that this is also about removing inactive players cities)

We can share the minimum amount of days of inactivity that must have been passed. Please keep in mind that it could always take longer (not shorter) to get moved, though (e.g. if it would take a minimum of 3 inactive days, it could also happen that the movement would take place only after 5 or 6 days if any "blockers" occur. The aim is to strike a balance between no interruption and a fast as possible movement. These are the minimum amounts of time needed:

Chapter 1 AND Non Premium User : 3 days
Chapter 2 AND Non Premium User : 14 days
Chapter 3 AND Non Premium User : 30 days
Chapter 4+ OR Premium User : 60 days

A "Premium User" means someone who has purchased diamonds at least once.

FaunaWillow

I'm posting this on beta because it usually gets the most feedback, but it is a suggestion for live worlds.
Why are you stuck on the world you started on ?
I regularly see posts of people who started elvenar, and would like to play with their friends.
BUT your first city, the world is randomly chosen for you.
and you have to complete the tutorial.
and then you find out, by chance, that there are several worlds, and you're on the wrong one to play with that friend who told you to play elvenar in the first place !
Why isn't there a way to change worlds ? Apart from neighborhood help, there is exactly ZERO THING in the game that prevents this.

Of course, this means extra code in elvenar proper: checking the player doesn't already have a city on the new world, backing up the city, removing it, finding a place on the new world, and putting it there.
There is absolutely NOTHING impossible to it, moving cities is something Inno has been doing routinely for YEARS.
I agree that it is really too bad when you’ve built up one town pretty far along, only to realize you’d like to be in another server/world.
To do that, our only option is to start a new town again, in that other world.
Folks don’t really want to lose all that progress from the first town they made… and it’s a pain to keep up with multiple towns for some.

I don’t see them doing anything about this for players but I’d bet it’s one of many reasons why people leave the game.
They get stuck in an inactive area, or they want to be in another world but don’t want to start over, or because they can’t transition their original town to another server they create multiple towns and get burned out and quit.

I never did see the point of having multiple servers in one country for Elvenar. Different servers per country, sure…but 8 servers on the U.S. side for example is overkill and created dead worlds.

Enevhar Aldarion

But they are not strictly speaking servers, @FaunaWillow, they are realms within a server.

No, Innogames calls each world a separate server and they are probably each on individual physical hard drives/hardware from each other, or each world would be more limited in size than they are, if they were all on one data storage device together. Being on separate hardware also explains how one US server can have glitches that the other servers do not have, like when Arendyll had the correct tournament a couple of weeks ago, but the rest of the US servers had the wrong one. Each has to be updated separately.

FaunaWillow

Yeah, I just meant a player who builds a town in Arendyll wouldn’t be able to move that town over to somewhere like Sinya Arda (another U.S. example). :)
…which I’m sure is frustrating for a lot of players, especially mobile app players.