• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Hobby Room

Mrietha

Is there a Forum discussion or a place in the Wiki where the Hobby Room in the Builder's Hut is described and the best way to use it?
I missed its introduction. I've tried using it, but I can't tell what difference its making.
Thank you!!!!
Mrietha

Mrietha

But I still don't know how it works.

I tried to use it to increase by lumber production for bracelets, but I don't think I saw any changes.

I selected lumber 80% from the drop down menu
Watched videos until my time was fully charged
Collected lumber - the same amount as always

What am I doing wrong? Or not doing?

Biloutte91

The bonus (same all the bonus) is on regular production. So very, very little.

You select a goods (for this exemple, i have select steel)

the bonus is 80% of the régular production so here: 80% of 52= +42 (builder bonus)

Capture d’écran 2023-07-23 103248.png

Last edited:

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Yes, PC only. On the app you would need to make a note of the figure before you watched the ads, then compare with the figure after watching. You should see an 80% increase on the base amount as explained by @Biloutte91 above

Mrietha

I think I have it now.
I always thought regular production was what you were producing without any magical manufacturing or other boosts from event buildings. I had not realized that your relics were considered boosts.
I went on my PC and thanks to your screenshots I could finally follow what was happening:

Thank you so much!

Screenshot 2023-07-23 1.43.11 PM.png

Mrietha

Now my next question is:
Since the Hobby room provides so little to manfucaturing what other options make using it worthwhile?

Thank you again.

Ainor

coins and orcs
(hobby room bonus dont't works on events buildings productions, but you collect coins from residences - and unurium whit vallorian tower bonus on chapter XX - and orcs from armory)

Last edited:

Dhurrin

I would settle for knowing why, after several weeks now, I still do NOT have a hobbyroom on beta, while I do on the live-server(s).
Sorry, but this is moronic.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Hi @Dhurrin @Biloutte91 is correct. In the same way that this new feature was so far introduced for only some players on beta, it's also being rolled out initially to only some players on live. This sometimes happens with new features. It just so happens that you don't yet have the feature on beta, but you do on live.

Dhurrin

Hi @Dhurrin @Biloutte91 is correct. In the same way that this new feature was so far introduced for only some players on beta, it's also being rolled out initially to only some players on live. This sometimes happens with new features. It just so happens that you don't yet have the feature on beta, but you do on live.
Yes, I understand all that.
However, a new chapter, event, adaptation of AWs etc ect is done for 2-3 weeks, on beta then rolled out live. Sadly too often without listening to any feedback. But it is tested on beta before going live.
This hobbyroom has been done part on both, has been going on for much longer than that and after the introduction nothing has been communicated anymore.

For me personally, whether on beta or live, I don't really care, although it sure would have helped with the FSA badges. Beta is a test-environment, so I get it, and if not everyone has access to it, I understand that too.

LIVE worlds are not designed to be testinggrounds. And some of the players there are getting kinda annoyed. Not only because there has been no communication about it anymore, but also because it can make a huge difference in harvesting certain resources, creating an unfair advantage, which for live-servers is not exactly a good set-up.

As I said in my original post; moronic. And I chose that word deliberately, because upsetting and disadvantaging a good part of your playerbase is exactly that. Introducing something to the live-worlds where only part of the players suddenly get a certain advantage they can use (not will, but can, they have an option) is exactly that.

Biloutte91

When something is being tested, no communication is made. We'll have to wait until this feature is implemented (or not) to have in-game and forum communications.

Dhurrin

When something is being tested, no communication is made. We'll have to wait until this feature is implemented (or not) to have in-game and forum communications.
I know English is not my first language, but I think you are missing the point here; LIVE WORLDS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A TEST-ENVIRONMENT. That is what alpha- and betatesting are for.
(EDIT) Especially not in a way where some players gain an advantage over others in ways that is beyond their control and can have a great impact on resource-gathering.

Last edited:

Biloutte91

Well, here, the test has also been implemented on the lives... That's all, and I'm French, so my English isn't great either!