• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Question Hobby room for everyone?

Reina del mar

Hi!
I am not a fan of ads in the game but seeing that months passed since introduced and many do not have the feature yet makes me questionning if this is forgotten for the rest of players. We had a fellowship adventure event on live server and of course the hobby room came in handy for those who had the option.
What about the rest of us? Seems pretty unfair.

Dorfl the Clay

@Reina del mar you highly overestimate the 'advantage' some players might have of rewards because they are able to watch adds like in the hobbyroom.. it is mostly negligible so hardly unfair.. it's more irritating then anything else!

Dorfl the Clay

No, the point is that this test is running in live servers as well. And some have this tiny advantage and some not.
I have no issue testing it on beta - but randomly on live?
Apparantly they needed a bigger group for this test... and as I already pointed out earlier, the advantage is negligible! Also in any free online game, there is no way you can never be shortchanged!

Dorfl the Clay

Latest comment on the subject today on the Dutch forum (from DonFrank, Community Manager), was that there is still no news from the developers about a date when the testing will be done and/or when it will be implemented worldwide.. so more patience is needed!

Deleted User - 101740

@Reina del mar you highly overestimate the 'advantage' some players might have of rewards because they are able to watch adds like in the hobbyroom.. it is mostly negligible so hardly unfair.. it's more irritating then anything else!
I disagree. I'm happy to collect a few diamonds here and there from watching ads and the extra goods from the builders boost is helpful for little cities.

Dhurrin

I would disagree. During the last FSA the hobbyroom definitely made quite a difference for me and resulted in quite a few extra badges.

Besides that, whether the impact is huge or small, the impact is there and that makes it unfair, especially since it is something a player cannot do anything about, there are no choices to make in this.

This feature is said to 'be still tested' but that cannot be taken seriously. The feature has been around for many months, on all live servers, so the data on what percentage of players use it and how often by now definitely is available. not to mention that if it was still being tested it never should have made it out of beta.

Of course, for the next FSA the impact will be 0 for me. Their switch to Discord has made me stop watching adds. I have been watching them, annoying as they are, to help out Inno, but that no longer is the case. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

Yogi Dave

you highly overestimate the 'advantage' some players might have of rewards because they are able to watch adds like in the hobbyroom.. it is mostly negligible so hardly unfair.. it's more irritating then anything else!
During an FA, I put some of my toys away and bring out my boosted T1s bringing my total to 11. However, for this post, let's just say 10. The 80% means I get extra goods equal to a collection from 1 more building every collection. The MM spell and effect from the Elvenar Trading Center are also applied to the goods. During chapter 21, there is a massive need for mana. It's only 20%, boost to buildings who main product is mana, but it often times put me just over the amount needed before decay. I've sure people with a need of seeds and have a bunch of Festival Merchants or such would fine the boost helpful. You just need to only do 1 ad each time before you collect. So, I don't see it as negligible. It's also not really irritating to me getting the larger than most popup over my BH to go away. I often am sweeping my mouse over the city and poof, it's gone. (I don't know how that works in the mobile app.)

So, I wish it was available to everyone. They have tested a couple of concepts on live in the past, but none have lasted as long as this one. I vehemently disliked the concept of ads and was strongly against them when they came out, but they haven't been a problem for me. I've grown to like them for the bit they give, especially since they can be dismissed after 5 or 10 seconds in the browser. Recently, I noticed you get a 50% vitality surge a couple of times a day, if you go to use one after a battle. Plus, you might get a few diamonds from the ads scattered around the city. Oh, and you can get a KP when doing research. 1 isn't many, but you can get a few each day.

Alcaro

I got the Hobby-room and adds on the outskirts when all players got them. They worked perfectly until now, when I keep getting the message to disable the Ad-block, which isn't ON from the moment they came with these new features (many, many months ago!). I checked, Ad-block, is still OFF but just in case, I enabled it, disabled it, refreshed browser, restarted browser, said a little pray (or was it a curse?), but all with no avail.
Anyone has a suggestion what else I could try?