• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Duplicate halloween quest: notification glitch

DeletedUser607

Game version: __v1.16.9-(7f68be6) (2016-10-17 9:48)
Game world: __ beta 1
Browser + version: __ firefox 49.0.1
Flash Player version: __ 23.0.0.162
Operating System: __ win 10 pro 1607
Screen resolution: __ 1920x1080+1655x768
Account name: __ juni
Humans or Elves: __ elves

Reproducibility: 5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: __halloween quest

Current situation:
__ at the beginning of a quest (normal and halloween), there is an exclamation-mark bubble indicating that there is something new to do. if I finish either a halloween quest or a repeatedly occurring quest (get 16k supplies, get 4k planks, whatever), the other exclamation mark disappears too.
__

Expected situation:
__ they should not disappear

Reproduction Steps
__ open one of the quests, look at it, while the other quest has an exclamation mark.
2. __ fullfill that quest
3. __ watch the other exclamation-mark disappear.
4. __
5. __

EDIT: it also works with declining the repeating quests. decline some of them, and suddenly the questionsmark at the halloween-quest disappears.

Marindor

Thank you, this was already reported here but at that time we couldn't reproduce it. We can now though, so will report the bug and keep you updated about it in the other thread! :)

DeletedUser607

the problem here is, that it DOES disappear, if you do the other quest.

so, there is an exclamation mark at the halloween-quest, you fulfill the regular quest, exclamation mark at the halloweenquest DISAPPEARS!

over there, that's a bug with the exclamation marks too, but totally different. you actually managed to get two bugs into one feature.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marindor

Ok but the exclamation mark should disappear anyway unless there has been a recent change, right? It doesn't now, but when you open a different quest, it updates and the exclamation mark on the other quest disappears after that. So what it basically comes down to, is that the quest status of Quest 1 doesn't update properly unless the game is reloaded OR Quest 2 had been opened. Is that right or do I miss something?

DeletedUser607

why should it disappear?

I got the new halloween-quest, halloween-quest and halloween-progress-bar had exclamation marks. but I did take care about the regular quest-line (the repeating ones). I finished such a quest and both halloween suddenly lost their exclamation marks.

later, I finished another halloween-quest, got a new one, with exclamation mark. I went to the regular quest, declined a few which I really don't want to do, and suddenly, the exclamation mark of the halloween-quest disappeared again.

that's a different behavior than what is described over there. over there, the exclamation marks DO NOT disappear, even when clicking onto the quest icon.

DeletedUser607

okay, sorry for double post, just tried it again.

I'm now at halloween-quest 10 (the 9h productions).

repeating quest: 2 adv. tools + 200k coins
halloween quest 10
halloween quest progress bar

all three had an exclamation mark, I did not click on any.

I grabbed 200k coins and produced 2 adv tools.

the exclamation mark of the repeating quest turned into a green check mark

I clicked on the green check mark, and the exclamation mark of halloween quest 10 disappeared. and it should not go away.

the next repeatable quest is 6 adv. tools. I didn't want to do that, and switched further to the next one (4k planks), and the other exclamation mark disappeared too.

Marindor

Yes, this is how it should work:

1. The Exclamation Mark should appear at the start of the quest
2. Upon opening it, it should disappear
3. When making any new game progress that counts towards the quest, it should reappear again (indicating quest progress)
4. Clicking on it should show you that progress an afterwards the exclamation mark should disappear again
5. This should continue like this, until the whole quest requirement is fulfilled and then the game should show the green checkmark, indicating the quest has been fully accomplished.

Right now there are some problems with the exclamation mark.

* It doesn't disappear correctly after first opening it (as reported in that other thread), even after clicking on it a few times
* Refreshing the game does make it disappear (also reported in the other thread)
* Opening quest details of another quest, also makes it disappear (reported here)
* Finishing another quest also makes it disappear

This is what we have now, is that correct?

Last edited:

DeletedUser607

and finishing another quest makes the halloween-exclamationmark disappear.

I need to test if it works the other way round too (probably tomorrow). means, finishing a halloween subquest should make the exclamation mark go away on the repeatable quest.