• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug Game won't load when I switch to another tab

DeletedUser209

Whenever I do this the game won't load. Either on the first load or just when going through city-map-research. It just freezes waiting for me to get back to it and then it starts loading.
I'm using opera.

Marindor

No problem here with this, so it might have something to do with your computer/browser having problems dividing your internet connection between various tabs. Are there any other players who experience this as well?

Edit: Tested on Google Chrome here

DeletedUser209

I've just tested it on google chrome and it was fine so I think it only works like that on opera.

Marindor

Okay thank you for clarifying this. Are there any other Opera-users who can confirm this for us?

DeletedUser283

I had this issue quite often, and with FoE as well;
it seems to be related to the flash player plugin : if it is not "on screen" while loading, its visible activity kind of "freezes";
with Chrome, it updates automatically after a delay of approx. 1 sec.
same with waterfox;
not tested yet on opera, as flash games tend to lag more with this browser

Marindor

Okay Philplessis, so if I understand it's not something we could do anything about, just an issue with the Flash Plugin that works like this everywhere in Opera?

DeletedUser283

I have observed this issue in many online flash-based games;
as I told you, if the flash player operated page is not at the foreground while loading, it may just not update the display;
for instance : I open a world in FOE (Chrome) and switch to Elvenar in the mean time (Waterfox) just to avoid being looking at a loading bar :)
when I get back, the display on FoE is unchanged (loading bar, but updates quite quickly);
maybe there is a problem with Opera;
I remember having used Opera for FoE 2 years ago, but I stopped because loading visited cities took ages...

DeletedUser

This is not a game bug, but related to the way Flash itself works in the chosen browser.
I got the same problem w¡th waterfox, the only way to make it load, is refreshing the tab.