• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Game over!

DeletedUser199

game started on: 28th of january 2015
tech-tree: finished
scouting: finished*
battles : finished**
provinces: cleared***
construction: finished
expansions: finished****
main quest: finished
repeatable quests: irrepeatable
supplies: zero
production: zero
training troops: zero
activities: zero
new features since start of game: zero *****
promises: plenty
hopes: vanished

game: over

*= next scouting possible in 2 days
**= next negotiations possible in 2 days
*** = next province to clear in 2 days
**** = next expansion in 16 days

*****edit: let me be honest: you did introduce a few features: the "black-screen-feature ("flash-player-crash-down-feature"), the "shadow-fighting-feature" and the "64%-percent-loading-feature"

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Just start the game every two weeks on Tuesday to see whether there are any new features. If not you just play another game.

DeletedUser867

Treat it like a sandbox. Wipe out your city and try something different, WITHOUT any need to wait for the tech tree.

When you don't have to wait for the tech tree, it's a VERY different game, with far more emphasis on Coins and Workshops.

DeletedUser1025

Like what Katwijk? Chalk drawing on the blank screen? Every Tuesday, sorry, every OTHER Tuesday! (according to Drialik:)

DeletedUser778

In the end, I think, I had and will have more to do, after the change, then before, besides clicking through quests every 3 hours.
Optimizing my city without needing any quests as income.

First calculating and checking what to sell, build new and if it would fit.
VEoNNsT4hF6m.jpg
Then rearanging from the old plan (heavily relying on quest supplies)
1HyUHkUrnRVP.jpg

To the new autarchic version
yf9WQwHHZqSd.jpg

So I'm finished planning and with the next expansion I will start to sell, rearange and build (could start already, but more space is convenient :p)

So maybe also try to build a not quest dependend city?
Then you would have supplies again for manufactories and troops! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

First calculating and checking what to sell, build new and if it would fit.
Friends, I have made a very comfortable tables in which all this is calculated in a couple of clicks! Right here.
Soon they will be in English! :)

DeletedUser

Elvenar is the best game in the world.
  • So far, no mistakes could be discovered.
  • The game is very exciting and all players should be very pleased.
  • All moderators and managers are extremely intelligent and beautiful/handsome.
  • Whoever has another opinion (even if it is true) is wrong.
  • We will see if this post lasts longer before it falls victim to censorship.
  • Truth hurts sometimes.

DeletedUser867

• Don't forget the articulate user community, which routinely posts messages that are interesting and informative.

If we're going to resort to sarcasm, then this is not the place to do that. If you want to constructively add to a topic then please do so, but this is not the way to go.

Brummbaer

Dear Members, please be so kind and support us (players and Elvenar team) with constructive input not with this kind of comments.

The team mentioned our input and took this change back, so our input was successful.
This is the way to change things not with unconstructive sarcasm.

Sarcasm could be a way during a discussion, but not when it is over. We have the situation back to release 0.23 and there was no reason for "hard words".

I'm absolutly agree with Muf-Muf

Regards Brummbaer

Last edited:

DeletedUser283

@LordB , I always had a non-quest-dependent city, so the limitation only affected me sideways ;)
I fought against it, though, because it was a bad choice;
I have removed my non-boosted manufactories - though I liked their looks very much, and that was the reason I built them in the first place;
then I have removed residences because I had much population in excess;
now I am adjusting my basic goods production (planks) because it is a tad weak atm;
at the end of the day I am left with lots of unused space in my city, that I keep as a reserve for future buildings (and future buildings there might be according to what has been announced);
things are back to normal : accumulating relics and KPs and waiting for new content (and declining stupid quests in hope that better ones may come some day ;) )

Elderflower

I am not at all reliant on quests. I do them only because they are part of the game. I have always had enough coins and tools to continue so the rewards are not of great interest to me although I do like it when they include a quantity of goods.
I have finished the research tree but still have room for expansions in my city. And when that is complete I may well look into Katwijk's idea of building a completely new city.
I also enjoy interacting with the more active neighbours and members of my fellowship.
I guess what I am saying is that this game suits my temperament which means of course that it may not suit other types of personality. And you can't please all of the people all of the time.