• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug Game open with PC and mobile but doesn't terminate on the first device by chat activities

Avenahar

Game version: 1.89
HTML5 Yes/No: both
Game world: Beta
Browser/IOS/Android + version: Google Chrome, current version + Windows 10 / Android 8.0 Oreo
Flash Player version:
Operating System: windows 10
Screen resolution: 1920*1080 / horizontal resulotion 1600 pixels
Account name: Avenahar
Humans or Elves:

Reproducibility: 5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: (if applicable)

Current situation: the world is opened on the PC at the same time I open the world on the tablet. The world on the PC stays opened. I am still able to write nessages in the chat window. These massages that I write whilst the world is opend on the PC and on the tablet appear on both devices. Same for the messages, that I receive. It doesn't matter if I write a chat-message either on the PC or on the tablet. The behavior is the same. I also can open the options-barr to reach the settings or to log off.
But if I make a choice here and want to save it, in the device that was opened first (and same behaviuor if I want to open something in the main menu), the game terminates on the device that was opened first and I get the message"Session expired" (see screenshot)

__
__

Expected situation: If I open the game on a second device ALL features should be switched off in the first device as the opening with the second device terminates the game on the first device.
__
__

Reproduction Steps (it is for PC as the first device but also works vice versa)
1. I open the game on a PC
2. afterwards I open the game on an android tablet
3. I write a chat message in the PC version
4. I can read the chat message in the PC version and at the same time in the mobile version
5. I receive a message in the PC version and at the same time in the mobile version
6. I can answer to the received chat message in the PC version and can read my answer at the same time in the mobile version
7. I can open the options barr in the PC version without causing that the game gets terminated
8. if I make a choise in the options barr (despite log-off) and want to save the change, the game terminates (see screenshot)
9. I get the same reaction "Game terminated" if I want to open something from the main menu

session expired.jpg

Last edited:

Karvest

Chat is using separate server. As soon as client would do any request to game server (not to chat server), it would show session expired window.
Was thinking about using this effect to make FS chat logger/discord relay/etc, but too lazy yet.

Avenahar

so the chat server should also get a signal that another device is logged in and the sending of a chat message should show the "terminated" screen

Karvest

Not sure why do you need it, but implementing that would ruin my hopes of having saved chat while I'm not at home.

DeletedUser2690

Thank you for your input. This is under investigation.

DeletedUser2690

This is working as intended and, therefore, is not a bug.