• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

FS Apply button not working

DeletedUser1877

The apply button does not always work.

Game version: __ v1.25.3-(9cc3a0622) (2017-03-20 16:10) Likely all versions
Game world: __ US1, but likely all
Browser + version: __ FF latest
Flash Player version: __ latest
Operating System: __ Win 7
Screen resolution: __ 1024 x 768
Account name: __ Gandolphus
Humans or Elves: __ both

Reproducibility: 5/5

Current situation:
Apply button does not always work

Expected situation:
If button present, application should be submitted

Reproduction Steps:
1. __ Choose a player who is in F/S (in my case, from mail)
2. __ Visit the player
3. __ From their city, view their FS
4. __ Apply button present - press it.
5. __ Notice it doesn't tell you app sent.
6. __ Verify in your own FS display, no applications shown

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Hi Gandolfus! We were not able so far to reproduce this issue. The application proceeded normally each time, with the notification that the application was sent, and also the Fellowship being listed in the Requests tab. Are there maybe some steps that are missing, or some factor we don't yet know about?

DeletedUser1877

Strange, just created a new player and no problem. Created a FS, disbanded it, and problem shows up. Seems to happen only if you have left a FS?

And yes, I had left a FS in the first instance, to join another one.

Sir Squirrel

There is a wait period before you can join another FS if you disband or leave a FS, before you can join another. Try waiting 24 hours then try again. This happened to me when I disbanded my 1 man FS to join another one when I joined Beta as well.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1877

I have several times changed within an hour or so, thought that 24 hours was for rejoining same FS?

Specifically (sp?) I left FS at 3:19, went into new one at 7:25.

CrazyWizard

If I am not mistaken you can instantly switch FS is you have been at least for 24h in the "old fellowhip"

So you can't hop from 1 to another to another to another to another.

DeletedUser1877

that would make sense. So the original problem is a problem, even if it requires a specific sequence of events.

Sir Squirrel

I used 24 hours as a guide line, Crazy Wizard might be right. I am not sure of the specifics, but know I had to wait to join a FS, when I disbanded mine, but it might have not been 24 hours that I was in it.

CrazyWizard

that would make sense. So the original problem is a problem, even if it requires a specific sequence of events.

It's not a problem. it's intended that way.
It's to avoid people gaining an advantage by switchingy between multiple guilds in a short time.
This is why the 24h rule was imposed, if you are not jumping from guild to guild to guild there is no problem whatsoever.

DeletedUser1877

It's not a problem. it's intended that way.
It's to avoid people gaining an advantage by switchingy between multiple guilds in a short time.
This is why the 24h rule was imposed, if you are not jumping from guild to guild to guild there is no problem whatsoever.
Sorry, but did you read the actual bug report? The apply button while present does not work if accessed one way, but will work if accessed a different way. Indeed, there IS a problem.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Thanks Gandolfus, we will continue to try to reproduce this issue with the new steps you have provided :)

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
For now, we are still unable to reproduce this issue, so we will set the thread to 'Cannot Reproduce'.

We will of course look at this again if anyone has more information that could help us to reproduce it.

DeletedUser1877

Yesterday, on US1 I again faced the same issue.

Was in a fellowship (FS1) , but was displeased. Sent a few mails looking for a new home.

Received a mail inviting me to apply to FS 2
Left FS1.
Opened the mail, visited the AM of FS2 who sent it.
While in their city, clicked their FS button.
Noted the 'Apply' button present, and pressed it.
Nothing happened, no confirmation, and upon returning home, my FS info show no application outstanding.
Used the ranking list, looked FS2 up, and used the apply button there.
Worked as expected from there.

DeletedUser1877

Just a thought, is it possible the reason QA can't duplicate this is they have 'special permissions' and somehow that affects a test?