• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Frustration

Maillie

Some of us want to travel with more comfort, and are prepared to pay for that.
This is very true, in most cases. I have one city that I have spent money on to enlarge. My next expansion is 8k diamonds. The city is the easiest one to play. I don't resent the money I spent there, no one told me that I had to do that. I have two other cities that are definitely not in that great of shape, and they take a lot more work and a lot more time to get anything accomplished. Beta doesn't offer discounts, so I have bought very few diamonds there. Beta starts a chapter a month ahead of the live city, but the live city that I spent diamonds on finishes at least a month or two ahead of the Beta city.

I think of it this way: Every car I've bought for many decades has been a lot more expensive than the previous car. My choices are to start making costly repairs on the old one, go without a car, or pay for a newer one. At some point it becomes evident that I can't afford the repairs and have to buy a newer one, even though it's much more expensive than the last one was when I bought it.

The thing that I like most about Elvenar is the fact that I'm not required to pay for the expansions, or anything else, to play. Yes, it takes longer, but it's a choice that I make. The thing that I like the least is when a company changes direction and suddenly says "You bought expansions, you won't be able to help your fellowship get 10 chests any more." Now that was just painful.