• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Communication [Forwarded] copy text messages

DeletedUser

It's a good idea, but when elvenar officially open you are going to play in the server who correspond to your native language, so you are not going to use the translator

DeletedUser

It's a good idea, but when elvenar officially open you are going to play in the server who correspond to your native language, so you are not going to use the translator

that's right. But even then it would be the same useful to have the possibility to use ctrl + c and ctrl + v. Even in other games of Inno text of the received message is selectable.

DeletedUser58

Some players will keep on playing here in order to test features ahead of others. I think this would be good to have. :)

DeletedUser136

This idea went cold but I still think it's a very good one.

DeletedUser1231

actually it will be really very useful to me select the text in the mail .
it's true that this is an option which is mainly useful on the beta ( but I sometimes also used on the FOE while I play in my language ) , but it can be allow to prevent players not speaking little or no abandoning the beta only from that only on national servers.
we already stick a little text messaging but the copy will simplify my life greatly .

DeletedUser252

+1
I like the possibility to copy writtin text in the messages. It's easy to send a link, translate, or quote your fellow

DeletedUser867

The copy paste function is also useful when you're preparing a fake table. I'll often send a test message to my buddy, to see what the Formatting Gods are going to do to it, and I'll then tune it as needed so that the rest of the guild will see a cleanly formatted message.

Chrome uses the most white space, btw, so if you're working in Chrome you're probably ok for viewers who are using either IE or Firefox.

DeletedUser

Also it is not possible select with mouse a precise position in middle of text for edit or correct something. Only works well the keyboard.

DeletedUser43

I've forwarded this idea, with the comment that there are several purposes for a copy-functionality:
  1. Being able to translate a text in a translation tool (e.g. Google Translate).
  2. Being able to copy all earlier messages and paste them in a new conversation. This seems to be necessary for fellowships, as a fellowship needs to start a new conversation with every new member. A relevant post has been posted in another thread:
    But each new joined fellow needs a new started Mail, and I have to copy the written invitations of the others to a new Mail. Also copy and paste didn't work, so I had to re-write the invitations per handtyping!!! (it's not able to mark the older text, so you can't copy it)
    (@Madariel , I understand that you would prefer a Fellowships Forum, but being able to copy the message could be a good first step. :) )
  3. Being able to copy and paste an URL, instead of manually typing the whole URL.
  4. Being able to quote earlier messages.
  5. Being able to use one message as a 'concept', to ensure that the formatting is correct, and then to copy the correctly formatted message to send it to a group.
@Terek , you should be able to place your cursor with your mouse in the middle of the message while you're writing it, so you can easily correct something. If you're having trouble with doing this, you could write a bug report in our Bugs Forum (click). ;)

DeletedUser867

The cursor issue is already posted at https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/message-editing-cursor-placement.3029/

The fundamental problem is that the XenForo mouse cursor drops the keyboard cursor EXACTLY under the image, which is the appropriate behavior, while the chat box mouse cursor drops the keyboard cursor at the upper left corner of the mouse cursor.

The fix is to put the active point in the middle of the "I" mouse cursor, just like we have in the XenForo forums, et al.