• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

FoE

DeletedUser481

Ive got one idea... no more FoE for this game ... aaaah yes ... foE its cool /// Ive beeen playin IT cultie 2 and half year ... but hate and need for visibility is at least somewhere... I like FoE but what do you mean .. it is not FoE ... it is Elvenar ... Okay ... my contract :)

DeletedUser420

I may not have understood everything you said... but I got that part. If I wanted this to be like FoE, I would play there instead of here

I cringe every time someone says "FoE. has this ", "FoE does that" , "well, in FoE"... I'm pretty sure Inno knows what FoE is, does, has and doesn't have.

This game is called Elvenar.

You're only half right. I think that this game has more potential than FoE (especially with world map and military aspects), but because it's essentially a clone of FoE I don't see why should it be cringeworthy to ask for the same basic functionality as FoE?
Or maybe it was a ruse when INNO invited our input on guilds?

DeletedUser136

it's essentially a clone of FoE
I disagree. It has similarities to FoE which can't be denied, but I didn't pop over here to play FoE 2. Perhaps they will see enough interest in continuing that game that they will come out with a second version of that next :)

DeletedUser58

I like comparing the two because it makes it easier to express opinion/thoughts. As mentioned, 90% of the player base here have at least tried it so when I think of a feature, instead of explaining it in details, its just easier to state the equivalent from FoE. Which is likely a bad habit, as I myself would like the two games to differ as much as possible. :)

jens333

Why should you take not good stuff from FoE, there is enough of it!
I think only on the array of neighbors or friends below, it is better to visit players to get his gold as always on the world map. (while I don't even think on the Aid-Button :D)
A Guild or clan system will come probably here too, but we should give time to the gamedesign to develop it.

DeletedUser118

I think we shouldn't try to make the mistake of trying to make this game some sort of a "better Forge of Empires version". The two games have to be different and stay like that cuz else you could really say: "If you wanna play FoE, go there instead of comming to us."

However that doesn't mean we are not allowed to make the best out of the experiences we've made back at the other game. But I agree if we say: Lets not make this a FoE 2.

DeletedUser

FoE is obviously a more mature browser game than Elvenar, with some undeniable similarities, so it can be used for inspiration / comparison.
I can think of lots of other games I could use for the same purposes... some of them in a negative way :) like Grepolis. But hopefully there will be no need to do so!

DeletedUser819

I am excited and looking forward
on new different game types:)))

I have both games played, GREPOLIS and FOE
FOE I still play, have there a great guild,
the players I will not leave you alone. -

DeletedUser

In Grepolis a player can lose ALL his cities to other players. This makes you be online literally all the time to defend yourself.
Hopefully we're not heading in that direction!

DeletedUser

I think if they use some of the features FoE added as it progressed for a better player experiance isn't a bad thing. But i agree, don't make this game a clone of FoE just in a fantasy setting.

DeletedUser594

Had one look at Grepolis and made a Uturn, seems that FOE is Innos
best game except for the Iphone/Ipad version...
Here they can't even fix the 64% log on problem!!:eek:

DeletedUser118

Well, I don't think everyone agrees on you about FoE as I've heard alot of players over at The West that they don't really like what's going on at FoE and are leaving the game. Too much pay to win as in almost all Innogames Games.

DeletedUser

About Grepolis. I played it for over a year, on two different occasions. The game is fun until you get too many cities (50+ is bad, and I had over 150). You cannot possibly manage them all. The developers refuse to make available any useful tools for city management, so many players resort to illegal bots, for which they get banned, which completely screws up alliance play.

But FoE is doing great as far as I can see. I play on 3 German worlds. Very excited to see the latest 'Tomorrow' era coming next week!

DeletedUser

I agree, opening a new game for cover a wider market it shouldnt had similarities and had to be ver diferent. We can spend more time in FoE if it is that we expect here.

DeletedUser

Well, I don't think everyone agrees on you about FoE as I've heard alot of players over at The West that they don't really like what's going on at FoE and are leaving the game. Too much pay to win as in almost all Innogames Games.

You mean in almost all free2play browser games. People can't complain about that. I get to play for free because other people spend alot of money on these games.

DeletedUser118

Lets not start a discussion about the meaning of free2play I'd say. This won't lead us anywhere as too many ppl have too many different views of that. :)

To each its own and the most to me. :D