• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fight auto

DeletedUser

Hi!

I mistakely click on "fight auto" that has appear after that morning maintenance, and loose all my units... I think that won't be the last time for me, and that I'm not the only one.

Was it really necessary to create that huge and central button that switch an interesting point of the game: the fight?... And that could involve big loss to those that are used to fight manual way
If some are interested by that option, why not offering it with a button as discret as it is in the fight screen?

I hope it will be modified soon, the production on unit is so slow that such loss is not a detail.

Thanks

DeletedUser844

I almost clicked it by mistake, too, but I don't think it's necessary to make it less visible. A confirmation screen (if there's none yet) asking you if you really want to fight an automatic battle would be enough to prevent players from mistakenly using that option.

DeletedUser252

I also clicked it almost. Why is it there? There is an "auto-fight" button allready, just above the speed button

DeletedUser847

Indeed, please remove it. It isn't the auto fight is so important that it needs a placement this prominent. While making mistakes so easy.

DeletedUser209

I lost an entire army too. I didn't mean to click it.

DeletedUser

I believe the problem is that the AI is not (yet) very intelligent.
I guess we all like a moderately challenging AI when it's fighting against us, but not when it's fighting FOR us :)
But sure, a smaller button would make sense too.

DeletedUser

I have clicked this #$@$%^& button twice now. (slow learner:oops:) I know I will get used to it eventually as will everyone else but is it really necessary to place it so prominently? Maybe make it a different color so it is not so easily confused with the current, very same looking, button right next to it.

DeletedUser

Luckily I managed to stay away from the new auto-fight button so far, I don't like it at all. Fighting encounters at the moment only is possible manually, of course no one would wish to press the auto button at that stage.

And I would NOT like any AI-modification, it would be a severe balancing issue, you need the weak AI now to be able to win some fights.

DeletedUser209

I'd like to add that I only do auto fights after I do the first turn so I can let my enemies get close and then I let A.I. attack with the whole army. If they do it on auto they just send the whole army to die.

DeletedUser850

I have clicked the button already twice too :( And lost plenty of troops due to Auto-Fight
I am pretty sure, thats the location where the "Fight" Button was before... why else would I move my mouse subconciously to that spot... all the time...

Edit: 3rd time I accidentally hit the Auto-Fight Button :( And lost most of my troops ...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

But I think you'll agree that the current AI can be outright stupid. What I mean is situations where non-ranged enemy units just stand there in middle of the battlefield without moving even as my archers pound them with arrows. (I'm sure it's a bug and I've already reported it.)

Luckily I managed to stay away from the new auto-fight button so far, I don't like it at all. Fighting encounters at the moment only is possible manually, of course no one would wish to press the auto button at that stage.

And I would NOT like any AI-modification, it would be a severe balancing issue, you need the weak AI now to be able to win some fights.

DeletedUser

AI is an interesting subject but it's not the purpose of that thread, please focus on the original one. Why not keep talking about AI by opening the debate on another thread...

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only stupid guy that fell in the trap :D
Of course it's not a trap, but please, change that button. I see 4 options mentioned here:
- make it discret (little in a corner)
- open a confirmation screen
- color it differently than the classic fight button
- delete that button and deal only with the existing button (next to the give up button on the fighting screen).

DeletedUser392

Amazing again- auto fight button before reveal of battle map. Who needs that. Because of the terrain one battle could be won or lost.
Why, just why.

DeletedUser43

Thank you all for reporting this issue so soon after the update. geeko113 made a nice summary of ideas to change the "Auto. Fight" button:

Of course it's not a trap, but please, change that button. I see 4 options mentioned here:
- make it discret (little in a corner)
- open a confirmation screen
- color it differently than the classic fight button
- delete that button and deal only with the existing button (next to the give up button on the fighting screen).

I have forwarded these ideas. If any other ideas of how to change this button come to mind, please post them in the Ideas Forum (click). :)

DeletedUser

This issue is so annoying. Did it twice by accident today as i go into auto click mode. The position of the buttons have moved..... I lost a whole days worth of troops in seconds. Please change it. Thank you.

DeletedUser

Wholesaler needs a confirmation button also. As the buttons are so large its easy to misclick instead of the arrows.

DeletedUser231

AUTO-FAILURE is a utter failure.....I lost 5 complete squads when maybe at most I should have only lost 2....ANOTHER GREAT EXAMPLE OF A FAILED UPDATE....

DeletedUser126

Combat is broken w/o auto so what did you expect ? :p

And to boot it its in a place where you can easily miss click it....

DeletedUser

I have also clicked on the auto-figth button accidentally more than once. There is no need for this button, once in the combat screen it is easy enough to click the auto button from there.

If the game designers really see the need for an auto-fight button on the army setup screen it's position should be swapped with the fight button.
It is very poor design practice to place a button with a different function in exactly the same position as one clicked on the previous screen, especially when the alternative arrangement would maintain consistency across pages.