• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fairy Wonder Blooming Trader

DeletedUser867

And while limitations, regulations, and restrictions may be required in a game where players like to devastate each other...Elvenar is all about possibility, which needs nurture and freedom and wonder.
A City Builder has ECONOMIC and SPACE constraints that are probably MORE FUNDAMENTAL than the combat attributes that you'll see in a devastation game. In a City Builder working out the puzzle is pretty much the POINT of the game, whereas in a combat game the constraints only exist to keep the playing field level.
  • Sources and Constraints
    • Knowledge Points (Time)
    • Research
    • Expansions
    • Buildings (with various Cycle Lengths)
      • Culture (base)
      • Workers
      • Coins
      • Supplies
      • Goods
    • Neighborly Help (Coins & Supplies)
    • Sector Acquisition and Tournaments (Runes, Relics, and Knowledge Points)
  • Sinks and Accelerants
    • Upgrades (including Orientation and Size)
    • Sector Acquisition and Tournaments (Troops and Goods)
    • Culture (125% and above)
    • Magic Academy (Spells)
    • Ancient Wonders (Various Benefits)
jigsaw.jpg
City Builders are HIGHLY constrained.
Elvenar is a city builder, not a glorified chat room.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser867

Weed - like garden? That looks suspiciously like a plural possessive. :p

Oh please no. Don't make it a sandbox. If I wanted to fingerpaint, I'd use Photoshop.
I >>> LIKE <<< sussing out the underlying algorithms.

Some people are happy with making decisions on horseback, but I prefer dressage.

DeletedUser

Some people are happy with making decisions on horseback, but I prefer dressage.
But we all should rethink who is horse and who riders in this set... Because it looks like players want to be riders when matched with game, but same time they are horse when matched with owners.. Problem is with this second case, because players don't like to be treated this way. Sooner or later they drop rider from their back. Why owners so often want to fight with players? At some point they will fall. Maybe they will not break a neck, but for sure it will cause a lot of pain and what more important - from that point them will have to walk and not ride :) And we should have in mind they just fall, so walking will cause almost for sure additional pain.

DeletedUser867

If the horse gets old or sick it will be replaced with a new one. :)
Not anytime soon. http://press.innogames.com/innogames-hits-100-million-euros-in-2015-grows-mobile-100
InnoGames aims to fill 50 more job positions this year – many with new colleagues from abroad. In Fact, in June of this past year, the company was distinguished by the German Federal Ministry of Economics as one of six organizations in the country that are particularly attractive to international professionals.

And they just acquired a firm that specializes in mobile apps. http://press.innogames.com/german-studio-funatics-team-joins-innogames

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser118

To me that's more like they gonna build an even more fancy looking stable. But the horses inside is what's important to us riders I'd say.

DeletedUser

If the horse gets old or sick it will be replaced with a new one. :)
This is true in both cases. Old players will be replaced with new ones And this game can also be replaced with different one. With one addition for first case... Something called "black PR" exists and can backfire. Acquiring new players in such situation can be really hard.

DeletedUser118

Seeing how other companys are not only treating their players but also start new games over and over and don't much update them anymore but still are popular and have alot of customers shows me that its still working. Best example for that is BigPoint.