• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fairy Production Times are irritatingly bipolar

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser118

Goryn you should check german forums of other games by Inno to see that this statement about Americans being all different from Europeans is just wrong. Its almost the same as it is here. Its not just the Americans who complain, but all kinds of ppl from all around the world who all try to make themselves heard but they have the impression nobody really cares.

I'm a player of games made by you guys for about 10 years now. And even though I really like the thoughts behind oh so many of these games ( I was even able to test some really early games nobody probably ever heard of) its always the same problem occuring over and over again. People are unhappy with the way they are treated and how their complains are being ignored instead of being taken seriously.

Do you really think all these ppl could be wrong and all they want is attention or making Innogames responsible for their mistakes?

Look at the player developements of your games and how there's aways a big break at some point where alot of ppl are wandering of. You really think its only cuz they are just bored of the game? Perhaps there are others reasons. ;)

DeletedUser629

On an exceedingly serious side note.....physical abuse of children and adults stays in the closet and continues because people don't like to hear about it. If we don't speak of these things in public and without shame, they continue. No one should ever be stopped from discussing "those kind of things". Light is the only thing that ever takes care of the dark.

Unless you are by "those kinds of things" you meant the fact that I was a lawyer. I can see why no one should ever discuss THAT in public. ;)

No, i meant that a public forum of a game is not the place to post such things. It's also extremely off-topic.

Goryn you should check german forums of other games by Inno to see that this statement about Americans being all different from Europeans is just wrong. Its almost the same as it is here. Its not just the Americans who complain, but all kinds of ppl from all around the world who all try to make themselves heard but they have the impression nobody really cares.

I'm a player of games made by you guys for about 10 years now. And even though I really like the thoughts behind oh so many of these games ( I was even able to test some really early games nobody probably ever heard of) its always the same problem occuring over and over again. People are unhappy with the way they are treated and how their complains are being ignored instead of being taken seriously.

Do you really think all these ppl could be wrong and all they want is attention or making Innogames responsible for their mistakes?

Look at the player developements of your games and how there's aways a big break at some point where alot of ppl are wandering of. You really think its only cuz they are just bored of the game? Perhaps there are others reasons. ;)

I was referring to the difference in customer service. I don't think any player on the Beta forum can complain about not being heard, or not being taken seriously. We as beta team have always interacted with players in the best possible way, even though that means we sometimes have to tell players things won't always go as they like.

As i have said before, some players will always be unhappy, no matter what. Unfortunately, they are also the loudest players who have nothing positive to add, and usually bombard us with their negative sarcastic input.

Inno as a company is doing just fine. If anything needs to be changed they will change it. There is not a single game out there that doesn't lose a lot of players from time to time, but overall, there are millions of players who enjoy the various games Inno provides.

DeletedUser118

Yes its true they might be the loudest and sometimes not the politest but what do you prefer? Ppl who join here and participate and tell you what their problems are or those who don't join, don't read and just leave the game without a word?

Also sarcasm is often a way of showing you don't really feel heard or being taken seriously. Why should people be sarcastic if they feel understood by the authorities?

And yes, Innogames is doing quite fine as a company. We can see that with every new game comming and lotsa people playing there. But then again they are still doing the same old mistakes over and over again which might hold them back from becomming even better one in the end. They just need to listen to ppl some more. I know that might sound a bit odd with how the company developes, but at some point you will see growing isn't everything, its to keep ppl playing and that's something I have never felt in any of your games.

DeletedUser629

1. I don't think this is true. This forum used to have a lot of people who complained about a lot of things and tried to give suggestions for how to make this game better. Now, all the chats are filled with people who say they won't say a thing on the forums because of the heavy handedness and the fact that no one listens. Americans, Europeans, all humans eventually learn to avoid being beaten up on and they learn that when something is useless banging your head against the wall hurts. So IF there is less speaking up about issues here, that could be the reason. I hear people say every day they won't speak up here.

I don't think we have ever given a player a reason not to post here the past 14 months, or gave the impression we weren't listening because we don't care. But you must understand that we can't change the game, we can only listen to the complaints, and forward them to the developers.

2. If this is true, which I still don't think it is (comparing the number of posts from the two forums), then perhaps it could be because Americans were sold a non beta version and the players on this forum were told from the beginning this is a beta version. If you buy a practice game you expect all kinds of bugs, if you buy a live version, you don't.

When it comes to bugs, we have been very busy convincing the developers we need more time to test things on Beta. We don't want to see bugs on the live servers that were reported here on Beta. We were heard, and now we have 2 weeks to hunt and kill bugs. We as beta team take our jobs very seriously. We also started rewarding Beta players for reporting bugs.

3. If you ban people from complaining, well then, yeah, that will cut down on complaints. It doesn't mean it will cut down on being unhappy. It just means now Inno has no chance to find out why our neighborhoods are 90% full of empty cities of players who quit long ago. Heck....95%? I don't have 10 actual people playing in either world around me and I have over 250 neighbors in each.

We don't ban people for complaining. You have to try really hard to get banned by one of us because nobody within the team wants to do that. It would resemble censorship where only positive people are allowed to comment, and that's not our way of doing things.

4. Are you saying that Inno should avoid the American market because it is too hard to learn to do business there?

Yes its true they might be the loudest and sometimes not the politest but what do you prefer? Ppl who join here and participate and tell you what their problems are or those who don't join, don't read and just leave the game without a word?

Also sarcasm is often a way of showing you don't really feel heard or being taken seriously. Why should people be sarcastic if they feel understood by the authorities?

And yes, Innogames is doing quite fine as a company. We can see that with every new game comming and lotsa people playing there. But then again they are still doing the same old mistakes over and over again which might hold them back from becomming even better one in the end. They just need to listen to ppl some more. I know that might sound a bit odd with how the company developes, but at some point you will see growing isn't everything, its to keep ppl playing and that's something I have never felt in any of your games.

What every player needs to realize, is that we as beta team have no direct influence on the development of Elvenar. We listen to the players, and we understand your frustration more than you perhaps realize. After all, we are players too.

If players feel we are not listening to them, or feel they're not being taken seriously, then we as beta team should have a look at that. We all care about the community, we would not have applied for a position within the team if we didn't. But we must also protect the community from players who deliberately want to harm it.

Deleted User - 56274

There are many things that equate to Mods not necessarily taking the time to look at and forward player suggestions. The Suggestion Database page hasn't been updated since November. Beta at least seems to have some active Moderators, the US ones act more as police rather than an intermediary between the players and developers.
I do understand that the game is a work in progress, but there are numerous suggestions about improving the player experience that seem to just be in limbo. New features are nice but there are many things that could be improved upon in the current game. I cannot count how many times on the US server when I get booted out of the game because of some unexplained error (or that I am going to fast for the game to process.)

DeletedUser651

If players feel we are not listening to them, or feel they're not being taken seriously, then we as beta team should have a look at that.

Overall, this is Inno's issue. We assume you pass along all the complaints from these forums, but rarely does anything change. Of all the suggestions made, hardly any are implemented. If people speak up and nothing ever changes, then people will feel not heard.

However, the way you have treated bobbiPiazza in this thread has made it clear you don't want to hear any dissent. You have attacked her over and over with some really nasty comments. Essentially telling her that she is ignored on other forums, you have called her arrogant, and you have told her that the money she has paid into this game doesn't entitle her to anything. I mean, seriously? Who in their right mind would want to post after that? I make a few asides and you jump all over them as if they were treatises. Other people can see these comments and it has a huge chilling effect on commentary. Not to mention the direct comment that further unfounded complaints will be deleted! (fyi...all complaints are founded in some issue).

Throughout these forums there is a lot of anger directed at anyone who complains about anything. The overriding theme seems to be: attack the vociferous dissenters. If you all want to take a look at anything, I would suggest starting there. If you want to hear from players, don't tell people to shut up.

I know you think complainers are attackers and thus you get incredibly defensive as a group, but I repeat....complaints are opportunities for the company to gain and keep more customers. Perhaps if you and/or Inno viewed the dissent that way, you all wouldn't feel so defensive.

DeletedUser629

Overall, this is Inno's issue. We assume you pass along all the complaints from these forums, but rarely does anything change. Of all the suggestions made, hardly any are implemented. If people speak up and nothing ever changes, then people will feel not heard.

However, the way you have treated bobbiPiazza in this thread has made it clear you don't want to hear any dissent. You have attacked her over and over with some really nasty comments. Essentially telling her that she is ignored on other forums, you have called her arrogant, and you have told her that the money she has paid into this game doesn't entitle her to anything. I mean, seriously? Who in their right mind would want to post after that? I make a few asides and you jump all over them as if they were treatises. Other people can see these comments and it has a huge chilling effect on commentary. Not to mention the direct comment that further unfounded complaints will be deleted! (fyi...all complaints are founded in some issue).

Throughout these forums there is a lot of anger directed at anyone who complains about anything. The overriding theme seems to be: attack the vociferous dissenters. If you all want to take a look at anything, I would suggest starting there. If you want to hear from players, don't tell people to shut up.

I know you think complainers are attackers and thus you get incredibly defensive as a group, but I repeat....complaints are opportunities for the company to gain and keep more customers. Perhaps if you and/or Inno viewed the dissent that way, you all wouldn't feel so defensive.

You seem to be reading things that aren't there. I never called anyone arrogant, nor have i attacked anyone. You also seem to be missing the fact that you and some others have posted many unfounded comments regarding Inno or the devs. You may think all complaints are founded, but clearly, they're not. I said that players who pay money don't have to expect special treatment because all players are equal. i said that because the both of you kept going on about how much money you spend on this game thus expecting to be more important than other players. Non paying players often give valuable feedback we can work with, so they are equally important.

Yes, people can read these comments, they can also read how some of you are having a go at each other on this forum going completely off-topic.

You can leave that on the US forum, i will not accept that on this one, and i will remove comments targeting another player personally. This goes for everyone by the way. Nobody gets special treatment here.

DeletedUser

@Goryn Problem is on the management side. They force their own ideas even if whole community is against. Repeatable quests? Changed a lot to point where repeating them is too much time consuming. Ancient Wonders were almost not playable and most of people ignored them? Forced players to at least research technology as a obligatory ones by reordering techtree. Magic Academy? Forcing players to build it in Main plot, despite it is most useless and crappy building in whole this game. Especially for high end users. Should I list more their "sins"?

I don't blame forum team, because it is pointless. But some problems are known for months and nothing is even heard about solving them. People are giving here tips, solutions and I see huge positive feedback, but ignored by management. Besides changes are very slow. It looks like there is only one dev in this project and 10 managers over him :) There were 5 guest races announced, but with current speed 5th will be somewhere at end of 2017... Maybe... Do you really think people will wait so long? We all see every upgrade end with more and more bugs, many as a returning ones. Some are silently "ignored"... I never seen for example in changelog mentioning fixing bug with free Tools after canceling queue in Barracks. This was bug really unbalancing game, but not mentioned on forum so fixing it was postponed to regular update. Not as hotfix in a matter of hours, because it doesn't went to public.

Some servers are having registration off, because of servers malfuncions, what greatly increase problem with depopulation of servers. What management did in this matter? Slightly changed algorithm of placing new players. What they did to old players? Nothing. They are alone and abandoned somewhere on the edges of world map. Because of such management ignorance, people will be leaving this game much faster. Top players from many servers already are hating this game. This hate is moving down and a lot of players can tell "it is true what top players are saying". If forum team at some point start to bashing players, calling them liars and so on, they made enemies from people who were to this point with them. You have to decide what is more important. I only say one thing... In such situation moderators from forum I write had at least personal courage. They resigned from their functions. It was their decision when having to choose between backup stupid Inno decisions and players having right to be angry.

DeletedUser629

There are many things that equate to Mods not necessarily taking the time to look at and forward player suggestions. The Suggestion Database page hasn't been updated since November. Beta at least seems to have some active Moderators, the US ones act more as police rather than an intermediary between the players and developers.
I do understand that the game is a work in progress, but there are numerous suggestions about improving the player experience that seem to just be in limbo. New features are nice but there are many things that could be improved upon in the current game. I cannot count how many times on the US server when I get booted out of the game because of some unexplained error (or that I am going to fast for the game to process.)

The ideas section hasn't been worked on due to a team member leaving, and the rest of us have had little time to deal with it. This doesn't mean we haven't forwarded any ideas, it just hasn't been updated.

Bugs regarding performance issues are extremely difficult to fix as not everyone is affected by it. This is one of the reasons why we need the bug reports as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce it. ideas that have been posted months ago could still find their way into the game. The developers have their own plan and a tight schedule that goes with it. To implement a new idea it has to fit into their schedule. As explained in Inno TV, they do read the forums, but there are so many ideas, many good ones, that it's impossible to implement them all.

I hereby lock this thread for further replies as it's offtopic beyond the point where we can go back to the original topic (being production times in Fairy Manufactories). In case of complaints about the (level of) customer service at the Beta server, please get in touch with our Beta Support, so that we can process your feedback properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.