• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug Fairy Portal is without street connection but Day Farm works

DeletedUser1777

Game version: v1.26-(712c794) (2017-03-15 16:06)
Game world: beta
Browser + version: Chrome Version 57.0.2987.98
Flash Player version: 25.0.0.127
Operating System: Win 7
Screen resolution:
irrelevant
Account name: Flabbes
Humans or Elves: Human

Reproducibility: 5/5
(1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: none

Current situation:
Last night I moved some buildings and steets in my city.
I discovered that my Fairy Portal isn't connected to the normal street, but I still can produce und collect goods in connected Day Farms. I built a new Day Farm and I was able to produce goods with that too.

Expected situation:
Not be able to produce und collect goods in connected Day Farms as long Fairy Portal has no street connection

Reproduction Steps
I have no idea what triggered this bug.
Maybe try simple to move/disconnet the Fairy Portal from normal street and see what happens.

Screenshots of the bug:
upload_2017-3-16_20-23-17.png

upload_2017-3-16_20-24-15.png

upload_2017-3-16_20-25-11.png

DeletedUser1777

Thank you for the link @Dony :)
But I can start new productions without the street connection too, this can't be intended.

Just tried it for fun with my other account (disconnected Dwarfen Portal and the goods aren't collectable anymore (don''t have copper mines there yet). Something is very strange ;)

no portal track
upload_2017-3-16_20-41-17.png

no street
upload_2017-3-16_20-42-56.png

when I click at the greyed out granit mine, I get this window instead collecting granite:

upload_2017-3-16_20-44-3.png

nice sidekick
the upgrade window of the greyed out granit mine looks like that

upload_2017-3-16_20-46-21.png

Dony

King of Bugs
Thank you for the link @Dony :)
But I can start new productions without the street connection too, this can't be intended.

Just tried it for fun with my other account (disconnected Dwarfen Portal and the goods aren't collectable anymore (don''t have copper mines there yet). Something is very strange ;)

no portal track
View attachment 2407

no street
View attachment 2408

when I click at the greyed out granit mine, I get this window instead collecting granite:

View attachment 2409

nice sidekick
the upgrade window of the greyed out granit mine looks like that

View attachment 2410
you disconnected portal with mines, you need to disconnect portal and street to main hall

DeletedUser1777

you need to disconnect portal and street to main hall
that's what I did in the 2nd screenshot (only disconnect street to mainhall, it's behind portal, you don't see the missing street) ;)

and I tried too, when I disconnect both, normal street and track.
I get the same red signs, as you already can see in first screenshot

DeletedUser1771

Correct me if I'm wrong: Dony removed street tile closest to portal and fairy buildings continued with production. Flabbes removed street tile further from portal and dwarf buildings stopped working. Right?

As I can remember, before, when you were removing street tiles somewhere between MH and portal, all production connected to portal would stop. And we were getting those gray icons. And it was impossible to collect. Right?

And link you gave Dony says that production will continue, but if you want to collect goods you will have to connect portal again. But you can collect goods anyway, even without connecting portal? And if this is intended behavior how Flabbes got gray icons, and why her factories stopped working? :confused: Something is wrong here.

DeletedUser1777

According to this post, you should be able to collect guest race goods, as long the "manufactury" is connected to portal.

I have different expieriences.

Fairies:
Portal not connected to street, but with track to manufactury - can produce & collect goods (and upgrade manufactury aswell)
Portal not connected to street + no track to manufactury - manufactory get red sign and goods are not collectable
Portal connected to street + no track to manufactury - manufactory get red sign
additional:
as long as the Portal is connected to the manufactory, I can upgrade both (manufactory & portal), no street needed

Dwarfes:
Portal not connected to street, but with track to manufactury - manufactory is greyed out and goods are not collectable (zero strorage)
Portal not connected to street + no track to manufactury - manufactory get red sign and goods are not collectable
Portal connected to street + no track to manufactury - manufactory get red sign
additional:
only when Portal is connected to the manufactory AND street, I can upgrade both (manufactory & portal)

Maybe you can use this table to check with devs which behavoiur is intended.

DeletedUser1771

Thank you Flabbes.

Thing is that in every portal you can store some goods indefinitely, and for some goods you have limited storage space.

Dwarves make granite and copper, and both goods have limited storage space in portal, for example at 4th level 2500/3400, when you disconnect portal from MH it shows 2500/0 and you cannot collect granite/copper. (icons become gray).

But with guest races some goods have unlimited storage, some limited. So, when you want to collect goods which have limited storage, while portal is disconnected, you wont be able to do that. But you will be able to start production of those goods. But when production is finished icon above manufactory will become gray.
Goods with unlimited storage you can produce and collect of portal is disconnected from the MH.

So, this is all intended. Even I didn't know about this new behaviour of portals, it is hard to keep track when game is changing so fast :D.

DeletedUser1777

Thank you for the efforts to investigate this "new" behaviour @Tajanstvena :)

Still don't seem to be very cosequent tho... But at least it is a rule we can follow and misuse ;)

My guess:
they needed to change the behaviour, because of the S&D chapter.

Would have appreciated, when this would have been announced, as it is a change in game mechanics. So we (you and the players) waiste time to hunt bugs, which aren't some.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
From my personal experience, this isn't new behaviour.
I have seen it work like this from fairys on (first race with some goods that you can have limitless)