• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Duplicate Enemy AI questionable

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser506

I fought a tough battle against thirty three two-headed "attack dogs." They tore apart most of my troops. Actually, that's what the men wanted to tell their wives. Truth is, the dogs weren't really that smart.

AQ8DgjG.png

i0DBoXX.png

Honestly, I have no idea how I triggered it. There are obviously two circled paths the dogs could have run to and probably would have mauled my barbarians if they had, but they decided to just stay there. The better part is that I had 48 archers, so I kept attacking the, although the process was just slow, considering the 80% defense bonus. The dogs react to the archers not by running away or trying to get near them, but just by taking it all in. Perhaps they thought the armor was think enough to protect them?

DeletedUser58

I think this is the same as the issue reported in THIS thread, Surge? The dogs can move just 6 hexes and in your case they need 7 to reach your enemy so they sort of just sit there.

DeletedUser506

Ah, I see. My bad, should have searched the forum first.

Wait, so by that logic, wouldn't the first turn be a bummer? No one can reach each other, so they just stand there in turn one?

DeletedUser58

From what I've noticed it is a bit weird, it only happens when there's an obstacle in front of the unit (it doesn't have to be an encircled one as is the case with your screenshot, to me it happens more often with the straight-line ones) and it's as if the unit wants to "keep going forward" but it can't and it can't reach my units in a single turn so it just sits there looking pretty. *shrugs* It's only what I've noticed, I'll let someone else crack the case and figure out what the issue is. :D

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Hi both :)

This does indeed look to be the same issue as reported in the thread ThePhantom linked to. As this is a duplicate, I'll close this thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.