• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Elvenar Positions

DeletedUser231

I have played many of Innogames other products. In fact all of them, some remain open and some have been shut down. In all that time I have applied many times for a position as a moderator. I put alot of thought into my application and in all times I have heard nothing. I have lost count the number of times I have applied in the past.

So I remain very confused. I see that INNOGAMES wants MODS WHO WORK FOR FREE but yet when I attempt to apply I never hear back as to the results of my application. Quite obviously they are not interested in me. I consider myself to be even tempered, intelligent and a reasonable calm individual.

I have MODDED in other games and my applications have always been received quite well.

Yet I see INNOGAMES constantly looking for players to fill positions...Are your MOD standards that high?

It would be nice to hear back and see what I am missing from my application.

I was going to fill out another....but after being turned down SO MANY times it is very frustrating.

DeletedUser

Actually Innogames searching a lot of new employees without paying. I heard it too, that Innogames often don`t get a timely responce, but I never saw this formula. So it is now easier for the headhunter to give a fast responce.

I am playing innogames games since 2008. Often I heard crazy things about the application prozess. But for you, I hope that inngames learnd from the past. :)
I personally like to searching bugs, but my written english is not good enough.

DeletedUser

Your English is more than sufficient to be a bug searcher, and you seem to know alot about computers, designing, etc.

DeletedUser

Since this has something to do with Elvenar, i think this belongs in the general discussion segment.

DeletedUser231

Sorry was not too sure where to put this topic. So thought the lounge was appropriate. We can have a Nice hot cup of coffee or tea and discuss this is a relaxed atmosphere.

In the past I have tried putting in an MOD application to:

Tribal Wars One and TWO
Grepolis
Forge of Empires
The West
Kartuga
Lagoonia

At last count I must have put in a dozen applications. All for a Non-paying position. I have never worked so hard to apply for something that pays absolutely nothing. The only reward is benefiting INNOGAMES. Otherwise they would actually need to pay someone a salary if free working personnel was not available. I must be very stupid for my applications either getting ignored or not quantifiable.

What is rather irritating is the fact no one contacts a person to tell them why they did not chose someone. If it is a simple matter of a answering a question...Every application I have placed has been ignored as far as I am concerned...They do not get in touch with anyone who failed to tell them WHY their application failed....

DeletedUser

I do think everyone who applies for a position should receive an answer. It could be they had so many people to choose from, you didn't make the cut. You could still apply for a position, who knows, maybe you'll make it this time.

DeletedUser

I can understand Innogames. They want workers for free, ... but why not. :) If I own a company and there are employees who want works for me without paying... I never say no :D

The actually application page is new. So I think that Innogames learnd something from the past. The problem with the bad responce is not unknown, a lot of old applicants had the same problem. But If you want the job, write one more thing. You can`t lose.

Are you a well known player and they don`t want you... you don´t have a chance. In this case it make no sence to write something, because this is a private problem or dislike. You can only accept this.
I personally don`t like to loose my independence in time management and freedom of opinion, so I will never write a application in this case. I am not a completely unknown player and I know of the point with the personally thing. Is your nose are known, this can be good or bad.

My intension is to give innogames a new chance, because this game is not a another game. This is Elvenar with new staff and new people. At the moment I like it very well and don`t want to talk to much about negativ things. So I blocked one player, but this is another story :eek:

So I wish you good luck...

DeletedUser231

@ denali....Well said. Points to think about. Your English is good. Probably much much better than if I spoke or write your native tongue...lol

DeletedUser231

I do think everyone who applies for a position should receive an answer. It could be they had so many people to choose from, you didn't make the cut. You could still apply for a position, who knows, maybe you'll make it this time.

You know the old saying...

Once bitten twice shy...Well tried too many times in the past. I just wanted to bring it to the attention of Innogames and management that they should review there policy of not informing someone if they go to the effort of applying. I can see if someone makes such a HORRIBLE BRAIN DEAD application that is should be obvious. But if the applicant is partially qualified then they deserve even a basic response....It is fair and especially applying for a position that gains the player absolutely nothing in return....

DeletedUser58

When you verify the email for your application you receive a link at which you can review the status of your application. Simply visiting that page from time to time should tell you if you've been accepted or not. I agree that maybe receiving an email whenever the status of the application is changed (say from open to rejected) you should receive an email. If they did like your application you would be contacted for further info, I believe.

While I agree that getting a response as to why an application wasn't accepted, I can also see why they wouldn't send those out. They likely select the best applications (even though it's on a volunteer base they still can't just accept as many people as they want, they need an ideal team and not hundred of folks with little to nothing to do, that would be extra weight on the management front) and if they get too many applications then replying is time consuming while in most case it won't even provide any constructive feedback for the player. If they tell me that I wasn't selected because they thought someone else would do better, it's not telling me I can improve on any front. It's not any better than just an email that says the status of the application was changed from open to rejected.

DeletedUser

Your English is good. Probably much much better than if I spoke or write your native tongue...lol

But innogames like to have people with nearly native skills. In the SLP-certificate you need to get this level 3. To get this you need one year full time english on a special school. The most of us can only understand level 1 or 2 because this is the oxford english. Level 3 is very different. You use there the common native english, like a BBC moderator and this have only a litte to do with the oxford english.

DeletedUser

Level 3 is what you get from watching movies and tv shows with subtitles ;)

DeletedUser231

What I do not understand is why players are willing to work for free?

I can understand working for free for a charity. But working for a profit based company that has employees who are paid, a board of directors who are paid an executive who are paid, managers who are paid. But yet when they ask for Volunteers to work for this game, they pay absolutely nothing. Now that is weird. Then on top of all that they expect a lengthy application to be completed and if they that is not enough they fail to explain why they failed for a FREE-based position.

DeletedUser58

If you already love the game, it's a chance to help out further. It's not a charity but you're still helping other players and you're indirectly helping to improve the game (which you already like). Basically you can do a good portion of it just by providing guides, tips, and answering questions, but with a position since you'll have additional rights you'll be doing more of that and helping the community grow.

I guess someone might just have extra they wish to spend productively (even though it's not for money), different people could have different reasons to join a moderating team. But in my opinion most people just like helping out or being more involved with the game.

DeletedUser231

I do not need rights to help others. I have applied far too often and been turned down too often to try again. I already help this game, I buy Diamonds. How much more involved can a player be than getting financially involved? MODS have a very difficult time, players yell and insult them. Been there and been in that position too many times. Used to Moderate in game chat. I have never seen a group of humans be so rude, and insulting to others. Glad I am an Elf...:p

DeletedUser

Money has never been a reason for me to help other people. I like this game, and i like to help people, so i've applied for a position, simply cause i'd like to be part of a team and help people find their way in the game.

DeletedUser

What I do not understand is why players are willing to work for free?

I can understand working for free for a charity. But working for a profit based company that has employees who are paid, a board of directors who are paid an executive who are paid, managers who are paid. But yet when they ask for Volunteers to work for this game, they pay absolutely nothing. Now that is weird. Then on top of all that they expect a lengthy application to be completed and if they that is not enough they fail to explain why they failed for a FREE-based position.

In the most of the case when you work as a volunteer in games (browser or client), the community manager give you a reward for your help, in the most of the cases it is going to be premium coins.
So I think when you are a volunteer ,you work because:
1) your personal growing and
2) get a reward that depends of the community manager.

So the conclusion, you don't work for obtain nothing.

DeletedUser231

okey dokey, if you says so....:)

In my experience all I got was abuse from players, being yelled at by players when I had to ban them for being naughty. and endlessly looking at tons of player reporting other players for minor infractions. A lot of players used the reporting process as a means to get other players banned. So say what you like about this MOD business but it can not be rewarding....it is a royal pain in the butt. I have talked to many MODS in other games, even mods in Innogames and they worked very hard and EVERY day. It got especially difficult when new worlds opened up. An hour a day was a gross under statement. Many were MODDING a ton of hours every day to keep up with the back log of players reporting others.

Last edited by a moderator:
If moderators wish to devote more than the one hour per day asked of them to their tasks, that is their choice. Should they feel like they have to, because otherwise the work doesn't get done, that means the team is not big enough to handle the issues at hand. If modding is not rewarding, it's either not the right thing for you, or you're not doing it right. But, that is just my opinion on the matter. ;)

DeletedUser231

It can certainly burn alot of Moderators out. I constantly see requests for MODS in almost all of INNOGAMES. They go through alot of them. And it is almost impossible to handle the daily tasks so quickly as to do justice to some of the complaints they receive on a daily basis. To rush a judgement against someone is an injustice. As a world gets busier and busier it takes a lot more than an Hour a day. If a person volunteers for a position and it takes longer it is a OBLIGATION to do it properly. And if their isn't enough MODS then it falls to them to do what is necessary.

I have a lot of respect for MODS. Besides this is just a general conversation anyway. Hence why it is in the lounge section....:)

I have seen a lot of different types of MODS. There was even a bunch of them that got banned from Tribal wars for massively cheating, but that is rare and a very long time ago, thankfully. Some MODS are so so serious in the pursuit of their duties that they utterly ruin a Forum with their strictness. When I see a strict mod, I leave the forum. A forum should be a relaxed confortable place. Rules are meant to be obeyed but it is in the interpretation of them that sometimes gets in the way.

But, that is just my opinion on the matter.;).....:p