• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Elvenar approaching great times?

DeletedUser

A summary:
  • The combat system doesn't work (see corresponding thread) and the 'neighbor system' fails heavy (see the corresponding thousand threads)
  • A 'friend system' or 'guild system', which could give you more possibilities to gain/buy goods by other ways or channels, are apparently not being considered.
  • Also it is apparently not being considered to install a 'PvP system' or to install any system which isn't 'player vs server' - so 'playing better/worse' (in the broadest sense of the words meaning) in this context never will be available (some like it hot, other less ...)
  • Other possibilities to win/gain diamonds, than by 'Father's Credit Card' are so apparently not thought anyway. - Players without diamonds enjoy the feature that the have 5, 6 or eight (like me) 'Premium Expansions' in their build-menu, placing them the first one costs 450 diamonds (don't know if price rises up with the next ones...). My city has now 625 fields, if I could place the 8 'Premium Expansions' there would be 825 fields. (Playing without diamonds, I personally don't miss these 'Premium Expansions', because having only 2 builders, I'm working on it, but never reaching it, to have all buildings at an unsurpassable level: research is 'faster' than your 'upgrading' - new available buildings levels arrive earlier before you can finish the existing ones on all buildings ...)
  • The only way to process is declining all side-quests with exception of this one which gives every 3/4 hour 75.000 coins, buying with this coins goods at the 'Whole-Saler' (normally neighbors offering quantities don't exist) and to upgrade your buildings or to do research with the bought goods ...
It's all fair, justified, and ok so, but the questions are:
  • Is this the right direction in which Elvenar should go?
  • Are you already bored a little bit?
  • Are you already searching for another browser-game ? - there are some out since a lot of time, with nearly exactly the same lame features as Elvenar.
After already some months with a few cosmetic updates, it seems the breathing air is gone somehow and the power seems to be consumed - moreover also sent out millions Beta keys cannot hide that the game i my opinion more and more falters and not necessarily is approaching great times.

From some (paid?) guys here I know already their opinion, but as we're are now more than 17000 players, may be the one or other wants to tell us his/her 'point of view'.

So what do YOU mean?

DeletedUser

I'll give my point of view.

The game started a little over a month ago, and people should not expect any new features at this time for the simple reason that bugs need to be fixed first. It's a closed beta, so please explain to me which part of that you don't understand. They can't release a bug infested game with cool features out in the open, as it would damage the good name of Innogames. Quality comes first. I'm not a diamond player either, but i have no problem advancing in the game, nor do i have a problem with trading, even though i have the same inactive neighbourhood as anybody else. Improvise a little. Nobody has said anything about PvP or guild systems not being added in the future, it is still unknown at this point.

What do i expect? I expect a game with as few bugs as possible, that's why we're all here playing this beta. When the devs think the game is of a certain quality, new things will come, patience is a virtue my friend.

ThaMartin

I think you're making some strange statements here Extranjero...

• A 'friend system' or 'guild system', which could give you more possibilities to gain/buy goods by other ways or channels, are apparently not being considered

As there are These and These topics about this, there's obviously still room to eleborate on this. It is your own conclusion that these ideas are not being considered. As long as they aren't rejected by the staff, they keep being a possibility. And to be honest: I don't believe that you believe there will never be something like a "friend" system yourself. ;)

• Also it is apparently not being considered to install a 'PvP system' or to install any system which isn't 'player vs server' - so 'playing better/worse' (in the broadest sense of the words meaning) in this context never will be available (some like it hot, other less ...)

As you can read in This topic, Lauwi states the following:

I've forwarded the idea of the PvP Arena (and all of the suggested rewards). Thanks again for everyone's input.

How can you state that something wouldn't be considered if it's already affirmed that it's forwarded to the developers? :S

• The only way to process is declining all side-quests with exception of this one which gives every 3/4 hour 75.000 coins, buying with this coins goods at the 'Whole-Saler' (normally neighbors offering quantities don't exist) and to upgrade your buildings or to do research with the bought goods ...

Might this "only way" be the consequence of your play style with you wish to be "self sufficient" ? It's your own choice to trade everything through the Wholesaler. True, trading isn't perfect yet (therefore it's a Beta, so these problems can be tackled). Should a friend/guild system be implemented, this would be able to solve a lot of these issues as well, but as stated earlier by diverse Staff members: First priority for now is on bug fixing, implementing new features will come later (and I think I recall Muf-Muf saying somewhere that big new implementations will probably not come until the first Open Beta servers are available).

After already some months with a few cosmetic updates

Months? About 1,5 yes, don't exaggerate :p

also sent out millions Beta keys

Millions, yes? :S

Ideas & Suggestions on improvements are being received, but I've got the feeling that this topic isn't really about that. Just another one to stir things up with negativity :(

Last edited:

DeletedUser126

There are some things I agree with you there, especially the combat system feels randomly inconsistent, and just not very fun in the end. Details are in appropriate topic.

The Alliance (guild) system is already being worked on and confirmed. No idea about friend system, but considering how FoE worked its not out of the question.

In any case check out this topic its some idea i came up today with and I want opinions and support for it :)

http://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/flexible-culture-buildings-skin-system.1192/

DeletedUser118

Comming up with new ideas always takes time. We should not expect too much of a game like this with it still being in beta status. That's just the way I see it. Features will come and go, bugs will come and go. That's the way it is. A little patience here and there won't kill anybody and it would make playing alot less stressy too.

DeletedUser119

Other possibilities to win/gain diamonds, than by 'Father's Credit Card' are so apparently not thought anyway.
There're already another way to gain diamonds :

Sure you won't be able to gain thousand of diamond in 5 minutes, but it's still a way to have some free diamonds.
I've already win a little more than 600 diamonds so far.

I personally don't miss these 'Premium Expansions', because having only 2 builders, I'm working on it, but never reaching it, to have all buildings at an unsurpassable level: research is 'faster' than your 'upgrading' - new available buildings levels arrive earlier before you can finish the existing ones on all buildings ...)
It's the opposite for me. Until I've bought my first prenium expension (last week), it happened to me 2 times already to have nothing to upgrade in my city during more than a day.
Maybe it's just because of our different way to play.

The only way to process is declining all side-quests with exception of this one which gives every 3/4 hour 75.000 coins

Decline side-quest is just a way to gain easily more coins/supplies, but you still can play without doing that.
You've created the topic on "Side-quest" in Ideas and Suggestions only this sunday. The people participating in this topic aren't even agree among themselves on how they'd like to change it, and you already expect developers to do something about that?

DeletedUser119

"Earn your diamonds" don't appear in some language.
Try to change it

Marindor

This indeed depends on the various markets. In some countries this option will be available and in some countries it will not (yet). :)

DeletedUser205

• Are you already bored a little bit?
  • Are you already searching for another browser-game ? - there are some out since a lot of time, with nearly exactly the same lame features as Elvenar.

1.) Not more than in every other longtime-game. For my taste the waitingtimes are to long (but I think, that is more a question of finding the best game-genre for your taste).
2.) No, I'm not searching for another browser-game today (I will do this probably days/week ahead, when nothing more is moving in the gamemechanic)

Yes, there are some features which need further polishing or even a new overthinking -
that is, what I expect from a closed-beta. Isn't it part of the fun to watch the development?
And no, I'm not "paid" for my opinions ;)

Decline side-quests is for me a possibility to match side-quest to your personally way to play.
First is to get the courage to decline quests, next is that you see, they have sort of a rotating system. Third is to choose the best side-quest for the day ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Oh, I didn't see it. It's cute to get some FREE diamonds.
The only thing one has to do, is invest 40 US-$ in an Online Poker Game, and with this can you participate on a lottery where you can win some diamonds.
The only problem I see , that in some countries due exchange restrictions paying with foreign money/in foreign currencies is not possible.
Another possibility to get 'free' diamonds, is to apply for participate in a survey for 'men between 13 and 19 years old'. I think some of us could get in trouble trying to fit in this conditions.

DeletedUser

I have registered yesterday an the first steps making fun, but i was scared as i see i must pay for more than two builders or give it more builders or free diamonds later in the game? I thought in a closed beta game, the players must be testing the game and it gives the luxus ressource for free for the game testers^^ I haven´t see an game that i must pay in a closed beta phase. I think 2 builders for free are to little. Its should be a chance to earn diamonds in the game, for example with main hall lv 5 and deafeating 50 provinces in a fight without lose or scouting 50 provinces.

Sry for my english i hope you understand^^

Greatings
Final

DeletedUser

Innogames have 4 active browsergames, 4 are killed and 2 are in a beta status. So the chance is only 50%. It is a high risk to spend money in this game, but I personally think this games goes his way.

Maybe Denali is right.

DeletedUser

I have registered yesterday an the first steps making fun, but i was scared as i see i must pay for more than two builders or give it more builders or free diamonds later in the game? I thought in a closed beta game, the players must be testing the game and it gives the luxus ressource for free for the game testers^^ I haven´t see an game that i must pay in a closed beta phase. I think 2 builders for free are to little. Its should be a chance to earn diamonds in the game, for example with main hall lv 5 and deafeating 50 provinces in a fight without lose or scouting 50 provinces.

Greatings
Final

I've never played a game in closed beta phase where they handed out free premium, and that's how it should be. They can't give free diamonds to 17k people, and since this server will continue to exist, even after the game is released, there is no need to give them for free.

DeletedUser118

You still need the feedback of none premium players too, cuz that will be the majority of players in the future.

DeletedUser

I've never played a game in closed beta phase where they handed out free premium, and that's how it should be. They can't give free diamonds to 17k people, and since this server will continue to exist, even after the game is released, there is no need to give them for free.
I think its an test server? Normally i think an test server can be wiped? For an good test for the game i think the tester must be testing all properties of the game. When the game will be released Inno Games have not a test server for the game? In my opinion i think they can give all players diamonds for testing. And when the game goes in the open beta phase, they can wiped the accounts and then they can demand diamonds from the players.

I know for this game its too late, because i think some of the players have bought diamonds.

But i´am new here, i can write about experience in other games only. :)

And for the free diamond option. When i clicked on an link the sites are white.

DeletedUser

Inno has already said that a wipe will not be happening (going off memory, I dont have the thread) - I'm sure Khebeln will go postal if it does happen... This is different from other beta-server games by Inno - such as TW, Grepolis, or TW2 since it seems pretty obvious that your city cannot be "lost" and remaining competitive doesn't require server wipes. They can simply open a new world (Beta2 assumedly) if they want a fresh perspective on startup features. But I dont see this happening on Beta1.

Furthermore, free premium for all Beta players is not going to happen. That's borderline ridiculous. We are all contributing to the game. Say what you want about Inno, but its a company and companies make money - there is no reason premium should be offered for free on Beta and furthermore, offering the diamonds for free could actually corrupt any real "testing" since players on actual servers wouldn't spend that much.

DeletedUser

If everyone gets free diamonds, that would be the same as... no one getting them. Even playing field. Not going to happen.

DeletedUser

Greatings
Final

There will b e no wipe when the game goes live, so they dont give out free diamonds. Ive accually never seen a game that gave free rl currency items in closed or open beta unless they planed to wipe (restart everyone from scratch) They have ways in FoE to get free diamonds so later on as this game developes i wouldn't be suprised if you see a few also here.