• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Elve Units

DeletedUser580

Hey guys. I just unlocked the golems and I have to say I really start to dislike the elve units.

The t1 units are good on both side and similiar. But then there are the t3 and t4 units. The Ents t3 are heavy melee like the paladins in t4. Paladins are stronger then ents as they have better stats and a higher tier. But let us have a look on the other two units.

The cerberus can walk a huge range ... which is, to be honest, super powerful. In comparison we have the golem. Marked as LONG RANGED. The golem only can shoot 3 ... like the archers .... so I have two ranged units which can block each other and standing behind the blocker ents. But there is NO strategic deepth in this. The cerberus are much more important and give you much more tactical opportunities. You can easily take out the ranged units ... if I reach the ranged units on an open field, I already lost 1,5 squads of my sword dancers.

If you call a golem long ranged, then give him long ranged. But right now its just a weaker archer with more HP ... As you can take much less golems in one squad, the archers do much more dmg. They have much more health ... but they are ranged. They are not supposed to take any dmg ...

DeletedUser

Golems aren't long ranged, they're heavy ranged. Paladins aren't stronger than ents, their HP is lower and their damage output is alot lower than the damage output of an ent. Paladins however can hit from behind an obstacle where some enemies can't reach them. They have no defense bonus where ents have a defense bonus against light melee, making them vey powerful against thiefs and wardogs for example. Cerberus may be able to run 6 hexes, their damage output is very low, making them useless against anything other than archers. They hardly do any damage to heavy melee. Fighting in general is very hard, too hard in my opinion, no matter what units you bring to the battlefield. I have to fight ent II and they are almost impossible to defeat, forcing me to negotiate all encounters with ent II. As a human i can guarantee you that we do not have it easier than elves, my barbarians are slaughtered, my archers being one shot by golem II, my paladins being whiped out by ent II, my cerberus stands no chance against those ents either, and my priests can only increase the incoming damage on the enemy, but it's not enough to beat a squad of 24 ent II's or golem II's

DeletedUser580

Hm ok. But why they dont give us some more variety? And I know that the golems are heavy ranged but they are marked as long ranged. I was expecting something like these über mortar.

DeletedUser

That would have been nice, having golems with the range of a mortar, but the elvish sorceress has a decent range, and pretty nice stats. My priests have the range of a mortar, but they don't do alot of damage, they are useful as a support unit though.

DeletedUser778

If the wiki is correct a squad Pala II has over 50% more health than a squad Ent II (due to the heavy weight of 12 vs 6). Even a squad Pala I has more HP then a squad Ent II.
With dmg bonuses calculated in Ent II have 34% more dmg against light melee then Pala II.

wlYjbNeFcikY.jpg

I think in the next days i include all bonusses and stuff and post it seperatly

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser594

There seem to be a lot of improvement to be done! It's not bad at the start of the game,
but becomes impossible as one levels!The Ent can do 2 steps, take a lot of hits but is
totally useless as it never gets close enough to do any hits! The auto doesn't work all that
well either....

DeletedUser580

Some battles are impossible but have extremly high costs in negotiating. Its ok that its not that easy but the difficulty is really high. And I have played FoE over 2 years and lots of other games. :(

DeletedUser

Golems aren't long ranged, they're heavy ranged. Paladins aren't stronger than ents, their HP is lower and their damage output is alot lower than the damage output of an ent. Paladins however can hit from behind an obstacle where some enemies can't reach them. They have no defense bonus where ents have a defense bonus against light melee, making them vey powerful against thiefs and wardogs for example. Cerberus may be able to run 6 hexes, their damage output is very low, making them useless against anything other than archers. They hardly do any damage to heavy melee. Fighting in general is very hard, too hard in my opinion, no matter what units you bring to the battlefield. I have to fight ent II and they are almost impossible to defeat, forcing me to negotiate all encounters with ent II. As a human i can guarantee you that we do not have it easier than elves, my barbarians are slaughtered, my archers being one shot by golem II, my paladins being whiped out by ent II, my cerberus stands no chance against those ents either, and my priests can only increase the incoming damage on the enemy, but it's not enough to beat a squad of 24 ent II's or golem II's
I have had enough times that Cerberus did the killing bow to light infantry. But humans aren't as strong as we would like to appear. Level 2 dogs are crazy killing my normal guys in large amounts. I would love better units and especially more variety, different skins and banners would be cool too . A variety of the city, Goodgame empire did one good thing and that was banners. If I am allowed to have banners in my city and my army that would already be a huge step to personalization.

DeletedUser58

Golems are great versus Mortars, Necromancers, etc. Units which would usually give your 'Archers' trouble. They have a few benefits as units:
1 - They have a lot of health (as Nosferatu said they're more of a heavy range unit, they're had to take out)
2 - They can do a lot of damage (or very little, it's more or less based on luck but so it is with a lot of other units)
3 - They have a very low initiative (which means that the enemy will prioritize hitting your Sword Dancers, Archers, AND Ents first)

So unlike archers, these units can take a hit, they work against units that Archers are weak for, and you can use all other units to soak in the damage, including Ents (which is not possible if you were using Archers). They're not great in the sense of "I'll just take these units and replace my Archers with them" but so far I've found out no unit is that good. I think that's very important to point out, despite units appearing to be from "higher tiers" it doesn't mean they replace previous units, they're just an addition to your arsenal. Elvenar uses all units, it's up to you to utilize them in the right way. You may end up using some units more than others, but that's mostly due to terrain and personal preference (you've gotten used to the strategies with those units).

DeletedUser651

Fighting in general is very hard, too hard in my opinion, no matter what units you bring to the battlefield.

I have to agree. It is so hard it isn't fun at all. I have spent the last 3 days slowly, oh so insanely slowly building up my battle units while I find another online game to play. I come back and reset and get the guys trained again and wait and wait and wait. And then....I finally was able to have a battle. In one swipe, 3 hours worth of training was gone. Then another swipe, and another 3 hours poof! I lost the battle and lost 12 hours of training. I tried one more battle and I lost the rest of my troops. 3 days of building up troops and in 5 minutes it is all gone.

I am not having fun.

Rather than the battles getting easier, I think it would just be great if the training time was shorter. About half as short. I don't mind losing battles so much if it doesn't take me a day and a half to build up the armies.

Last edited by a moderator: