• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

New Game Features Docks and Strongholds

DeletedUser338

Hello everybody! It's been a while, but here I am with another great and amazing idea! :D

Let me start by introducing to you; The Docks!
pdWYJZ2.png

As you can see in this amazing picture that could rival a Van Gogh, I put some water north of the city to make space for docks. "But Jirre", you might ask, "what use are docks?" Well, fear not my friend, I will explain this right here. Docks allow you to have ships. And ships allow you to sail! Sail to where? Well, that is for later.
First; the docks would work a bit like the Ancient Wonders. You can upgrade them by investing KP, goods and relics, reducing the time it takes until your ship can once again set sail.

Now, where would a ship go?
AXdwP4i.png

Ohboy, look at that! It's an island! But wait, a castle? Someone is defending the island! A whole lot of Orcs and Trolls! And they're ugly as hell! No wonder they're pissed.
Unfortunately you won't get past them by offering them skin cream for their warts, so you'll have to fight. But a stronghold like this can't be taken with a single fight. You'll have to fight several times before you're completely done with a stronghold. Let's see what we're up against, shall we?

First; The Walls.
oCMgqRe.png

Now, these Trolls and Orcs might be ugly, but they're not stupid. They'll hide behind a big wall, using mainly ranged troops to kill your army. Luckily that wall isn't perfect, you can still walk around it, or break it by attacking it. If you take too long, however... Well, then your troops will die from an overdose of arrows.

Second; The Courtyard.
No pic here. The Courtyard can look like anything. It's usually empty, but unfortunately Trolls and Orcs aren't very environmentally-friendly, so after years of littering there might be a lot of stuff lying around. If only they'd clean up.

Third; The Hallways.
LII5lkn.png

Once you've fought your way through the Courtyard, you can finally get inside. Trolls and Orcs are still trying to stop you, though. You'll have to fight through some narrow Hallways that are being blocked by some big, nasty, angry Trolls. And they're not alone. Behind them you'll find some swift Orc ranged attackers shooting down your troops. It's up to you to find a way through. Will you take down one troll and try to get the ranged attackers as fast as possible, or will you send your tanky Paladins/Treants with ranged back-up to break through with pure force?

Last but not least; The Throne Room.
VdONtJC.png

You thought we were done? Oh no. We're only getting started. Waiting for you in the Throne Room is the biggest, baddest, strongest, ugliest Troll you've ever seen. Taking down this guy is a real challenge. He hits hard and can take a lot of damage too. Luckily there's only one of him.
How you take him down is entirely up to you. You can try brute force or try to run around the pillars (although he might destroy those if he can't hit you for several turns), but you'll need a good strategy before even thinking about this battle.

"Jirre, this sounds quite difficult. Is there a way to make this a bit easier?"

I'm glad you asked! Yes, there is. Once you build the docks, not only will you get a ship, but you'll also get a captain. This captain serves as a leader for your troops. And although you won't see him in battle, he'll be quite helpful by buffing your troop's offensive and defensive power.
Ih9KU5S.png

Your leader will gain xp for every battle you win. When he levels up, his passive bonus will go up. Not only that, you can give your leader some very nice armor that will also boost your troop's strength. And who knows, perhaps when you have a complete set of a certain armor, your troops will be able to walk one spot further every turn, or your ranged troops might get more range!

Now, the one thing we all want to know; Why are we doing this? What's in it for us?
Well, don't worry. You won't walk away empty handed. You'll be able to get;
-Tokens for troops (some of those trolls were VERY impressed by your fighting. They'd like to fight for you sometime)
-Metals needed for crafting certain sets of armor (the most basic sets won't need any, but the better ones will need a lot of special metals)
-Gems (they can be exchanged for goods, relics or other stuff at your trader. What you can get depends on the amount and kind of gems)
-Scrolls (not the good). Okay, this one is a bit bigger. Scrolls contain information that has long been forgotten by your people. Luckily, those Trolls didn't burn everything down, so there's a chance to find some very interesting scrolls after winning a stronghold battle.
Some examples;
-Smithy Scroll; This scroll lets you build the Smithy. In the Smithy you can (surprise surprise) smith armor. Every upgrade of the Smithy will require another Smithy Scroll, but in return you'll be able to smith armor a lot faster.
-Armor Scroll; Unfortunately for us, we've kind of forgotten how to smith good armor. So before you can actually start smithing, you'll have to find the right scroll. Some Armor Scrolls are very rare, but can make great armor. You'll have to keep trying and hope you'll get lucky.
-Docks Scroll; Once your docks are at level 3, you'll need scrolls to upgrade them. Why? Because I say so. Also, your people aren't very good at remembering or inventing stuff.
-Knowledge Scroll; My favorite one!
ZXUSjau.png

The Knowledge Scroll lets you build the amazing Statue of Lord Jirre. The Statue of Lord Jirre is a culture building that can only be build once, can be upgraded and does not only give culture, but also reduces troop training times! With every Knowledge Scroll your people will learn more about the amazing Lord Jirre, thereby increasing the culture the Statue gives and reducing troop training time (because who doesn't want to be the next Lord Jirre? Go sign up at your local Barracks now!)

Some last boring info;
You can only take a limited amount of troops on your ship. The amount increases when you upgrade the docks (your troop size in battle is still the same as in provinces). After every battle in a stronghold, you can decide to fight on or go back. If you decide to go back (probably because you no longer have enough troops), you'll have to wait until you ship is ready again to go back to the stronghold. The stronghold resets daily, so if you go back after every battle you will most likely not be able to reach the Throne Room.
Although you can get rewards after every battle, the more difficult battles are more likely to give a (good) reward.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

DeletedUser

Love it! Inno will have to implement something along these lines, right? Once our existing grid is maxxed, we'll need another screen - unless they focus on making massive upgrades into the existing city by making everything smaller...

Ten gets ya fifty, your suggestions would be more fun?

Some of us (I forget where) discussed a trade route concept: using a world map where we can expand along three different trade routes: Spice, and two others.

DeletedUser1278

The idea is cool finisht a bag of chipps during the reading
But as we take a look at our island.
We have 4 ways to get away from our island
1 stairs into the mountains then the forest
2 the water like your presantation so maybe lets start there
3 the bridge going other side
4 the road down to the valley
So the planning is allready there to go bigger only time will tell what path comes first

Thing i miss in your explanation it the amount off troops we can take is there a limitt .
Maybe a better suggestion a barrack what you can take to the island and build a army there
and defence and all you have is a day or week to build it .
the recruting times will be much less then normal but price the same so you need a lot of tools

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1556

Well, a statue of LJ and the idea of saving up on moisterizers really appeal to me :D

All joking put aside (and as long as LJ is NOT in charge of the designs :p), sounds like an interesting idea to spice up a game which badly needs new features to keep players interested!

DeletedUser338

the recruting times will be much less then normal but price the same so you need a lot of tools
Not a bad idea, but then it might be too easy to get through the entire thing at once. My plan was to slow it down a little by forcing you to go back to your city (at first after almost every battle, but once you gain a few levels/armor items you'd have to go back less often)

DeletedUser1278

Hope the do something soon with your idea or something like it.
because i see many players leave the game because there is only collecting goods .
and collect more and more. the new idea about tournament its only a way of spending it you get kp some extra
Many players dont need that allready finisht with the tree so kp are useless again . only once every three weeks you get your bonus goods others are a waist of supply,s.
You really need a very very very good city with strong players around you to make it to chapter 6 and get out of bed 2 times in night for it.
for me wait for marble cristal or elixer others i dont even play at
and more and more people wil not like to do it..

So letts build a dock and go across the lake and conqeur a land wich make your army stronger .
Your attacking army first like Lord jirre explaned and when your strong enough . in each ccastle a little bonus for your own army.
lets say every castle 0.5 % on golem or treant this is a way better idea then the tournaments