• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Release Notes version 1.18

DeletedUser651

In the old days you never saw players who said they quit just because of the battle system. Now I see it all the time. I sure haven't seen any that walked in saying...omg...the battle system....best thing I have ever seen (as long as I am in the Goldilocks zone), and I simply adore this game because I get to tread a thin line and be in the Goldlilocks zone so I can win a battle occasionally. Is it just me? Is anyone else seeing more people than fewer who are happy?

Net reaction: are we really gaining more players than we are losing because of this battle system?

When they brought in this system, a lot of people complained, but of course we don't have access to player records, so we can't really see how many people are regularly battling. @Marindor, can the devs see how many players are battling now as opposed to before? Can they see how many players are quitting after trying battles? Is there a way to objectively test how popular this system is with current players? Maybe those of us on the forums are completely different from the majority of players who never come to the forums? Is there a way to know?

We do know for sure that you can't win a battle unless you are in the GZ. So, maybe a better question to ask is how many players are in the GZ? What percentage?

DeletedUser1681

Do I remember correctly ? There was supposed to be a battle redesign divided in three sections because the whole of it was so big. Sooo, are we there now ? All three parts have come out, only tweaking to be done ?

Dony

King of Bugs
i think they have scrapped that idea after initial feedback they got with battle redesign patch and now they are trying to push much more updates into it asap to be in a better state overall, we can expect new unit tommorow, either dryad or orc strategist and i am sure it will not be done this year, but rather early next year (finishing with battle redesign i mean)

DeletedUser1721

In the old days you never saw players who said they quit just because of the battle system. Now I see it all the time. I sure haven't seen any that walked in saying...omg...the battle system....best thing I have ever seen (as long as I am in the Goldilocks zone), and I simply adore this game because I get to tread a thin line and be in the Goldlilocks zone so I can win a battle occasionally. Is it just me? Is anyone else seeing more people than fewer who are happy?

Net reaction: are we really gaining more players than we are losing because of this battle system?

When they brought in this system, a lot of people complained, but of course we don't have access to player records, so we can't really see how many people are regularly battling. @Marindor, can the devs see how many players are battling now as opposed to before? Can they see how many players are quitting after trying battles? Is there a way to objectively test how popular this system is with current players? Maybe those of us on the forums are completely different from the majority of players who never come to the forums? Is there a way to know?

We do know for sure that you can't win a battle unless you are in the GZ. So, maybe a better question to ask is how many players are in the GZ? What percentage?
I've asked multiple friends to start playing the game, in the interest of seeing who likes the battle system and who doesn't.

These are all hardcore WoW raiders who LIKE working out how to be the best battler of all, and the ones that didn't quit said, quite forcefully, that they were determined to only negotiate after experimenting with the battle system. The steinlings in the first ring of provinces when they had no troops to counter them were incredibly offputting.

DeletedUser651

we can expect new unit tommorow, either dryad or orc strategist and i am sure it will not be done this year, but rather early next year (finishing with battle redesign i mean)

If they don't get rid of the goldilocks zone none of this will matter. Being able to have your choice of 15 different troops that can't win a battle isn't any more fun.

Dony

King of Bugs
If they don't get rid of the goldilocks zone none of this will matter. Being able to have your choice of 15 different troops that can't win a battle isn't any more fun.
i have no problem with that and having more options will solve this problem if people like it or not
i didnt saw a single screenshot of battle you couldnt won

DeletedUser651

Dony, are you aware of what the Goldilocks zone is? It is the line in the sand where players are told they have zero chance of winning a battle because they are "too far ahead". And of course there is a number of provinces you must clear or you can't progress in the tree. Somewhere between those two numbers is a zone where battles are possible. Many players are way way way past this zone and may not ever win another battle on the world map. I didn't post any pictures from a world map battle. All I posted are some silly little tournaments that should be doable with your eyes closed.

This is an example of a battle that cannot be won:

upload_2016-11-22_14-55-28.png

I gave up on scouting provinces I need to to get to trading partners because I am not supposed to any more or I will never be able to win a world map battle again. You should see what THOSE fights look like.

Dony

King of Bugs
that fight is not so bad i expect you can win it around february - march next year which is not so far from now, in fact its already half the time passed from anouncement of stopping scouting

DeletedUser651

If you just want to be a contrarian, then I don't know what to tell you. March next year? Are you joking? Who the hell wants to play a game they can't play for months? And this fight?

upload_2016-11-22_15-19-28.png

What is your advice there? Just wait a year?

My point is that telling people they can't play this game unless they play some exact tiny way is bad for retaining customers. You seem to think that players won't mind facing brick walls. We disagree.

(Those screen shots are from my cities on two different servers.)

Dony

King of Bugs
its their game, their rules, if you dont like how they pace their content, then its not right game for you, they wont change that

DeletedUser1721

That might be true, but as people who play this game, the devs want our feedback.

I've said this before, I am perfectly capable of designing a game called Watch Grass Grow, and releasing updates to this wonderful game in which the players' fields grow at 1/10 real time allowing players to purchase more seeds and also deal with weather related events setting back their field's progress.

No one would want to play the game, let alone pay for it, but I would be perfectly in my rights to make it.

It might be their game, but as the players who play and pay for it, our feedback matters. If it isn't "the right game" for enough people, it won't be profitable for Inno.