• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Release Notes version 1.18

Marindor

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see the release notes of our newest game version here. Today we bring you the Ancient Wonders for the Woodelves, more improvements on the unit information screens, slight tweaks on tournament difficulties and the ability to upgrade your Magic Residences and Magic Workshops!

Please let us know what you think of our new game version here!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Beta Team

Heymrdiedier

very good changes.

I kinda expected the woodelf wonder to produce treants instead of mages tho, would make more sense :)

DeletedUser651

Where is the repeating quest? Is this a bug, or was it intended? I don't have the non declinable quest line. I've restarted the game twice and still nothing.

Heymrdiedier

Im only in the dwarf chapter, but i still have mine. I suspect its a bug, maybe only for you. Contact support would be my suggestion

DeletedUser1570

Im only in the dwarf chapter, but i still have mine. I suspect its a bug, maybe only for you. Contact support would be my suggestion

The question is have you finished your current declinable quest or not? I also had mine, but once I finished it no new one appeared.

DeletedUser651

The question is have you finished your current declinable quest or not? I also had mine, but once I finished it no new one appeared.

Me too. I finished it and no new one appeared.

Heymrdiedier

i got a new one, but it was to put 20 kp in my wonder since ive just build my first wonder. So thats one that isnt in the repeatable quests thingy

DeletedUser1548

Enar's Embassy: Offers an exclusive portrait, gives Mana when starting a Scout, and produces Broken Shards on a weekly basis - the amounts depend on the level of the Ancient Wonder
Ingame description says it generates Mana when you cast a spell. @Marindor which one is correct?

I have no decline quests also. Love it. :) (no irony, seriously)

Heymrdiedier

scouting makes sense as spells would be very abusable :)
also on the wonder itself is says scout again in the effects, so only the description is wrong.

DeletedUser1627

Ok question about the new ancient wonders:
will there be a change of the wonder's design at level 6?
will there be a background for them in the city?

Heymrdiedier

Ok question about the new ancient wonders:
will there be a change of the wonder's design at level 6?
will there be a background for them in the city?
Im afraid i know the answer, and its no :) If you get a portrait for the wonder, you dont get a background and you dont get a visual change on lvl 6.
Just like it is with orc wonders. Personally i find this sad tho, i like the background in the mountain range very much

DeletedUser1677

Did you just add another unit!? (orc warrior)
Could'nt find it in any release notes, so did'nt knew where to write about it.

But really, instead of adding more units, please fix thoose we already have.
And the "battle-pentagon" seems to need an upgrade with that addition.

Anybody else than me, finding the amount of different units overwhelming?

Heymrdiedier

Did you just add another unit!? (orc warrior)
Could'nt find it in any release notes, so did'nt knew where to write about it.

But really, instead of adding more units, please fix thoose we already have.
And the "battle-pentagon" seems to need an upgrade with that addition.

Anybody else than me, finding the amount of different units overwhelming?
Yes they did add the orc warrior, and also added the ceberus 2 upgrade (and i assume the kannoneer 2 also).

You should check out the latest episode of innotv, then you will see they plan to give us 15 different units. Right now we have 10. So 5 more to go. 3 more for the training grounds and 2 more for the mercenary camp.

I kinda expected to see a blossommage upgrade in tech tree also, but that one is missing at the moment i see, that still makes the unit kinda useless.

DeletedUser1677

Yes they did add the orc warrior, and also added the ceberus 2 upgrade (and i assume the kannoneer 2 also).

You should check out the latest episode of innotv, then you will see they plan to give us 15 different units. Right now we have 10. So 5 more to go. 3 more for the training grounds and 2 more for the mercenary camp.

I kinda expected to see a blossommage upgrade in tech tree also, but that one is missing at the moment i see, that still makes the unit kinda useless.

oh my, that's gonna be confusing.

So one of each "type" in barracks, in Training grounds and in Mercenary camp.
How do I know if I should use the heavy melee from barracks, training or mercenary?
I must admit, I feel completely lost :p

Heymrdiedier

How do I know if I should use the heavy melee from barracks, training or mercenary?
I must admit, I feel completely lost :p

that is still a big question for most of us. But untill now the answer is quite simple. Use the units you have researched highes lvl of. So far our mercenary and training ground units are all only lvl 1 so they are far inferior to the lvl 3s we have from barracks.

Now in 1.18 the ceberus gets its last upgrade so now you will have to start choosing between him and your other light melee. but the difference between those units are quit clear. fast running unit vs slow running.

DeletedUser1681

• We are adding even more UI improvements to the Army Selection screens. Hovering a unit now shows you which units it's good/neutral against, making it easier to choose the right unit to get the job done
  • More tooltips have been improved to give you more information about the units' strengths
Well, I'll be... it works. I actually found it easy to figure out what units to send into the battle. Won in auto-mode, don't think the losses were too big either. I'm now under the requirement for the next chapter chest so it is ofc as it's supposed to be - winnable fight. But I'm most pleasantly surprised I could do it in auto-mode. Where's that broom, maybe it's time to sweep the dust off my barracks.