• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 0.30

DeletedUser

The Drwaven factories until now let you complete the 'gain X products' several times every 3 hours ... this side quest also disappeared.

But: no problem, I'm on the end of the investigation tree, so I could also live with quests like 'gain something and you will get nothing' ... :)

It's not casuality that even on live-servers active people get daily various offers to change to other games ... might be that the 'gaming industry' has noticed that there a lot of unsatisfied players in this game.

See example there:

http://s18.postimg.org/lgos5u8qh/publ.jpg

DeletedUser778

I really like to have all my grasslands back. The world looks much better green. :)

DeletedUser1250

- I had the issue extranjero had. I went to the trader to buy some goods and got the error: exceed resources, setting changed to low. Now I don't see the image of the wonders anymore! I can set it back to medium or high, but before this happened, I was visiting fellows and it loaded very slow! So I thought I should keep it at low, but the visiting of neighbours is still slow and then it crashed. So something seems wrong now.

- I am unhappy with the change of the collecting coins quest. It is combined now with a 3h production of supplies, but I only use that a few times a month. Else I always use the 1 h production to produce enough supplies and the 9 h for the night. So to combine that quest with 2 times the 3h is not good at all. I need the hourly production to get enough supplies.

- I am disappointed that there is still no quest with a rune shard as reward.

Edit: settings on low, refreshed the game. Visiting is SLOW!. Every city loads very slow. I don't have this on the dutch server, there it is still fast. Both have the hardware acceleration ON. It wasn't a problem on beta yesterday, it is now.
The city loads pretty fast. Then I have to return to the world map, that takes 20 seconds! And after a few cities, the shock wave crash comes.

Edit2: 5th crash so far, this time when visiting the trader

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

So something seems wrong now.

now ????

I am unhappy with the change of the collecting coins quest. It is combined now with a 3h production of supplies, but I only use that a few times a month. Else I always use the 1 h production to produce enough supplies and the 9 h for the night. So to combine that quest with 2 times the 3h is not good at all. I need the hourly production to get enough supplies.

You only have to apply a minor change to your strategy: have about 20 workshops (all at level 1, so they are cheap, don't need much people ...) not to prosuce supplies, but for having always some workshops ready to be able to complete the quest 'gain X coins'. Workshops to produce supplies are NOT needed in this game, only to for completing quests.

I am disappointed that there is still no quest with a rune shard as reward.
Please be patient, this is an 'early beta' ... :)

DeletedUser

Estranjero, I'd imagine you don't need workshops to produce supplies if you are done with the tree, but otherwise, workshops makes supplies which are essential for almost every other operation in the game, (or were you joking?)

DeletedUser31

The quest changes are part of rebalancing the system, as it was requested by many players. We're reading your feedback and we forward them to our development team so we can shape the game to most of our liking. :)

What does 'exceed resources' mean? ... the popup appears and the game restarts ...
Seems like your computer resources were exceeded in this case. The game noticed that and changed the settings to low.

It's not casuality that even on live-servers active people get daily various offers to change to other games ... might be that the 'gaming industry' has noticed that there a lot of unsatisfied players in this game.
Please note that this is prohibited on all of our servers. If you see these kind of offers, you might as well report them? ;)

Estranjero, I'd imagine you don't need workshops to produce supplies if you are done with the tree, but otherwise, workshops makes supplies which are essential for almost every other operation in the game, (or were you joking?)
After reading some of the forum, you will know which one of those is the case. ;)

DeletedUser1278

Im feeling dissapoint to that there still are no quests about the rune shard
Its feeling like let the people first finf how the can get it maybe they use many diamonds to get it and when your diamond
Pitt is full oke now we can do it no more money comes in

DeletedUser

I never had worksshops because, as I said, you really don't need them to produce supplies - visiting your neighbors (there is seriously also no need to join a fellowship), completing the 'gain X coins' quest, completing with 4 residences level 1 the 'gain 100 population' quest (and eliminate the residences recently build) - and ultimatly having 18 workshops (level 1) to complete 3 - 4 times a day the '6 advanced supplies' quest, you will 'earn' enough supplies to be able to 'feed' your factories ...

So now you only need to build 4 - 6 workshops (level 1) more to be able to complete the changed 'gain X coins' quest - that's it.

As for the vanished 'gain X products' quest, which also gave nice coins + supplies because one always bought 750 (and later 1500) products with the 'superfluous' supplies, I think we can live without it. Basically we also can live without Elvenar ... :)

DeletedUser118

The quest changes are part of rebalancing the system, as it was requested by many players. We're reading your feedback and we forward them to our development team so we can shape the game to most of our liking. :)

Please do me a favor and stop telling us that WE wanted these changes because we wanted SOME changes of the quest system, not exactly what has been done now. If you have proof that several players in here wanted changes like these, please let me know. Otherwise please don't make it look like it's our fault that YOU changed things in the game nobody really wanted to see.

Sorry if that might sound a lil harsh but this is really annoying me.

DeletedUser

The quest changes are part of rebalancing the system, as it was requested by many players.
Seriously ?? I read the forums everyday ... Haven't seen a single player requesting to balance the quests in the manner the dev's keep doing it every time ... infact I do see there are many who only complain about any changes done to those quests everytime and REQUEST to bring back whatever was there before those changes ... I am yet to see someone satisfied with the changes they have brought for these quests till now ... SO my question is who are these players who requested for these changes ?? did they send it directly to inno's office ?? or Maybe players from other servers??

By the way I really don't understand why would the dev's waste their time (which according to what we are led to believe is that they don't have much on their hands) on re-balancing these quests when there are so many gameplay issues that needs to balanced, added or changed .... Why do the dev's seem to be so obsessed with altering the quests all the time which are not in any way harming the game play?? The only thing those quests are doing is that they are helping players in a certain way .. and I think the dev's are not liking it becoz they think not many are spending money on this game bcoz of these quests are fulfilling most of the requirements ... Maybe thats why they have suddenly decided to introduce a few premium culture buildings out of the blue today expecting atleast that would make players spend their money on this game ....

Well just to remind the dev's its not Bcoz of the quests there's a reduction in the diamonds sale... Its bcoz of the gameplay that more and more players are either quitting the game or have stopped spending money on this game ... Its a fact that this was interesting when it started out ... nice graphics ...some new kind storyline ... looked like it involved a good strategy to play this game ... for some few months players were even talking about this game surpassing Inno's best game till date - FOE ...but as it went by players are actually getting bored of it .. its the same thing again and again ... There's nothing new ... WHat we did in CHapter I we are still doing it in Chapter VI ... nothing different ... Finish researches ... Fight or negotiate provinces for expansions and KPs ... oggle at the new colors, shapes and sizes of the buildings ...and ?? Thats about it ... Now they brought in the Ancient Wonders ... Everybody got excited when they heard about it the first time... At last something new is coming into the game ... But alas!!! WHat do the dev's do ?? Screw up the players royally in that too ... Those Wonders look more like Blunders for the players... Worthless Building that actually affect us more than benefitting us ... And even that was brought in with only half work done ... We are still not able to see who we have given our KPs to ... We still do not have list who have contributed to our wonders after a level's finished... We do not even know who owns a Wonder and who doesn't ... and many more issues with it still pending ...but the dev's are more interested in re-balancing the quests ...

DeletedUser867

I'm one of the "many" who requested, and is delighted by, the quest changes that encourage the development of well balanced cities,
that don't require constant infusions of Coins & Supplies, every session, just to avoid stalling.

I'll be even MORE delighted once we get a Roster for ALL Ancient Wonders, with a total score, so that we'll have a "way to win" that's appropriate for a City Builder.

DeletedUser

I'm one of the "many" who requested, and is delighted by, the quest changes that encourage the development of a well balanced city,
one that doesn't require constant infusions of Coins & Supplies, every session, just to avoid stalling.

So with so many asking to make the quests easier or bring back to what it was before, the dev's go ahead listen to just one player's request??? Wow!!! thats something unheard of till now ...Hope that single player doesn't remain one of the few playing this game soon with a well balanced city :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I'm thinking that shaping the game "to most of our liking" does not refer to the players. I have played in 5 worlds and fellowships so far. Not once have I seen anyone say that they liked the way the quests were being "re-balanced".

DeletedUser246

It just me or plank factory got bigger? (just the image, not the size to construction)

S6zUvP0.png

I'm pretty sure that the image until yesterday was smaller.

DeletedUser199

The quest changes are part of rebalancing the system, as it was requested by many players. We're reading your feedback and we forward them to our development team so we can shape the game to most of our liking.

Dear Hoshi,

I'm really disappointed to read this from you. You are here right from the beginning and you are one of the few mods who really has been playing this game. And now you are telling us that many players want changes like that?

Or maybe many players like changes like these:

https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/we-shape-the-game-to-most-of-our-liking.3763/

DeletedUser629

Why do the dev's seem to be so obsessed with altering the quests all the time which are not in any way harming the game play??

They are harming the game play as it has been too easy to gain millions of coins and supplies without doing a lot of work for it. As a result, players didn't build many workshops, or culture buildings, cause why should you when culture bonus only gives you more coins and supplies, things you could get from quests easily.

Of course players will complain, after all, what was once easy, has now become a bit harder. It only shows that a lot of players built a city relying on those quests, and that's not the right way to do it.

DeletedUser1278

before i was making arround 60 million coins a day
now its reduced finally but for my still to easy and getting to many product in my stock on the dutch server
In one the first there with more then 1000k
and thats gettting boring

DeletedUser31

Seems like my comment was misinterpreted, and I must admit, it was written in a strange way.
I didn't mean to say that our users wanted this exact change of the quests, I only said, that quest rebalancing is needed from both player and development side. I don't think I have to tell why is it needed from player side, as all of us know it. We all want to have fun, rewarding quests. Development side: Many of you probably know that new content is planned and being developed for Elvenar all the time. We have to prepare the game for these changes. Also we have to review how the amounts of rewards fit in with other quests and aspects of the game. Since it is a lot of data, it requires a lot of time to go through them and make them work as intended. Constant changes, and upcoming features have influence on these.

I can only repeat what @Goryn said before. Changes are necessary to prevent exploits of our game mechanics. It may seem like harm to some, but these were necessary, so players can build their cities so they can thrive on their own.

We are really sorry that this update disappointed some of you, but we hope you can understand why we made these decisions.