• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] InnoGames TV - November Episode

Heymrdiedier

Feels like we desperatly need some wiki update to get all the new combat changes.

Now i still dont understand how we can upgrade for example the ceberus to the 3 star level (sinister).
So i surely dont understand how we can upgrade all the new units :)

DeletedUser1548

@Marindor , if I understood correctly long term plan is to give us 15 types of battle units. We'll have three types of armies in three different buildings. So does it mean we'll be able to choose which type of army use and Barracks will become optional?

I'm afraid I know the answer but I'd like to hear it, just to be sure...

DeletedUser118

Feels like we desperatly need some wiki update to get all the new combat changes.

Now i still dont understand how we can upgrade for example the ceberus to the 3 star level (sinister).
So i surely dont understand how we can upgrade all the new units :)

Units can only be upgraded through techs in the research tree. Guess we will see more comming with the next updates.

With all these new units I just hope they won't forget that this is a city builder game.

As for barracks. I can already see it the other way around that all three buildings will not be optional anymore in the future...

Deleted User - 60107

One thing I want to know is: Why do we have 3 different buildings for training units but only one training queue? Since there are three buildings, each taking valuable space, there should be separate queues for each one. Sadly that issue was compeltely ignored in the video.

Since I likely won't be around at the time could someone ask about this during the Live Q&A Stream about new Battle System, please?

DeletedUser1721

This game doesn't feel like a city builder game anymore. It feels like Starcraft, only not quite as fun as Starcraft, with all the you must build this building to summon this unit type but building the building doesn't add to your training queue, because at least in Starcraft you build air units at the Stargate and ground units at the Barracks.

With that in mind, Inno, you should totally add Void Rays and Carriers. Please.

DeletedUser1665

Guess the only developers they have available anymore to do programming only know how to produce fighting games instead of the uniqueness of a city building game which is what the original market was for this game. Seriously 15 units, 3 buildings? and I have to have Military Armory's just to be able to negotiate encounters?

DeletedUser1789

Learning that there will be new units leaves me completely indifferent. It's impossible for me to fight, I lose all the time no matter what combinations of units I use, so I gave up fighting... and I doubt the new units will change anything...

Besides, with so many different units, it would be very important to have a DIFFERENT waiting list for each military building, so we can produce troops simultaneously in each building...

And I also agree with the others : it doesn't look like a city builder anymore. I loved this game because it allowed me to build a beautiful city with beautiful buildings, and without fighting - oh from time to time I loved doing a fight or two (a pleasure you have already taken away from me), but mostly I played with trade and negociations. Now there's too much focus on the battle part, too much focus on refraining players from exploring too far. We can't play as we want anymore, we have to play like THEY want. We can't play to relax after a hard day, because there are more and more constraints, there are TOO MANY constraints, and it's getting very frustrating... Elvenar is not really fun anymore, and a few more units will certainly not be able to make this game interesting again :-(

DeletedUser651

I have been sitting here for one solid hour just doing one province. During the tournaments the game runs really slow and battling takes forever. I have seen this since tournaments began. More players on the server and the game is just like sludge. This game doesn't run well enough to be a fighting game. It is way too slow.

DeletedUser1677

The quests with
"fight and win x battles".
Could it be changed to "fight or negotiate x battles"?
Just until the battle system "works" again?
Don't know the woodelves quests yet, but I fear getting stuck, if I get a "fight and win" quest :/

DeletedUser1345

The battle system with five units worked. The opinions of some is that it worked too well. The new system was supposed to simplify things. That was the reasoning given for the new battle system. Replacing 5 working units with 15 is not simpler. Unless you mean for the new units to be as unimpressive as the new ones so far. As long as the new units are useless, it is simple. If you make them have some useful purpose, players will have to work out from among the different types which ones to use. This is not simple.
Maybe we are dealing with a language issue.

DeletedUser118

At least the tournaments became a little simpler. Most of the times its enough to use just one single unit for all provinces rather than two like in the old one before. But seeing the losses I guess its back to the drawing board. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser1677

At least the tournaments became a little simpler. Most of the times its enough to use just one single unit for all provinces rather than two like in the old one before. But seeing the losses I guess its back to the drawing board. :rolleyes:

What unit do you use? :)

DeletedUser118

That depends on the enemy of course, but for Steel the latest researched Archers worked pretty fine. Before I often used Golems III. Though I'm not a great fighter nor do I participate in Tournaments which are not about my boosted goods. :)

DeletedUser1677

That depends on the enemy of course, but for Steel the latest researched Archers worked pretty fine. Before I often used Golems III. Though I'm not a great fighter nor do I participate in Tournaments which are not about my boosted goods. :)

Not a great fighter eather. I just do "auto battle", and hope for the best :p
Before the updates, I got pretty far with 2-3x golems and 2-3x sorceress. Some times 5x sorceress.
I feel that the tournaments is the only place now, that I have a chance to win