• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion InnoGames TV - May Episode

Marindor

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see our latest InnoGames TV episode here and let us know what you think about it!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Beta Team

DeletedUser1596

I must say, that the stone guy looks very Elvenar-like and his adobe fits this world nicely, but I'm getting well fed with all these events. There are too many of them. I still have winter event buildings in my city which are far from obsolete, another 8 buildings from recent event that are yet to be placed and another building is on its way. Event buildings are no longer *special*, are overpowered, and usually they don't fit the current race's building-style.

Sorry, another month is gone and all I see is a new building, so.. yeah, whatever.

DeletedUser1920

My first reaction was to groan, roll my eyes, and mutter: Not another questline. They're a nice distraction, but there are too many, and too close together. I'm still trying to recover and reset from the Phoenix events.

Elrondriel

I wonder why people assume that events are mandatory to play ?!? If one doesn't like or need the current one - easy to skip.
Believe it or not, but there are new players coming into the game - those also want to have the chance to get some special buildings.

DeletedUser1596

Believe it or not, but we are well aware of our possibilities. We are (mostly) here because the inno-guys asked for a feedback. Even the good things have their limit and this is where I think they hit that limit.

DeletedUser1920

I wonder why people assume that events are mandatory to play ?!? If one doesn't like or need the current one - easy to skip.
Believe it or not, but there are new players coming into the game - those also want to have the chance to get some special buildings.

I am fully aware that these event quests are 100% voluntary. My point is that many of us are still reeling and/or recovering from the Phoenix quests. Another quest line hot on the heels of the last one, coupled with all the current bugs/issues/suggestions that Inno is ignoring just makes this quest line, no matter how short, seem tedious; like it's a distraction to us players to keep us happy and not paying attention to what Inno isn't doing.

Marindor

Just for our information: What exactly do you need to "recover" from? Starting new Power of Provision spell productions, clearing 1 new province and training new units? The rest of the quests don't require that much "recovery", or do I misunderstand something?

Deleted User - 60107

Don't take this the wrong way, Marindor, but: Do you even play this game? A long event with dozens of quests, like the Phoenix one, can be quite exhausting (mentally, not physically), especially if the player has multiple cities at different stages and has to plan differently for each one. Boring quests of the "Produce Beverages/Simple Tools X times" variety (where X is in the dozens) don't help, especially when you get several during the same event.

Also, training new units to replace lost ones and producing new goods to replace the ones spent on negotiating can take quite some time, unless the player stops all tech, city and map advancement for a time. Then there are quests such as "Gain 32 Relics" that require clearing multiple provinces or doing a lot of tournament encounters (because of the reduced number of relics in the new tournaments) that can be quite costly (and time consuming, if you do manual fighting), so not sure what you even mean by "clearing 1 new province"...

Marindor

Do you even play this game?

Of course I do :) I have a city here and one on one of the Live servers. I don't have the time to maintain like 10 cities but then again: If that's what you do, it's what you've chosen for yourself of course. You can't blame events for being too exhausting in that case :p

Deleted User - 60107

Of course I do :) I have a city here and one on one of the Live servers. I don't have the time to maintain like 10 cities but then again: If that's what you do, it's what you've chosen for yourself of course. You can't blame events for being too exhausting in that case :p
I have just 3 cities: One nearing the end of S&D, one in the second half of Woodelves, and the one here oin Beta (in the second half of Dwarves). But even with a single city there's only so many times one can complete the same types of quests before they start getting boring, you know. This wouldn't be an issue if the events were less frequent (giving us more time to forget one event and get excited for the next one), or if there were more types of events, but so far there are just two types of events: The small and short ones (like the Wonky Walters event) and the long ones with dozens of quests (like the Phoenix event). And the latter tend to have all the annoying quests (like produce Beverages 100 times). At least give us a bit more time between events.

Sir Squirrel

I am ready for another event, I enjoy the quests for the most part. Some are a little much, but over all events are good! And like someone said already, if you aren't ready for another one skip it like non-boosted tourneys.

SoggyShorts

I am ready for another event
Me too, it's been well over a month since I finished the last one, so I've had plenty of time to "recover";)
Edit: I also have to agree with @Marindor 's point that complaining about events being to grindy when you run multiple cities is kinda unfair.

Why run more than one city?
-Because there's not enough stuff to do with just one.
Here's some more(optional) stuff to do.
-That's too much!

Last edited:

DeletedUser1596

We can skip an event or two. But events require devs' time to make. Every time someone skips something like that (or doesn't enjoy it), a little piece of their time is wasted. If enough people feel that way, the devs should focus on something else. I can't tell if the time is now, but I think that it is worth considering.

SoggyShorts

Events are now a big part of the game. Personally I've adapted to this change, and I love it. The rewards from the major events are game changing. Any city that doesn't need mana can get all of the culture they need just by getting pop&culture combo buildings. The mini events are nice little distractions for those of us who complete the majors quickly and need to fill the gap.
But events require devs' time to make.
True, and I'm by no means a programmer, but other than some quick storyline hasn't the heavy lifting already been finished? Wonky/Valentines/Menhirok are the exact same program with slight tweaks, no? Maybe the artwork for the new building takes a bit, I dunno (even less of a graphic artist than programmer)

DeletedUser2003

I have 3 cities on the live servers that are all in S&D, so I decided to have another baby city here in Beta, and it's just in the terrible two's lol. Personally I like the mini-events, even on the heels of an event like Phoenix, because I have always gotten something good out of every event I have participated in, and if all it takes is some of my time to get that something, I'm there. I myself need recovery time from my job, not the game, as the game IS how I recover :rolleyes::oops:;):D

DeletedUser

We can skip an event or two. But events require devs' time to make. Every time someone skips something like that (or doesn't enjoy it), a little piece of their time is wasted. If enough people feel that way, the devs should focus on something else. I can't tell if the time is now, but I think that it is worth considering.

I really like the big events, like the Phoenix, especially because the daily exclusives make it a lot more fun. I usually skip the smaller events, because I find them rather boring and the prizes are not all that interesting. That's probably because I prefer high-culture buildings. On the Live server I'm in the S&D chapter, but my city is locked in the desert of the dead, therefore I need high-culture building and don't have room for low-culture building with some extra pop.

I do wish the devs would spend a little less time on developing events, and would spend a lot more time on solving the worldmap issues. A new concept for the chapters would also be much appreciated, because they are becoming very predictable. And don't get me started on the lack of kps :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

DeletedUser1852

I love all the events. It gives me something to do and plan and look forward to while advancing in the game at the same time.
That being said I am in the most awesome FS that is so supportive, so events and tournaments are even more fun because we help each other get the best out of it for everyone.

Why run more than one city?
-Because there's not enough stuff to do with just one.
Here's some more(optional) stuff to do.
-That's too much!

poor devs, can't please everyone...