• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] InnoGames TV - May Episode

DeletedUser651

So...after all that feedback, the response is:

Too bad. You will play the game one way and one way only!

That is pretty lousy.

Well, there is another option and that is to forgo the stupid storyline quests forever. I guess that was his response to me. Fine.

I am still over a YEAR away from getting all the current expansions. This is a whole lot of incredibly impossible to get space thanks to the stupid scouting that I have to waste on a building that one day might be of some use.

Or I can just wait until the neighborhood map works well to build it! :p:p:p:p

It is pretty simple, IF the building is something players want, THEN we will build it willingly. IF the building is not something we want, THEN forcing us to build is is a kick in the teeth!!! Why are they so darn invested in forcing us to do anything? Leave us the heck alone to enjoy this game the way we want. Why eliminate enjoyment?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1548

Many players told us they are not completely satisfied with the spells feature yet. Consequently, they don't want to build the Magic Academy which is what the quest asks you to do. We listen to your feedback, and our answer is not to make the Academy and the quest optional. Our answer is that we try to come up with even better spells.
You asked players for opinions just to say now that you will ignore their voice. Hilarious. ;)
After that there is an open threat that next spells will be EVEN BETTER than the current one. Just like with the Fairy Wonders... ;) Come on, people...! ;)

It is not like I expected anything else but still find it really funny. ;)

DeletedUser651

lol

Players in my fellowship have come up with a great name for a new world once they open another:

*snap*

Edit by Muf-Muf: removed inappropriate word.

DeletedUser1278

So you will make us happy with new spells
lets putt that idea to the joke table:cool:

We get a spell that will make spells to double the first spell ((( dont need goods tools or culture)))
Lets try to make a spell that give more knowledge points instead of 24 a day we make it with spell 36 a day ((( dont need knowledge points by the time you guys have the new guest race finisht my wonder building is full))) oke you can putt it in you three thats finisht allready not buying nothing.

Lets make a spell that your army is 2 times stronger in the battle . dont need stronger army the use of fighting to get points is completly useless after the snails no way to get close with even a 100 provinces more

lets make a spell and use 50 to get a free snail thats a nice idea (( a to bad dream is over

I dont want that magical mickey mouse builing there is nothing magic in there only magic for inno more money if you dont watch your clicking
still you are forcing your players to do something they dont want and you dont listing to them
:confused:

DeletedUser

Inno could painlessly eliminate a significant amount of the Academy dispute by:

Give one immediate expansion to all current players. Just make peace. Acknowledge that you've changed the game after players have invested time - and make it painless for no/low payers to build the thing. Just give them the free space! By insisting that they build it even when they don't want it, you're only revealing that you don't really understand how challenging your game is. Getting an expansion is quite a big deal: we work for it for days or weeks, plan 2-3 ahead of time, and anticipate these as game milestones. Expansions are a major reward - a key incentivizer. Mandating that a player feel like he's wasting an expansion is discouraging - and it really surprises me that Inno didn't know this.​

Then come up with some grand Spells that prove we're all a bunch of pessimists, and that you're amazing game designers who have the capacity to thrill, shock and awe.

We dare you! Be grand - magnanimous, amazing - so quick to be fabulous that we spend all our spare time here talking about how cool this is, how surprised we are about that , how incredible it is to play.

DeletedUser

Inno could painlessly eliminate a significant amount of the Academy dispute by:

Give one immediate expansion to all current players.

I have filled all the available grids with buildings, yet I still don't the Magic Academy. Useless is useless. Giving us one more expansion doesn't make MA more useful. Nor is it beautiful enough to make me have it solely for aesthetic purpose.​

DeletedUser

I have filled all the available grids with buildings, yet I still don't the Magic Academy. Useless is useless. Giving us one more expansion doesn't make MA more useful. Nor is it beautiful enough to make me have it solely for aesthetic purpose.​

Agreed. But at least it would be some acknowledgement on their part. The graphics are a huge disappointment, though.

I suggested separately that the Magic Academy be the vehicle to correct the problem with the Ensorcelled Spells not functioning in a city with 100% culture. The Academy could provide incremental increases in overall city culture, starting with 5%, and increasing up to 25%. This is pretty "magical", solves a problem, and makes the space worthwhile. Everyone who likes using Spells gets to make and use them.

It wouldn't hurt game balance to increase the base culture - and players who have already committed to using their space for manufacturing wouldn't see their cities invalidated by the need to tear down manufacturies and make culture buildings in order to be able to utilize culture Spells. Surely any objective person can see that a huge re-structuring like this would be disappointing for any player. As things are now, we have to choose to tear down manufacturing / housing to make room for 25k worth of new culture (or buy 8 Snail Palaces).

It's astonishing that the Inno team is either unaware of how players construct their game, or unconcerned about the likely reactions when our strategies are radically undermined. Even worse, we've seen our strategies consistently invalidated or undermined - with never an apology nor explanation nor helping hand to make the necessary changes.

DeletedUser118

It's astonishing that the Inno team is either unaware of how players construct their game, or unconcerned about the likely reactions when our strategies are radically undermined. Even worse, we've seen our strategies consistently invalidated or undermined - with never an apology nor explanation nor helping hand to make the necessary changes.

It seems like you've found out what's "magical" about Innogames. ;)

However I like your sugesstion and I would love to see it as I'm one of the players who still hasn't build the MA but will probably as soon as the fairies go so I can continue with the main questline. Its really annoying to see it sitting there at the side of the screen for quite some time now.

DeletedUser1278

On the dutch server i didnt build it and im finisht with the fairies.
And wil not place it.
So i cannot continue with te story line and dont get free coins or tools ..
dont need it. so i dont loose nothing.
Stil there is no way of a little magic in that builing.

edit by Goryn. We really don't need that kind of info here.

DeletedUser1596

On november innoTV there was fairy-tech-tree with missing camp and drones. Now, it's been over 6 months and guess what.

Seriously, guys, this episode is a solid reason to quit.