• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] InnoGames TV - July Episode

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the latest episode of InnoGames TV. We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser1278

Can,t find the link someboby found it

Thank you lord jirr:esmile:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser338

Link
It looks very interesting, especially the fact that we actually keep the orcs. I also love Timon's shirt :D

DeletedUser118

So Orcs and Goblins it will be, just as many of us already suggested. Could have been worse I'd say. This has potential.

However, I wish the new buildings would be inside the Wiki before the update shows up, so we can prepare our cities a little. Especially since we dunno any sizes of the new buildings.

Oh yes, will there be another load of new space for us? Seeing the sizes I think we will definitely need it.

Lissona

So all people who play without barracks and armories - and instead buy the sectors in provinces for gold/supplies/goods - now must build one or two armories up to lvl 20?

DeletedUser338

Probably, but if you were playing without barracks/armories, you were already ignoring half the game anyway, so perhaps the people stubborn enough will find a way through once again.

DeletedUser

So all people who play without barracks and armories - and instead buy the sectors in provinces for gold/supplies/goods - now must build one or two armories up to lvl 20?
I guess it's time to start looking for a new game. :(

Probably, but if you were playing without barracks/armories, you were already ignoring half the game anyway, so perhaps the people stubborn enough will find a way through once again.
Reread the Wiki: "You can either become a skilled and well-known trader, refine your producing art or lead your troops to victory in 3D-animated battles, the decision is up to you."
Now everybody is forced to become a warrior.

DeletedUser1345

So we need high level armories, and benefit from multiple ones, as we will use them to produce orcs ( I guess. ) Why the heck did I build a bulwarks for, then? It was supposed to be so I could build more troops in my barracks without the huge culture loss.
Joke is on me, I guess. Somebody, please start laughing now. It will take a while for me to be able to find it funny.

DeletedUser1075

So we need high level armories, and benefit from multiple ones, as we will use them to produce orcs ( I guess. ) Why the heck did I build a bulwarks for, then? It was supposed to be so I could build more troops in my barracks without the huge culture loss.
I kind of assumed from what I saw that you just needed one armory at level 20 to produce orcs, and once you had at least one the production was governed by total training squad size (which comes from total of all levels + bulwark). So the lvl 20 armory is just a gating mechanism to prevent you from building orcs before you have at least one of that building at that level, not a production house of its own. Oh, and I bet orcs take a TON of slots, probably more than sorceresses or treants or granite golems. If that's true, you would need a bigger squad size just to train them (which means more armories as well as the bulwark).

If this is accurate, then the bulwark is still useful. Sort of. I did notice that the lvl 20 armory has +69 and the lvl 15 Bulwark only has +68, but that's pretty minor and the Bulwark does have the advantage on ranking points (and no culture or population loss if that's what you were looking for).

EDITED: NO, of course this isn't correct. The armories are now production houses, so having a bulwark is again a disadvantage. And I just built one. What a waste.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1345

From what I saw, it looked like the armories were going to become production buildings at level 20. Who makes use of just one production building?

DeletedUser1075

From what I saw, it looked like the armories were going to become production buildings at level 20. Who makes use of just one production building?
Just looked again. You're right. Why do the devs keep making the wonders un-wonderful?

Lissona

Reread the Wiki: "You can either become a skilled and well-known trader, refine your producing art or lead your troops to victory in 3D-animated battles, the decision is up to you."
Now everybody is forced to become a warrior.

No, everybody is not forced to become a warrior - but everybody is forced to build armories to produce the goods "orc".
In fact, when Inno decides to put a new good on the market, everyone has to build the appropriate manufactory - there ist no difference wheter it is a building called "Orc Manufactory" or "Armory".

The negative part here is, that some players totally have to rearrange the cities if they went the trader way - people who choosed the warrior way have a huge advantage these days...

DeletedUser629

So Orcs and Goblins it will be, just as many of us already suggested. Could have been worse I'd say. This has potential.

However, I wish the new buildings would be inside the Wiki before the update shows up, so we can prepare our cities a little. Especially since we dunno any sizes of the new buildings.

Oh yes, will there be another load of new space for us? Seeing the sizes I think we will definitely need it.

When the guest race arrives, i will post the new info on the forum. This way, our international wiki mod has some breathing space.

DeletedUser629

Personally, i like it how they once again came up with a new take on the guest race to come.

Lissona

Personally, i like it how they once again came up with a new take on the guest race to come.
Well, it's not a revolution - but I'd like the challenge to get the "orcs" as a new good in my spreadsheets ;)
Btw.: I'm happy that the new guest race arrives already – from my point of view there was enough but not too much time in betweeen.

DeletedUser

@Jasper I agree with you about the opening Wiki description - it should be changed. Tournaments have made it clear that there's no equivalent option to fight or trade (catering is far more expensive than fighting). Players even receive permanent Rank score for fighting - for which there's no equivalent for builders / traders.

As for Orcs - it's odd to think of myself becoming a slave owner. I mean, it does look like we're trading them like chattel in negotiations. *sigh* I just never thought that after a year of hard work, the best we'd have is to just settle in and be like some character from Justified - living in rustic Kentucky, growin' my 'shrooms/drugs and sellin' folks downriver.

DeletedUser1513

Is it the purpose to release the new era before the new troops for the fairy era are available?
Looks strange to me not to finish the fairies before introducing something new...