• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

[City] More Informative "Culture" Pop-up

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser58

Summary
List required culture for all levels in the Culture tooltip.

Description

Current version:
When you hover over the "Culture" icon you can see your total culture, your required culture, and your available culture.

Visual:
hkMB98A.png

Suggestion: Instead of simply listing "required culture", list the requirements for all the various culture levels. So the pop-up would look something like this...
Total Culture: #
Required for Level 0: #
Required for Level 1: #
Required for Level 2: #
Required for Level 3: #
Required for Level 4: #
Available: #

Motivation
User convenience: Would make the overview more clear on what is needed for which level. This way we can see at a glance what our Culture requirements are instead of trying to make calculations for each level.

Possible downsides
Too much info in the tooltip. Instead of saying Level 0, Level 1, etc. we could also use the icons for those levels (the cloudy/sunny ones).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I will say that right now culture stuff gets pretty confusing. The main number in your screen -in fact the only number you see without having to hover your mouse over something- is your available culture. Assuming that getting enough culture for reaching the 100% requeriment is gonna be soooooo easy, I think the main factor in culture is how many you need for reaching a new level, and/or how many you have above your current level (which also equals how many you can afford to 'lose' without going down one level).

That beign said, ThePhantom's diagram looks far more user-friendly that the one that's currently implemented in the game.

DeletedUser170

I think it would be fine, if we hover over the sun/clouds, in the "culture bonus" pop up, we would have a tabelle, which would take +1 row then it currently have.
1st row: Icons of cloud, sun
2nd row: how much percentage bonus it gives
3rd row: How much culture the player needs, to get to that bonus. All other informations can stay where they are.

DeletedUser

Great idea. Now i sometimes drop a bonus level because it doesn't tell me i'm going 1 level up requiring more culture that way.

DeletedUser

Thanks to Lauwi that I found this suggestion. Honestly I only watched 3 pages of my search results for "culture" and Phantom's thread was on page 4 :oops:
Of course i support this idea! I don't care about the finetuning how this could be implemented. Another suggestion is, to put the "hard" numbers under the percentage numbers which belong to the cloudy/sunny symbols

DeletedUser1817

I do not think the idea is correct, because there appears to be a confusion in the @ThePhantom's mind between the "Culture" tooltip, which is shown here, obtained when hovering over the "Available culture" figure in the game top information bar and simply gives an explanation of this figure (wich is calculated as Total - Required), by showing the Total culture (all culture produced by all cultural buildings, including roads, without the NH bonus) and Required culture (sum of all culture requirements of all existing buildings in town) values, and the "Culture bonus" tooltip, which is shown when hovering over the cultural bonus "weather" symbol, next to the right in the information bar. Required culture here does not correspond to any "levels"...

I think the "levels" @ThePhantom is referring to are those of current culture (available culture + NH bonus) needed to reach a specific cultural bonus level, which you can deduce from the content of the "Culture bonus" tooltip. I agree that replacing the "Needed for next level" figure, at the bottom of the "Culture bonus" tooltip, by a list of the current culture needed for each level could be easier to understand, one problem though is that the "Culture bonus" tooltip is already quite big...

Marindor

This poll unfortunately did not meet the minimum requirements of 20 voters and 80% in favor of the idea. Therefore we will now archive this thread. :)