• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

City [City] Factory/workshop production times

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Buttrflwr

Summary
Replace the 2-day production option for manufactories and the 15 minute production option for Workshops, with a 12-hour production option.

Description
I would like to suggest a 12 hour production time, as for some of us that work long hours with no net access, 9 is just not enough, and 24 is ridiculous if I am truly playing the game.

Motivation
I hate my factories and workshops sitting idle for 2-3 hours until I can get home. There is too great a disparity between the 9 hour production time and the 1 day (24h) production time.

Possible downsides
Might lead to less activity from players who would normally go for the 9-hour options? Should be sorted out.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1596

Exactly same here! So yes, I would welcome this change. But on the other hand, the game is still fairly playable even with some wasted resources.

DeletedUser283

I will certainly support this suggestion, although I would rather have an 8h option for production ;)
however I doubt that our stubborn beloved devs would ever change their mind on this;
original design plan says 9 hours, so 9 hours it will be,
judging from my experience on FoE, where people have repeatedly asked for 12h production since 2012 and nothing had changed, I hate it to rain on your parade but.....

Buttrflwr

I will certainly support this suggestion, although I would rather have an 8h option for production ;)
however I doubt that our stubborn beloved devs would ever change their mind on this;
original design plan says 9 hours, so 9 hours it will be,
judging from my experience on FoE, where people have repeatedly asked for 12h production since 2012 and nothing had changed, I hate it to rain on your parade but.....

LOL, I can still petition and hope. I, and many others, don't have net access at work, and am gone from the computer much more than just 9 hours. There is such a jump from 9 hrs to 24 hrs that it just makes sense to put a 12 hour in there. :)

Marindor

If we'd want to add a 12-hour option, this means another option would have to go, so which production time cycle would you like to see replaced by this? :)

DeletedUser1548

I prefer to have my factories idle for 2-3 hours instead of having my counters move 'few minutes' every day.
It's not possible to set productions always after 12h and from time to time we would have just 1x 12h production for 24h.

Also for people setting 3h during the day and 9h during the night current system is perfect.
I find useful also 1d and 2d productions when I'm offline longer.

12h timers are in Orc era... It's awful, sorry. ;)

DeletedUser118

Since the difference between 1d and 2d production is this tiny and most of the active players use 2d production very rarely, I'd suggest 2d to be replaced.

I agree here. Replacing 2 days with 12 hours is just fine for me, too.

DeletedUser1906

I like this idea! The workshops have more than 4 options. Why can't the goods factories? 1hr/3hr/9hr/12hr/1day/2day. Sometimes I use the 2 day options when I am going out of town for the weekend and will have no internet access.

sunrae

I would prefer the 15 minute one to go, as the 2 day is really useful when going away for the weekend.

Sir Squirrel

I like the idea, but the problem is what productions do you remove? I use mostly the 1 hour and the 15 min production for the workshop if I have spells on as I find 5 min productions too tedious, so for them I would like the 5 min. ones changed, but they use them for quests. For factories I use mostly 3 and 9 hour productions, so would like the 2 day one changed, but a few players already said they like them if they are leaving for the weekend. I think it is next to impossible to cater to everyone's play style and time demands.

Buttrflwr

I use mostly the 1 hour and 15 minute when I am home. BUT, I am gone for almost 11 hours a day, M-F, and that is why I would like to implement something longer than 9 hours, but less than 24, and 12 would be perfect. It seems not many people use the 24 hour production time, so maybe remove it? I don't use either the 24 or 48 hour, so either would be fine with me. :D

DeletedUser1657

I don't mind the workshop times and while I also am often closer to 12 hours absent it just doesn't bother me. If they did change factory times I would prefer they add 2 more option so we have 6 choices like workshops rather than alter one of the existing choices. At least by adding more choice you should have less people upset because they lost something.

Dhurrin

If we'd want to add a 12-hour option, this means another option would have to go, so which production time cycle would you like to see replaced by this? :)

The suggestion was not to ADD it but to replace one of the others.

Btw, I still think its extremely strange that factories only offer a choice of 4 sets, while the workshops offer a choice of 6!
It really shouldn't be too hard to have both offer 6 options.

Marindor

Thank you for your votes. This idea didn't get the minimum requirement of 80% in favor of the idea and our game designers have already confirmed recently that there are no plans to adjust these timers, so we will archive this thread now :)