• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Cannot reproduce Chat not working

Karvest

Game version: v1.49-(cf5898d73) (2018-02-22 10:38)
Game world: Beta1
Browser/IOS/Android + version: Chrome, Firefox, IE
Flash Player version: 28.0.0.161
Operating System: Windows 10
Screen resolution: 1920x1200
Account name: Karvest
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Current situation:

Chat is not working on flash client (mobile is working ok).
Show only "Connecting..."
Tried 3 different browsers on 3 different IP on different PC (even from different countries).

Expected situation:

Chat working in both clients

Reproduction Steps:
1. Open game in browser

Screenshots of the bug:
chatbug.1519308473.png

Last edited:

DeletedUser

On the Dutch server the chat hasn't been working properly for over a week now, maybe related?

Marindor

Yes, there seem to be troubles with our chat socket server. We can expect to have chat problems in the upcoming 1-2 weeks. After that we hope to have it replaced completely to resolve it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

DeletedUser

Yes, there seem to be troubles with our chat socket server. We can expect to have chat problems in the upcoming 1-2 weeks. After that we hope to have it replaced completely to resolve it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

@Marindor thank you for your answer, nice to finally know what went wrong. I've linked your post on the Dutch forum, because frustration due to chat problems was running high.

But please, do us all a favour, and don't start a Fellowship Adventure as long as the chat is not working properly

SoggyShorts

Does this mean we are getting a better chat?
  • Whisper tab
  • AM/mage tab
  • trade tab
  • help tab
  • chat tab
  • event (FA tab)
Please tell me you aren't replacing the chat with the exact same outdated chat

DeletedUser

Does this mean we are getting a better chat?
  • Whisper tab
  • AM/mage tab
  • trade tab
  • help tab
  • chat tab
  • event (FA tab)
Please tell me you aren't replacing the chat with the exact same outdated chat

Please tell me you are joking. I would go screaming mad with 6 different tabs for a chat :rolleyes:

SoggyShorts

Please tell me you are joking. I would go screaming mad with 6 different tabs for a chat :rolleyes:
Umm then don't use them?
My fellowships are active, so there is constantly 100+ messages. Being able to seperate them so that we don't miss important posts among the chatter would be a great benefit, and something that has been requested by the playerbase for years.
Especially the AM/mage and Whisper tabs.
Do you actually enjoy typing "/w playername" every single time you whisper someone?
You are the first player I've ever seen that didn't want this obvious improvement.o_O

Marindor

Guys, please stick to the actual bug in this thread and leave feedback in our Feedback threads if you wish to do so. Thanks :)

Marindor

Ok great, we have had no new reports so we will now archive this thread as "cannot reproduce anymore" but of course will grant the diamonds, since it was a valid report :)