• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Cannot reproduce Chat displays new message indicator while being in chat

DeletedUser607

Game version: __ v1.20.6-(fdf1337) (2016-12-14 13:55)
Game world: __ beta 1
Browser + version: __ chrome 55.0.2883.87 m
Flash Player version: __ 24.0.0.186
Operating System: __ win 10 1607
Screen resolution: __ 1366x768
Account name: __ juni
Humans or Elves: __ elves

Reproducibility: 5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

I'll give a 1, it happend several times within minutes, but since the others stopped chatting, I can't reproduce it right now.
EDIT: happened again.
EDIT2: changed it to 5/5, because it's now happening all the time.

Quest title: __ (if applicable)

Current situation:
__ I was chatting with guildmates, and noticed, that I got chat-notifications (the red bubbles indicating that someone wrote while the chat-window is closed) while the chat window was open. shortly after that elvenar hung itself up with an internal error, right clicking wasn't possible anymore, and just closing the tab and opening a new tab for elvenar worked.
__ EDIT: maybe the screenresolution is important, the chat-notificator is overlapping with the open window, as it can be seen on the screenshot.

Expected situation:
__ that thing should not be needed with the open chat window.
__

Reproduction Steps
__ account a and b are chatting
2. __ b writes something, while a has the chat open AND has some other window open, in this case it was an AW.
3. __ it does not go away if account a writes something into the chat. the chat can be used while the unread message symbol is showing up.
4. __ it does not count to 2.
5. __

in the screenshot, there is a white rectangle, it's just for privacy reasons (not very important texts, but yeah... private).

Attachments

• chatbug.jpg
    chatbug.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 130
Last edited by a moderator:

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Hi Juni, thanks for your report!

Unfortunately we were unable to reproduce this one with the steps given, so we'll archive this thread for now. If anyone else can reproduce this consistently, we'll re-open the investigation :)

DeletedUser607

it just happened on one laptop. which makes things a bit more difficult.

which parameters do interfere with functions like this? I could imagine that it is more than just the screen resolution. maybe the processor?

and by the way, do you think, that people are looking around for bugs in the archive? the archive is for things that are solved, done, no longer important.