• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Chapter 18 - Team Spirit

LOKINHO

Good! Anyone have any idea what the settled settlement might look like? to know what space we will need approximately for this new race and its settlement? Portal, buildings around it ... Thank you!

pilousd

Not sure yet if it's enough but for the time being I settled for a 4x5 extensions area
it allows me to put 3 of each element hub in addition to the portal (lvl 2 at this point, will grow at lvl 3 & 4)
I'm skipping the welcome square buildings and will use PPs instead

settlement_ch18.jpg

on a map, it looks like this below :
certainly not optimized, but i tried to minimize the amount of team park streets (the items connecting the settlement buildings to the portal) since each of them costs 10k of unurium...

1618214590504.png

Jaxom

Of course those of who do the chapter quests can be pushed in directions other than what we really like. Might need to put up one or more of the welcome squares just to satisfy the requirements.
At times I wonder if it is worth following the quests. There can be some decent rewards but it is hard to judge.

Enevhar Aldarion

Of course those of who do the chapter quests can be pushed in directions other than what we really like. Might need to put up one or more of the welcome squares just to satisfy the requirements.
At times I wonder if it is worth following the quests. There can be some decent rewards but it is hard to judge.

I do all the quests the first time I do a chapter, and then start ignoring them when other cities get that far. Even with completing the quests for chapters 15-17, I was still able to push through them in about 4 months for each. Sure, that used up a lot more resources than I got back in rewards, but why hoard stuff and never use it?

spennyit

I always did the chapter quests till chapter 17. The "have 3 of each big ships" was too ... to be done and, for the first time, I didn't continue the chapter quests and stopped there. I was really frustrated, but that mission was really too "much" (and also other afterwards). This will probably happen again if they continue to propose ... chapter quests. (... means ... I cannot be polite ;-))
@pilousd: do you think 3 per type at lv 3 will be enough to have a reasonable pace (4 months) for the chapter?

Last edited:

Lovec Krys

but why hoard stuff and never use it?
You never know when you'll need them for something actualy usefull, so by my opinion it's better to hoard them then use them on stupid quests.

@spennyit There were worse quests. My main city got stuck with the stupid sell small ships of one kind/build small ships of another kind.
And about ch18: By my opinion the chapter will be limited by our ability to trade T7 (and in that case it won't matter how many settlement buildings you have - we shall see).

ekarat

You never know when you'll need them for something actualy usefull, so by my opinion it's better to hoard them then use them on stupid quests.

@spennyit There were worse quests. My main city got stuck with the stupid sell small ships of one kind/build small ships of another kind.
And about ch18: By my opinion the chapter will be limited by our ability to trade T7 (and in that case it won't matter how many settlement buildings you have - we shall see).

There are some pretty strong requirements for mana and unurium as well, so I wouldn't bet on the merchant being the limiting factor when all is said and done. But even if things are limited by mana, then you might not have enough to keep all your buildings supplied anyway.

pilousd

@pilousd: do you think 3 per type at lv 3 will be enough to have a reasonable pace (4 months) for the chapter?

Hard to answer at this point... usually that's what it takes when you stick to the quest line, we'll see...

For sure 3 of each hub (at level 1) is not sufficient to keep my portal (lvl 2) active all day and night. It allows to produce over night (8h prod) the elementals needed to produce medals during the day (4h prod) which are then consumed by the portal to create around 20 badges/day at best. (4025 badges are required to complete research)

At levels 2 and 3, my element hubs will produce with a factor x1.5 then x2 but the portal lvl3-4 will just run faster, not create more badges,
I need to see how it adjusts (and what is practically possible, especially at night)

Lovec Krys

@Enevhar Aldarion Didn't know that it would work, but anyway, there are still quests behind like produce xxxxx settlement goods when you no longer need them.

@ekarat Yes, trading option is not the only obstacle, but i wonder which of them will be worst and how much the limiting of trading will be limiting my beta city, since i'm the only one in ch18 in my FS (other 4 members are in the middle of ch17, the rest are in lower chapters), so i'm completely dependant on T7 non-fs market. And beta market is bad enough even without amount limitations.

Arthus

Unurium and seeds should be picked up at once, period.
Most idiotic thing they ever introduced is switching in between.

palmira

I have been producing unurium non stop since this dispirited race started and I was only able to research 3 techs including the portal. ANd I crammed everything I could in the city to increase a bit the production. It will take ages to do anything, the t7 mercs have a shockingly low ratio mercs/unurium it will be very complicated to have seeds and unurium to feed the factories, one of every merc, no more. It. seems Inno nailed the formula to be sure nobody will finish in a decent time without loads of diamonds to buy unurium :(

spennyit

I have been producing unurium non stop since this dispirited race started and I was only able to research 3 techs including the portal. ANd I crammed everything I could in the city to increase a bit the production. It will take ages to do anything, the t7 mercs have a shockingly low ratio mercs/unurium it will be very complicated to have seeds and unurium to feed the factories, one of every merc, no more. It. seems Inno nailed the formula to be sure nobody will finish in a decent time without loads of diamonds to buy unurium :(
How long do you take to do 1,5 Million mana? To me it seems mana the main problem :-( While you gather mana, you can get a lot of unurium.

Ainor

at this moment, my mana and my enchantements:
1618330598630.png

my mana daily production (from elvenstats, then without maze, evolving building and set bonus):
1618330959221.png

tournament reward every week:
1618331007924.png

thus no, is not mana that worried me..