• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Other Change orcs to goblins

SoggyShorts

There is often confusion for players between the resource called orcs and the units orc strategist and orc warrior, especially during the last event with orc nests and grounds. Also players that reach the 11th ring like this one are often confusing the terms.

A fairly simple switch to naming the resource used for negotiating to goblins should clear that up.

Sir Squirrel

Yeah it makes it harder to explain things to players when the names are the same, most call the negotiating orc's, "Orc heads" to try to make clearer what they are talking about, but that sounds like we are chopping the heads off Orc's to negotiate. LOL! A change to negotiating goblins would work better. But would be even better if they would use "magic mushrooms" to negotiate instead of Orc's, I would sooner been seen as a "mind altering mushroom trader" than a slave trader!!

Last edited:

DeletedUser1596

So I'm not the only one having trouble differing orcs and orcs. As if it wasn't enough, orc strategists are often called just "orcs".. at least in our fellowship. Which makes the situation even more interesting.

SoggyShorts

So I'm not the only one having trouble differing orcs and orcs. As if it wasn't enough, orc strategists are often called just "orcs".. at least in our fellowship. Which makes the situation even more interesting.
Also I've never seen anyone refer to chapter 8 as the Orcs and Goblins chapter, again just "orcs"

DeletedUser1657

I don't struggle with it as I only refer to the chapter or the resource as orcs the other I give their full name, besides I rarely find I need to talk about the units. I can see how people could be confused but the changing the name to goblins would mess with the story line. Could the units have better names?

You could change the name to orc heads but then it sounds like we are beheading them. :eek::oops:

DeletedUser1777

I would prefer a more unique name too, because a lot of players which didn't reach the chapter of orcs yet might "meet" them on worldmap. In combination of the units and talks about the orc chapter it is simply confusing for them.

Shouldn't be that hard to rename i.e. the units, it's just a few lines in code for quests and descriptions.

But the same goes for the PoP spell - a nice source for misunderstandings in every event but for Inno not worth to touch :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Chancing the name/good would also mean that they have to change the looks/animation of the armory.

DeletedUser1075

Those poor goblins. Completely overshadowed by all the many orc variants. It is tragic. Or maybe more of a travesty? ;) Either way, I agree that there are too many orcs and changing some to goblins would actually help (and give the goblins some respect).

DeletedUser1767

Maybe it would be easier to change the name of the chapter to "Goblins" or "Goblins and Orcs"? Since the orcs came and stayed, arguably the goblins are the "real" guest race.

DeletedUser1777

This won't change the confusion between the "fighting unit orc" and the "negotiation orc" ;)

DeletedUser1901

They are made in Armories, so maybe Armory Orcs, or Breeding Ground Orcs (this one's a bit too long probably).
But the same goes for the PoP spell
What are the misunderstandings in events about the name of Power of Provision spells?