• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Catering vs. Fighting

Silverhag

So I'm sorry if this topic has been discussed but here it goes anyways:

Way back in the beginning (do you remember chapter 1?) the player is asked to make a decision: build goods or train troops. This actually doesn't seem to matter in the long run. There is NO benefit to your selection. I cater. I know, most players look down upon this. Catering is expensive and difficult to do as you progress in the game. I absolutely hate fighting. I don't have the patience. I don't care to learn it. Why ask in the beginning if it will not affect your play in the long run.

I feel that there should be benefits to your selection. Elvenar seems to really penalize those of us who just don't want to play with troops. I appreciated (when I happened upon this game) that there was no PVP. I played enough fantasy games with PVP and always hated logging in to see my city red (being attacked) or burning.

So my suggestion: If someone wants to cater instead of fight provide more AWs that benefit caterers. Look at the build size of goods buildings, what it takes to upgrade. Stop penalizing those who would just prefer to cater or provide goods to their fellows who do fight. I should be just as powerful in catering as those who enjoy the fighting.

Prueba2

Fighting is superior to catering only due to expiring buildings and pet feeding effects.
Also, because used troops in one encounter can be reused in future encounters (minus losses) while catering you spent all the resources, no return.

Karvest

You can't reuse dead units, and all of them will be dead at some point of tourney without temporary buffs.
You can cater 35+ provinces weekly, but you can't fight them without buffs.
The opposite situation occurs if you have those buffs - you can fight 60+ provinces weekly but can't cater them.

Ainor

in my opinion, a player who doesn't want to fight can save a lot of space in his city, by not placing training grounds, mercenary camp and armories (and workshops, population and culture related), and a dozen military AW. It means eliminating Wonder Levels and Expansions that affect Tournament and Spire difficulty

Last edited:

Verde

Armouries produce Orcs, which are required as a basic resource from a certain point, although they can be produced from a few special/event buildings as an alternative. So, likely Armouries would still be required even in a catering city.

Always wondered why we have magic residence and magic workshop but not a magic armoury ... would be happy with those.

Prueba2

orcs can be products from orc nests, which can be crafted in magic accademy
Not in enough quantities as neede for catering.
I had at some point over 40 Orcs nests, but had to build and start upgrading 3 Armories up to level 30+ as the production ws anot enough...