• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug Can't Buy KP when bar is full

DeletedUser867

This quest is declinable, so it's easy enough to dodge, but it's not actually possible to complete the quest if your KP bar is maxed out. I don't know if it would even be triggered during the end game, but it's certainly feasible to wipe your city and start over again, in which case your Techs would have already been completed.

BuyKnowledge.png

This is not a bug, and quests like this will (should) not come up when you have researched everything in the research tree already. :)

DeletedUser867

I have; it did.

But the same problem is going to occur quite frequently when folks are waiting for goods, coins, or supplies in order to complete a tech, and their KP bar will be consequently maxed out. It's not just an end game thing.

There is an entire new segment in the research tree that I won't believe you have completed completely already. Also, getting a quest does not mean that you should be able to instantly complete it. As long as it is still possible to research something, this is a valid quest to receive, even if you cannot invest the Knowledge Point right away.

DeletedUser867

We have a lot of players who only come on once per day, and they will usually have more Knowledge Points than they can use.
Asking them to buy MORE knowledge points, when they can't, is just irritating. The quest really does need to be conditional.

That would make this a request for a change, but not a bug. For those, please start a thread in the Ideas and Suggestions part of our forums. :)

DeletedUser867

As you indicated, it's working as intended. I was hoping that it was a bug.

It doesn't cripple game play st all, so I'll add the declinable KP Quest to my list of stuff to chase once everybody has access to the Dwarves, and we know a bit more about the cycle quests. I'll probably piggyback it on my existing question about the Slow Blink for a full Knowledge Points bar.