• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Can Treants Beat Up Heavy Melee Units Also?

• Thread starter DeletedUser1163
  • Start date

DeletedUser1163

When competing in the Tournaments, I noticed the Treant stat screen shows this creature is best against Light Melee & Heavy Ranged Units. Yet when you’re in a battle and hover over the Treant, you see on the Army Setup Screen icons of a fist over the Orc General and a blue sword over the Thief. The blue sword represents Light Melee Units and the fist represents Heavy Melee Units. Orc Generals are Heavy Melee Units. Does this mean Treants are not only best against Light Melee & Heavy Ranged Units but also best against Heavy Melee Units?

If that is so, Treants can be really helpful protecting and defending our elven Sorceress, who is best against Heavy Melee Units but she needs to get too close to them to cast her spells. A Treant in front of her battling those Heavy Melee (like those frightening Orc Generals) can help her survive the battle.

Horanda

Each unit has 2 types they are stronger against, 2 types the are weaker against, and their own type, for which they enjoy neither advantage nor disadvantage. So yes, Treants can be used as tanks to absorb damage, if you can get them to grab the aggro. You have a chance by having them move first, but there is no guarantee.

Against the Orc Generals, your archers are a better choice, because they can shoot from far enough away that the General can't move and hit them on his next turn.

Autofight won't work.

And although my aging eyes do appreciate the larger type, it is offset by the purply blue.

DeletedUser1657

The highlights are including the neutral troop type as well as those the unit is strong against. It was raised that this could be misleading and should be addressed.The new UI is very nice but there are still some tweaks that would help.

DeletedUser1163

Thank you Horanda and Mykan for answering my question. Sorry CrazyWizard that you are ignoring my message because you do not approve of the text formatting I chose. I have difficulty seeing the small type on this forum so I need to enlarge the text. I will make sure I ignore your messages also for being so rude.