• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Breaking Runes for one AW to Forge Runes for another

• Thread starter DeletedUser1665
  • Start date

DeletedUser1665

This is for informational purposes only since I carried this over from the Live server forum for those who don't read both.

Ok, so I finished the knowledge tree on the live server and wanted the "Maze of the Dark Matter" AW but didn't want to wait forever to collect the runes to build it so here is what I did and the results if your thinking of trying the same thing.

Since I had all the other AW rings filled with plenty of spare runes I built 4 AW's. With a builder full of boost's it took between 7 and 8 hours to complete all 4 AW's and you have to let them complete before selling them off or the runes rings will stay full. Once they were built I sold them off and of course you don't get anything for selling an Ancient Wonder.

I started filling their rings once more and every time I got to the point where it said Forge a Rune I switched over to the Maze of Dark Matter AW and placed it there. Unfortunately the original AW's rings filled back up first so I had to build them a second time. Once that was complete of course I again sold them off loosing all the goods it cost to make each one.

Again I started filling their rings and every time I got to the point where it said Forge a Rune I switched over to the Maze of Dark Matter AW and placed it there. all in told I started out with 4 AW's which already had complete rings so I could build them and ended up spending an additional 101 Runes to reach my goal. Here is the additional cost breakdown:

14,300 Marble
39,600 Steel
45,800 Planks

2,960 Elixer
8,880 Dust
8,760 Gems

The AW's I built and tore down were the Martial Monastery, Crystal Lighthouse, Dwarven Bulwark and Mountain Halls

Plus the cost to build the Maze which is
4,400 Crystal
16,400 Scroll and 9,800 Silk

So my results might not be typical but if you have ever thought about building AW's simply to break Runes into Shards for another AW at least this summary may help you a little.

Heymrdiedier

i think ive build the lighthouse 4 times or more just to get some broken rune shards out of it, but now its a good wonder and im out of runeshards, tuff luck.
Same goes for abyss, tho ive only trashed that one once.

So trashing wonders for shards ive done lots of times, but now i dont think its needed anymore. You can get so many broken rune shards from tournament now, that i stopped building wonders to break the runeshards. If i build it now, its because i want the wonder.

Of course if you have 100 or so shards of a wonder, its best to try and break as many of those as possible every time you can, so you can use the broken shards on other wonders. so saving rune circles for the best time is a good tactic

Dony

King of Bugs
or you can do it without destroying any wonder, all you need is to not level past 5/10/15 and do this circle when you need another new wonder or level old wonder wher you dont have runes anymore, with more and more wonders being added and built you will never run out of wonder which you cant level up because you dont have runes