• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Other Blocking

Lyra

AFAIK blocking messages is possible. I'm almost certain my wife has a few players blocked. I'll ask
but why would you want to stop them from giving you free KP or fulfilling your trade requests though?
we find it annoying and it is not welcome. it's rude because we have asked him to stop and he doubled-down. he has many accounts and drops 1kps from all of them. blocking messages is not enough and it blocks for about 6 months and then resets/opens up again.

Lyra

honestly blocking someone from taking your trades, or allowing him to put kp in your wonder, that sounds like a very bad plan. This just leads to discrimination of some kind. What would prevent an authoritarian archmage from forcing his members to 'block' a person or even a whole fellowship? This feels like a first step towards ingame bullying.

In all my personal experiences i found it always best to ignore things i don't like, instead of forcing others to think like i do or to limit those others in their rights....
well, we are not on the offense. we're on the defense. if an AM is authoritarian, then why are people staying in an FS like that? we play fairly and nicely - no drama. we respect each other. this spammer has not honored our request to skip our FS and i would like to block him from my city. the rest of the players can do what they want to. i am the AM.

Lyra

Blocking traders takes on a bigger impact once you get into sentient goods. We all know there is a small group of players on every server that constantly post poor sentient trades. Those same players will take 2-star and 3-star trades before the players who actually need them can, and then add more of their crap trades. It rarely happens, but on the US servers, when any of my sentient trades get taken by one of these bottom-feeders, it really bothers me. Same with the garbage players who wander all over the world map and throw 1 or 2 KP into the AWs of random players, hoping to poach a good reward chest.
yes, exactly.

Lyra

My live world ship upgrades a lot of ancient wonders and some of my members like to fill their own. They will then let the fellowship know when they are close so that we can get rewards, this of course leaves them open to what I call reward sniping. I've tried to get them to use AW threads but to no avail. So, whenever I read about blocking a city from interacting, this is where my mind goes. Some will argue that this is good strategy by the non-fellowship member or that it's just fair play, but I think it's annoying. We do what we can to push them out of a reward, but aren't always successful. My beta ship runs threads and everyone uses them and we don't have these issues. Now if someone is harassing your fellows, support should be able to put a stop to that.
agree... but right now, we can only block his messages. he is not in any fellowship and has many accounts.

SoggyShorts

he's spamming everyone's AW with 1kp drops even though I've asked him to kindly skip our FS.
That...sounds like free KP.
With 1 KP donations there are only 2 possibilities:

1. Your FS members donate more than 1 KP per available chest and therefore he gets nothing = Win for your FS
  2. Your FS fails to donate more than 1 KP per available chest and so he gets the bottom chest that would have been lost anyways, and you save 1 KP= Win for your FS
All he is doing is paying you for reward chests that you are throwing away.
I do not see the downside for you or your FS at all.

Pauly7

he's spamming everyone's AW with 1kp drops even though I've asked him to kindly skip our FS. we now have a thread specifically to knock him down.
So he's dropping 1KP into Ancient Wonders and this is a problem? Get someone to donate 2KP. All that is happening is that you are getting a free KP in all your Wonders... Thank you Mr Donator.

This is only a problem if an FA hasn't set up any kind of swapping system. I think that's probably been said several times already.

UlyssesBlue

Not this argument again. :rolleyes: It feels like we're repeating ourselves ad nauseam. I'm just going to copy-paste what I said last time:

This issue comes up once every month or two and the comments are always the same, so allow me to summarise the main points for you, and save us all some time.

The main argument comes from a very small group of players who don't like people outside their fellowship donating to their wonders, because they would prefer the prizes only went to people in their fellowship, and therefore propose a game mechanic that will allow them to restrict wonder donations in some way as a solution to this issue.

The response from the devs is that they will not be changing things, as this is how the wonder donation system is intended to work.

The response from the majority of the player base is that if you don't want people outside your fellowship winning the chests then you just have to make sure your fellows donate enough KP to your wonders that it is unprofitable for anyone else to consider it, or if they try, they at least don't manage to get the main prizes. A simple but effective way to achieve this is to use KP exchange threads. Essentially, you already have a simple and easy mechanism to achieve what you want to achieve, with the benefit that it won't negatively affect anyone who doesn't have the same play style as you.
Most outsiders who donate to your wonders only drop a handful of KP in, so it's not hard to bump them out. And for the rare occasion when someone drops such a huge amount of KP into your wonder that your fellows can't get one of the chests, does it really matter? The outsider has significantly reduced the amount of resources you need to upgrade your wonder, so you are receiving a big benefit from this practice regardless of who gets the chests. Anyone who's giving you such a big gift kinda deserves the prize at that point.

I think that's all the key points. Have I forgotten anything?

ZodiBeta

I have no problem with players outside my f/s donating KP to any member's AW; I see it as a gift. Just as I will donate KP to good neighbors (ie: really good traders) as a thank you; double bonus if it's for an AW that I am looking to upgrade. It builds goodwill for future trades and a sense of community bigger than your own f/s.