• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Other Blocking

Lyra

It would really help if players can have the ability to block another's city. I have one guy with 3 accounts spamming my FS. I've asked him nicely to please skip our FS and he's just doubled down. We have a message thread to knock him down but it's a ridiculous waste of time and it's truly disrespectful of him. We'd like to be able to block him from our cities. To just be able to block someone from messaging is not enough. Some players act out and are unstable.

SoggyShorts

I talked about something like this months ago on the US forum, but all I got was a bunch of excuses for not doing it. Being able to block a city from interacting with yours, no harassing messages or trade stealing or single-point KP donations, would be used rarely, but still useful.
AFAIK blocking messages is possible. I'm almost certain my wife has a few players blocked. I'll ask
but why would you want to stop them from giving you free KP or fulfilling your trade requests though?

Enevhar Aldarion

AFAIK blocking messages is possible. I'm almost certain my wife has a few players blocked. I'll ask
but why would you want to stop them from giving you free KP or fulfilling your trade requests though?

Blocking traders takes on a bigger impact once you get into sentient goods. We all know there is a small group of players on every server that constantly post poor sentient trades. Those same players will take 2-star and 3-star trades before the players who actually need them can, and then add more of their crap trades. It rarely happens, but on the US servers, when any of my sentient trades get taken by one of these bottom-feeders, it really bothers me. Same with the garbage players who wander all over the world map and throw 1 or 2 KP into the AWs of random players, hoping to poach a good reward chest.

SoggyShorts

Same with the garbage players who wander all over the world map and throw 1 or 2 KP into the AWs of random players, hoping to poach a good reward chest.
Yeah, I have zero problems with these players (and I'd certainly not call them garbage players). If you have ANY sort of wonder system in your FS these just result in free KP and never a reward for the foreign investor.
We all know there is a small group of players on every server that constantly post poor sentient trades.
TBH I never ever check to see who took my trades, but yeah I'm aware of these players and they're playing a game that barely exists in Elvenar. I mean what would having a billion T-4/5/6 even do for you?
Super simple to just ignore them and always post trades asking for what you need at a 10% discount.

Karvest

They are draining T4-T6 resources from the game, not only taking out most rare goods so that you can never buy them from trader without overpaying and forced to post own trades and wait, but also just waste sentient goods way faster than if goods would be left on normal endgame accounts traders due to missing simia AW. (at least looking at lacitm on beta, whose trades I started to see when my town was relocated some time ago)

SoggyShorts

They are draining T4-T6 resources from the game, not only taking out most rare goods so that you can never buy them from trader without overpaying and forced to post own trades and wait, but also just waste sentient goods way faster than if goods would be left on normal endgame accounts traders due to missing simia AW. (at least looking at lacitm on beta
Perhaps this is an opportunity. Get everyone to boycott lacitm:p

Price gauging only works if there are customers willing to pay.

Vidar

My live world ship upgrades a lot of ancient wonders and some of my members like to fill their own. They will then let the fellowship know when they are close so that we can get rewards, this of course leaves them open to what I call reward sniping. I've tried to get them to use AW threads but to no avail. So, whenever I read about blocking a city from interacting, this is where my mind goes. Some will argue that this is good strategy by the non-fellowship member or that it's just fair play, but I think it's annoying. We do what we can to push them out of a reward, but aren't always successful. My beta ship runs threads and everyone uses them and we don't have these issues. Now if someone is harassing your fellows, support should be able to put a stop to that.

Heymrdiedier

honestly blocking someone from taking your trades, or allowing him to put kp in your wonder, that sounds like a very bad plan. This just leads to discrimination of some kind. What would prevent an authoritarian archmage from forcing his members to 'block' a person or even a whole fellowship? This feels like a first step towards ingame bullying.

In all my personal experiences i found it always best to ignore things i don't like, instead of forcing others to think like i do or to limit those others in their rights....

Richord

I like it. I don't like players that are selfish and take FA-trades, never give help etc. Being able to ignore them; clears the sky on the map:)

however; if somebody is really abusing the game, support should be able to help out. Rules/guidelines/morel behavior should be uphold by support and thus they should be the solution.

SoggyShorts

I don't like players that are selfish and take FA-trades never give help etc.
Are people really taking your zero-star FA trades? that sounds like a win for you. I mean just keep posting bigger and bigger zero-star trades until they stop. Meanwhile, you make a fat profit off of them.
As for those who never give help, how does that impact you differently if you block them from giving you help?

These are just like the complaints of people "stealing" chests with 1 KP. If they get a chest with 1 KP you would have lost it anyways, at least now you got 1 KP. :rolleyes:

Richord

I never use less than 2 star trades and as far as i can recollect, neither 3stars.
It's frustrating to see many 'not golden hands'. I like to appreciate my helpers, not be confronted to not get help back.. again...
I rather don't see the loners than get once a month help.

for the game; this suggestion (first message) is not useful and probably too difficult to implement on all kinds of lvl's.

People stealing chests; good for the hunters.
If people steal chests; it's because the owner of the wonders is selfish and a non-team-player. otherwise this player would use kp-threads, deals, trades to divide all chest without any problem.

SoggyShorts

I never use less than 2 star trades and as far as i can recollect, neither 3stars.
Oh yeah, that's' a big mistake in the FA.
You should simply use the "take one leave one" system:
  1. The AM posts 10 trades* of 100 planks asking for 800 steel.
  2. When you need 100 planks to make a badge you take one of those trades and post your own identical trade.
  3. At the end of the FA, the AM cancels any remaining trades and purchases the rest
Everyone breaks even and no one will steal your crappy trades (if they do, take the profit and simply repost)

*edit: Obviously fellowships doing a bunch of badges post more than 10 trades, and have more than 1 poster.
The simple concept is the point, not the number 10

Last edited:

Karvest

It's already annoying to buy 100elixir+100silk after each province when you are rushing through tournament with zero cooldown, posting a trade each time would be even more cancer. I'd better get 0* trades...
+ you can get more than 10 provinces before someone take your reposted trades.

SoggyShorts

when you are rushing through tournament with zero cooldown
If you are that advanced surely everyone in your FS can afford to lose a few hundred goods so there's no need to do "take one Leave one" and even out your trades at the end. Instead, simply have a bunch of FS members post 60 crappy trades each and if it's uneven at the end I'm sure you don't care.

Karvest

Yeah, that's what I wanted to say - why bother with take one leave one if the the loss on crappy trades for the whole tourney is less than single encounter catering cost...

galrond

I have absolutely no moral problems, with ppl sniping chests.
If they want to use the time finding targets... fine with me.
If I wasn´t so lazy, I would do it myself ;)
In a well organized FS that´s no problem at all.
In a non organized FS the chest would likely go to waste anyway.
At the end of the day is free KP to the owner of the AW:cool:

I have no problems with crappy deals.
If you don´t like the offer, then don´t buy it.......
I must admit, that I´ve never considered, that ppl buy up sentient goods to corner the marked.
I ofc have seen crappy deals on sentient goods, but due to the decay, I never thought of it as "big business".
I try to plan ahead, keeping my goods balanced, and I seldom hit "rock bottom" with any of them.
The exception is spire, but my FS is good at helping:)
So I never buy those crappy deals:eek:
If someone need it bad enough to pay the price, well it must be worth it for them......
One thing to keep in mind: if the crappy deal wasn´t there, there most likely wouldn´t be any deal at all.
That´s the reason, that the FA deals have to be crappy. If they weren´t, they would be gone in no time.

SoggyShorts

One thing to keep in mind: if the crappy deal wasn´t there, there most likely wouldn´t be any deal at all.
This is the only line I disagree with. Until some weirdos (1 per server) decided to make their own mini-game by cornering the sentient goods market there were plenty of 1:1 trades for two out of three goods in each tier (obviously never all 3 because the 3rd type would take an existing trade rather than posting one)

There are ways to avoid it though: place trades well in advance of when you need them, join an advanced FS, or use the world chat: www.tinyurl.com/elvenarworldchat

galrond

On one of my live cities, I have seen only 2 pages of trades inc. crappy ones.
But it hasn´t sentient goods yet.
It´s a some time ago, and now there´s more.