• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

New Game Features [AW] New bonus: shorten building times

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser1854

Summary
Implement a new AW bonus which shortens the building times.

Description
Have one of the next race's Wonders boost the builder hut, the 10% motivated boost is kinda weak, so having a Wonder that improves it would be awesome. Like at level 5 it brings it up to 15% and at level 10 it becomes 25% something like that.

Motivation
Faster building would probably resolve in more activity.

Possible downsides
Game balance. It would probably need to have a max number of usages per day to not make it too powerful and it could have a negative impact on NH since Builder's Hut NH would be less needed/less valuable.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

That's a pretty great idea, even at 1% per level if the secondary benefit was half decent and the size was right I think this would be a great addition for chapter 12.

SoggyShorts

It would be really great if people would post as well as vote. Especially if you vote "no". Why not? Perhaps something could be changed to make this appealing to you? Just voting against an idea doesn't give any real feedback that can be acted on.

Dony

King of Bugs
1. 90% of the time are builders idle
2. instants completely replaced this idea in my opinion with much more variety then just building
having AW around builder would be waste of space in my city

SoggyShorts

Actually that's a very good point. Since any new wonder would be inserted at the end of the tech tree, there'd be no point in it reducing build times.
2. instants completely replaced this idea in my opinion with much more variety then just building
True, I guess this kinda depends on how many instants we get: is the FA with a chance at one instant as a grand prize normal, or is Eldrasil with a chance at 500h of instants normal?

DeletedUser2003

+1

I kind of like this idea, as I really don't like asking for builder boost with neighborly help, and I use up my time instants about as fast as I get them. To keep with a builder theme, perhaps the secondary benefit could be creation of a time instant, much like the Enar's Embassy creates 1 broken shard per week?

DeletedUser1657

I agree. This however could make for an interesting wonder

the benefit could be creation of a time instant

DeletedUser1596

Not a bad idea, but I wouldn't have any use for this bonus. I really don't care whether a building is upgraded in 16 or 20 hours. I hit *upgrade* when I get home and that's it for a day. No need to hurry. In fact, I don't even see the point of getting builders motivated.

SoggyShorts

I think a builder time wonder makes the most sense as a first wonder instead of the GA. Especially since the GA is worse than a house until around chapter 6.
Pretty sure it's too late to shuffle things around though.

Sir Squirrel

I don't think it should be one of the first wonders as building times are minimal at the beginning of the game, but become huge near the end chapters. I would probably like a scout time reduction wonder better though. Maybe it could do both? How many would change there vote if it reduced the scout times as well as builder time?

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

don't think it should be one of the first wonders as building times are minimal at the beginning of the game, but become huge near the end chapters.
But like @Urvalsandal pointed out, once all upgrades get to 16+h even 10% builder buffs are pretty useless unless you are willing to lose sleep to reset builders. The earlier you get a builder reduction wonder the more use you'd get out of it.
How many would change there vote if it reduced the scout times as well as builder time?
I would.
Even better would be if it created an instant every x hours, and reduced scout times, and just forget about the builder reduction.

As it is right now scout times are based on the coin cost to scout, as are enemy SS and cater costs. I assume this would not be effected?

Last edited:

DeletedUser1596

But why would anyone need that in the first place? I know that 20% faster builders sounds fine, but what will you do with those 2 saved hours? So you can have your cultural buildings built a few hour earlier and then you will have to wait for another research to finish. That's when I catch up with you for the first time. Then you can have your barracks built 3 hours earlier.. well but my unit production keeps running elswhere. And finally, you can upgrade a few residences faster, but that will deplete your resources faster as well and that's when I catch up with you again. And if not, then you win. You have your city rebuilt 2 days earlier than me. So you... what? Nothing. The rest of the year I will laugh at your useless bonus.

Sir Squirrel

@SoggyShorts , yeah I guess if it gave a time instant (a good one not 3 min, or something silly ) we could use that to speed up a build or a scout so that would be better I guess. My thinking was building and scout times just keep getting longer and longer each chapter and it would be nice to have a wonder that would help bring them down a bit.

DeletedUser594

Voted yes, but I think devs wouldn't even look at 23 players vote,lol.. (12 yes versus 11 no)

Marindor

Thank you for voting, everyone. Unfortunately this idea didn't meet the minimum requirement of 80% in favor. We'll now archive this thread. :)