• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Ask Timon and Rike! Questions we'd like answered in the next Q&A

SoggyShorts

Q. Tournaments

Wouldn't it be fair when winning runes in the tournaments that we were given a complete rune and not a rune shard?
After all our efforts to win them it would seem right to me to do this.
Personally I prefer broken shards some of the time. Often I get runes for wonders I have already built (and already have enough to fill the ring again a few times) so they're pretty useless.
If they ever get around to allowing us to carry more than 10 busted runes then I'd always prefer the busted ones.

SoggyShorts

Look!
Diamond quest rewards just appeared in the Beta storyline!!
What we have been waiting for!!!
:)

19756772_10209571981357007_207847415276116777_n.jpg
Is it actually a quest reward, or the chest reward at the end of a chapter?
From that pic it looks like the chest between orcs and woodelves....
Also, @Dony on Beta said the reward for completing chapter 6 was 200 diamonds, so maybe it's 200 per chapter? That's awesome for new players, but if players have already reached later chapters, they will never get those 2,000 diamonds... pretty huge difference having 4 builders and an upgraded MA vs not.

ophion

Personally I prefer broken shards some of the time. Often I get runes for wonders I have already built (and already have enough to fill the ring again a few times) so they're pretty useless.
If they ever get around to allowing us to carry more than 10 busted runes then I'd always prefer the busted ones.
I meant to say a rune that was usable...not a duplicate one.

Jackluyt

Q. Missing step in the Tutorial!

Hey Timon and Rike!
Our Facebook group just had a discussion about visits to neighbors - and you would be surprised how common it is that players think you just have to Visit and then click Done.
No one told them they have to click on a building - and it sometimes takes them months to find out!!
I once booted a player from a fellowship for not visiting - fortunately I found out that he HAD visited but did not know about clicking!!
So I was able to take him back...

How about making this a little more clear in the Tutorial?
Thanks!

Jackluyt

Just a reminder that you can post questions that you would like Timon and Rike to answer in the next Q&A session here!

Jackluyt

One-minute Boosters are pathetic

Hi Timon!

Almost everyone in our large Facebook group agrees that one minute, three minute and seven minute boosters are worth nothing at all. If the average player needs to speed up the upgrading a building or a scout or whatever, we are talking HOURS, not minutes.

I do realize you don't want to give inappropriately heavy prizes to the beginners.

Have you considered this issue and do you have a way to improve it?
For an advanced player, being given a tiny booster is like being offered a massive packet of peanuts at a party - and being told you can only take one!

Could you not make the boosters percentage?
That would be fair to all players!

My scouting takes over 2 days - a 10 or 20 or 50 percentage reduction would be meaningful - and appreciated!

Thanks!!

Last edited:

Jackluyt

Player Movement - repeat question

Hi Timon!

There is no doubt that the Player Movement system is vastly improved over the way it used to be - and it is slowly improving even more.

But equally there is no doubt that your design team are still falling far short of their stated objective - which is to move all the inactives outward slowly, and drift the active players towards the center of the board.

I know that you are aware of this and are working on a more efficient system.

Could you tell you when we can expect this system to REALLY work - so lots and lots of totally inactive cities around us can be seen to be moving away, and replaced by fresh, better players - not the influx of 'newbies', as at present - who soon become inactive just like the ones they are replacing?

It would make the game SO much more interesting if active players could all work together - which is not happening...

Thanks!!.

DeletedUser118

Did we actually ever get an answer to at least some of the questions asked in here? o_O

Jackluyt

Did we actually ever get an answer to at least some of the questions asked in here? o_O

They did answer one or two in the last Q&A.
I wish they would answer more!
Many players feel ignored because valid concerns NEVER get answered.
This sometimes boils over into frustration - and then people start making nasty comments...

DeletedUser880

Why has the way the Crystal Lighthouse works changed in beta. Instead of getting goods for each fellowship mate and neighbour visited you now get 10 times the number of goods (sounds great) but only when you open a chest found in their cities (max 3 times per day)? Anyone visiting 30 or more players per day will lose out, those who visit 200 plus neighbours will lose out massively. How will this improve activity or enjoyment of Elvenar, reduced visits will inevitably be the result, less goods available for tournaments, less goods available to trade. Please would you explain why this step is being taken.

Jackluyt

Q 1. Crystal Lighthouse and Bell Spire Changes

Hi Timon and Rike!

You have changed the structure of these Ancient Wonders - so one now gets goods only when one opens a Treasure Chest. Seeing there are are only three chests a day, it follows that people who visit more often than thirty times a day will be losing out - and people like myself who visit 240 times on some days are going to lose really badly!

Here is a suggestion - could you consider it please?

1. Give us extra chests - lets say one every twenty visits, after the basic three that we have at the moment - then the more one visits, the more goods one gets.
Which will encourage people to visit!

2. Could you consider giving some Mystery Chests, every now and then, as a surprise?
To add spice to the game!
1% chance of a Blueprint - but most people would just get goods or Instants.
Perhaps even an occasional Booby Prize!

Q 2. Instants in Treasure Chests

Could you please cut down the number of Relics in the chests?
Most advanced players have too many Relics!
Could we rather have Instants please?
Do you plan to do this?

Thanks!!

DeletedUser2115

INNOGAMES and Elvenar,

As much as I enjoy playing Elvenar, there are some changes that need addressed in how we play the game.

MY PAST: I am a gamer and have been a gamer since 1994, long before your organization came into existence. I have been playing various INNOGAMES games for quite a few years now (since the beginning). In ALL your games you make the same mistakes. You do NOT listen to your gamers. I left INNOGAMES for a couple years and was only lured back because of the type of game Elvenar was supposed to be (building your city). The only thing you have improved on over the years is that you now correct your bugs a tad faster.

Yes, you have a successful business, but all you are doing is picking up new gamers to replace the disgruntled ones. Eventually you will lose your players to not being more responsive to them. Yes, you MIGHT lure them back for the "next game" (like you did me) but the end result will be the same (experienced players leaving your game). No, I'm not ready to give up on Elvenar although if the FS's I am in keep losing gamers due to your uncaring attitude, I will be amongst them when I reach their stage of frustration and this time, I WON'T come back to another of your games. Enough is enough. Start listening to your customers or you won't have any!!!!

MY PRESENT: I am a daily player unless I am out-of-town or dealing with situations that require limited play (REAL LIFE issues like hospitalizations, work, and a vacation away from home, etcetera). I have been playing Elvenar since April or May 2017, not sure when in there. I am already in Chapter 7 of the research tree for one server and chapter 6 for the other 3 servers.

Following are some of the grievances I have or have heard from other gamers in regards to the way the game is currently progressing:

1. The rewards suck. Something that is over and above the normal game play (tournaments, events, adventures, and etcetera) needs to have rewards that are worthwhile to spend our hard earned goods and supplies on. They should be above and beyond what we can create, buy, build, etc. during normal game play. It wouldn’t hurt if they were smaller since our space is limited!!!

2. Events, Tournaments, Adventures (any extras) beyond normal game play are over-the-top when they do not give the players an opportunity to regain their supplies and goods so they can continue participating in any of the extras as well as their normal game. My supplies and goods on one server won't even allow me to do any further participation beyond 5 t-provinces in the tournament at the current time. My 3rd level goods won't allow me to even cater at this point and still play my normal game.

3. Players at the end of the research tree need more Chapters to continue their game play. No, just the current Chapter being developed will NOT be enough to keep the players happy for very long. New Chapters need to be developed on a regular basis to keep player interest. Twice a year is inefficient and unfair.

4. Players need more expansions not only for goods and/or supplies, but extra buildings or they have to start deleting items they built in order to participate in #2 above which ruins their normal game play.

5. The mobile app is great and the planned upcoming changes will help, but It has a lot of issues that need to be incorporated still in order for a gamer to fully participate in the game. When “Real Life” issues come up participation in the game comes to a halt for the following:

a. Game mail. Chat is there, but it isn’t good enough due to the inability for it to sustain important information that is lost when a FS is consistently active. There has been many times what I typed before going to bed is gone in the morning (in just 9 hours) on the browser, let alone on the mobile app.

b. Ability to participate in any of #2 above.

c. Ability to use spells or make new spells in the Magic Academy.

d. Ability to add KPS to your own or any other gamers AW’s when you don't have one or your AW is full or upgrading so KP's are lost when you are stuck in the research tree.

e. When doing visits (both FS and neighbors), you cannot see what their preference is for buffing.

f. On the map, you cannot tell if the province is easy, medium, hard, or very hard.

Something to possibly consider for addressing issues like I have listed is a customer advocate (someone to speak to the company on the client’s behalf).

We lost a member to our FS today on one of the servers due to the inability to expand his city. He cannot advance any further nor do much else because he has no more room. To his goodbye post others have responded as well some of the grievances listed above. He is not the only one at the end of the Research Tree waiting on a new Chapter and out of the ability to add extra provinces. Others are complaining of the same problem. This could well be an avalanche in our FS. Wake up ELVENAR!!! If there is enough of a delay, you will lose (not only your "PAYING customers" but your customers who cannot afford to pay anymore to buy whatever they need due to cost). How many customers are you willing to lose as you already do on a regular basis??? The customer was leaving the game had been with Elvenar for 3 years and put up with your lack of care for what the gamers needed for far too long before he made the decision to leave the game.

As far as I have advanced in the short time I have been playing Elvenar, I will be joining those who are stuck sometime in the not too distant future as I only have 4 more chapters to go after finishing Orcs. I have managed to get each Chapter done in 3-5 weeks so at the most I am looking at being stuck anywhere from the first of March to the first of July (anywhere from 10 months to 14 months from the time I started the game on 4 servers) unless the time to complete each Chapter changes!!!

Consider me a disgruntled gamer if you wish, but these are things a business should be concerned about if they want to be around for a while.

To the players on this forum, I would appreciate feedback from you in regards to this post. I am but one voice and believe that additional voices need to be included in the grievances that INNOGAMES and Elvenar need to address.

Jackluyt

There will be a Live Q & A session tomorrow at 5 p.m. CET (German time) = 4 p.m. Gmt = 11 a.m. EST.

You can sign up to be notified when it begins, on the Elvenar page: https://www.facebook.com/elvenar

If you have questions to which you would like answers, you can post them on the Forums in this thread, and the Forum Moderator will pass your questions to them.

There are still quite a few in this thread that still need answering!!

27972315_10211119071033282_1780455557047960756_n.jpg

DeletedUser1397

Are there any plans to fix tournaments so that players aren't punished for progressing in the tech tree? Right now, the further you move in chapters the worse your potential performance.

Are there any plans to give tangible benefits for keeping T4 manufactories between guest races? Right now, they are in the same category as mana and seeds in that they are worthless once the guest race and upgrades are complete.

DeletedUser118

Are there any new buildings planned producing Seeds? Like those we have for mana.