• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Are workshops necessary?

DeletedUser143

Maybe from the start, the is some use of them, but today I started to think to delete them all, and I have 8 of them levels from 10 - 13, one of them makes an average of 700/h, total 5600/h*24h (you know there is no-one making 24 productions per day) equals 134.000 supplies. But when we sleep we make 9 hour productions and maybe during day a few 3 hours, so this number is way way lower than 134.000.

I just did my daily "help the neighbours" (aka. help yourself get coins and supplies). I have Main hall level 15, which gives me 13.200 coins for 1 help. I have 57 neighbours.
Only from helping my neighbours I got 750.000 coins.
I had time, so I repeated the quest to gain 50.000 coins, where the reward is 10.000 supplies. I did that quest 14 times and got 140.000 supplies. And I did all the help and quest skipping in under 30 minutes.

So I think there is some point in the game when workshops become deprecated and you are better off if you delete them and build something else instead. What do you think?

DeletedUser

You are right. But with the workshops , you can make more food and therefore you can create more troops in the barracks.

DeletedUser143

You are right. But with the workshops , you can make more food and therefore you can create more troops in the barracks.

What food? Are we playing the same game? "bread" and "beverages" does not mean anything, it just means you can mix a drink in 5 min and bake a bread in 1 hour. This does not mean it actually makes food and drink for your soldiers. Or are you talking about something else?

To conclude those 4 pages of writing on the above link (other topic).
Right now it IS useless to have workshops (if you have many neighbours and high level main hall), but IF/WHEN devs change neighbourly help bonus or quest they will become essential. So don't delete them :)

DeletedUser

Yes, I know ^^'
I meant that workshops produce (if food is not the word ... ).
For the rest, I agree with you.

DeletedUser

People also assume these repeatable quests will always be there and not adjusted. I feel thier more place holders till the developers get the proper quest lines in.

To your question, atm i dont need them but still keep them as this game will be changing.

Edit: On the US server im having a heck of a time keeping supplys up (gold isnt't a prob) mainly due to no repeatable quests. So they have balanced it some at the lower tiers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I believe they are necessary because in the next future the game could change... :eek:

DeletedUser

Sometimes I'm so short of supplies I need . But sometimes I 'm good enough, even too much.
I let my workshops still , you never know ;)

DeletedUser

Sometimes I'm so short of supplies I need . But sometimes I 'm good enough, even too much.
I let my workshops still , you never know ;)

Should keep them running regardless and use extra in the wholesaler imo if you get close to maxing out.

DeletedUser

Wow marcelg: great! ;)
I've only 4 workshops at level 8 and in a shor period of time, I believe to upgrade all of them to level 9. Since now, they have produced sufficient supplies for my playng strategy :)

DeletedUser326

I have 8 at 15 in 3-4 days. Maybe i will go down to 7 Workshops in future. But atm it is quite nice to get 100k coins for free evere 30 minutes through the "collect 5k supplies" quest.

Ist good when the vanquish58 can do 57 helps and click throug in 30 mins - thats to much wasted time for me for "only" 140k coins which aren't near enough for what i need per day atm.
It could be enough once you got all expensions you can place and have all buildings fully upgraded. So you only Need the supplies for your manufactories because you don't build and don't fight anymore.

DeletedUser967

Many workshops is good. As chimere said you can get many many coins for pick supply but it is individual for each one and dependent on whether you need moore coins or not. I have 8 workshops on 9lvl, in 1 hour I produce ~2,5k supply from 2 workshops what is enough for quest to gain 2000supply - rewards is 45k coins. I can do it 4times per one hour = 180k coins. Always I have full storage of coins and supply I must use it for wholesaler if I don't want to lose next productions.

Workshops are really good solution for earn money - better than residences.

DeletedUser

Many workshops is good. As chimere said you can get many many coins for pick supply but it is individual for each one and dependent on whether you need moore coins or not. I have 8 workshops on 9lvl, in 1 hour I produce ~2,5k supply from 2 workshops what is enough for quest to gain 2000supply - rewards is 45k coins. I can do it 4times per one hour = 180k coins. Always I have full storage of coins and supply I must use it for wholesaler if I don't want to lose next productions.

Workshops are really good solution for earn money - better than residences.
I do not think ;)
Supplies yes, but not coins :p

DeletedUser967

Why not? My one residence produce ~500coins per hour, ~6k per 8h. In one hour I can earn much more coins from workshops than residences.

DeletedUser1126

Why not? My one residence produce ~500coins per hour, ~6k per 8h. In one hour I can earn much more coins from workshops than residences.
You get coins from residences and supplies from workshops. You don't get coins from workshops.