• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Battle Archer Priority

DeletedUser436

Please change the Archer priority targets.
Right now it attacks Cerberus first which it does -80% dmg to, then tank type soldiers, and at last ranged type.

Switch it so it attacks targets that are weak to them first, then ranged. Units that are strong against them last.

DeletedUser

I'm really not sure what you're talking about. Your own archers attack whoever you choose to attack, and the enemy archers usually go for my barbarians ^^

But i guess you're talking about automatic fighting, something i've never done.

DeletedUser236

Never done automatic battles either.. But it sounds like your archers attack the one that they can reach first ? :oops:

DeletedUser436

Nop it attacks doggies before "normal" soldiers. They attack targets their good against last, like trees.
And yes, autocombat.

DeletedUser58

They attack the units with the highest initiative first, then the units with the second highest, etc. It just happens that war dogs have the highest initiative, then other light melee, then short range units, then heavy melee, then long/heavy range units, etc. So this is more of a negative side effect of that.

I would prefer if there was no autobattle at all, to be honest. But since it does exist, I guess if it's somewhat improved it won't be a crime. Except, if this is fixed then that means the enemy will be prioritizing to attack who they're good against as well. AI might become smarter, but battles in general will become harder. And battles are already hard enough. This is why I'm reluctant to support this (I like the change you're suggesting but it has a negative side too).