• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Duplicate Alerting icons for finished productions or idle ones

DeletedUser

When the city is still small, one finds the finished production or the idle one very easily. But when it gets bigger, you need to pay close attention to each building to see if they are idle or not. Also since there are no "construction complete" alert, we sometimes miss if the builder is idle too.

Therefore I would like to see alerts for the following:
  • When the production for supplies and manufactories is complete (not the residences)
  • When the workshops, manufactories or the barracks are idle
  • When any of my builder is idle
  • When a building is not connected to the road
The alerting icons could appear somewhere along the top bar:

Vstdhxh.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I agree with you as often, semra: I find that alert icons'll be really useful in this game. Many times, I've uselessly lost time 'cause I'd not realised that workshops or manufactories had finished their productions.
It could be possible to hav alerts as in FOE...nothing more ;)

DeletedUser778

For the builder we have already the Icon in the top top bar, so I think there is no need for a new icon, but they could make the background change to red when there are builders avaiable like it is done when the coin/supply storage is full.
With manufactories I have no problems, since 1/3 of my city is filled with them and all finish the same time, so it's hard to miss alll the icons. :p
Barracks would be nice even with the some time ago implemented "zzZ" it's easy to miss as elf, since it is over the also light colored sword.

DeletedUser43

The first and second idea (apart from the idle barracks) are also discussed here (click). I'll leave both threads open.

In the spoiler below, non-Forge of Empires players can take a look at the alerts in Forge of Empires that are mentioned by other players. :)
  1. nyV4pgN.png
    - Alert for finished productions (coins, supplies and goods) that aren't collected yet. The alert is displayed for every player; you don't have to use the premium function to collect all finished productions. Please only discuss the alert in this thread. If you're interested in the 'collect all' functionality, you could add your support here (click).
  2. mAv8ec3.png
    - Alert for idle production buildings (supplies and goods).

DeletedUser654

in FOE, we have on the left and right side pictocrams that says what you suppose to do (maby for the dummies) but in fact very helpfull, that way you can see what you forgot to do.
Maby an option for this game also?

DeletedUser1362

also i would like to see an info if myscout is idle or scouting while being in my city or world map