• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

User Interface Add 10KP and/or 5KP buttons to filling Ancient Wonder research progress

Droopy

Currently you can only fill an AW (yourself or someone else) with just 1KP or all your the KP you have in your KP-storage (not talking about the KP badges).
When you've a lot of KPs collected it's very hard clicking task (RSI helping) to distribute a nice amount to members in your fellowship.

Adding a 5KP and/or 10KP could make these tasks way easier.

Current screenshot:
Elvenar-KP-Suggestion.JPG

Suggestion:
Elvenar-10KP-Suggestion.JPG

Droopy

I'd use this for the FA, but other than doing that a few times per month I always dump either all or nothing.
What KP swap system does your FS use?
All FS that i've been use trains from 5 up to 50. Personally i only use the 10, 20, 30 and 50

DeletedUser3773

The 10KP button would only apply to saved KP in the KP bar, not AW KP instants which are found under the gold book icon. That means, to be of use, you have to save a lot of KP in your bar that you want to distribute 10KP at a time. The only time I ever have more KP than the bar can hold (10 or 20 KP) is if I win it, accumulate from the Tourney or play consecutive map provinces. I only do that if my KP timer was just cleared so I do not lose a free KP and then I dump it right away to restart the timer. I agree with Soggy in that I would use it for the FA's AW badge but usually only if I ran out of 10 or 5KP AW instants. I rarely use my bar KP for contributing to FS AW but use it for research tree or my AW's when tech-locked. Then I dump it all in.
So my point is that I'm confused as to the benefit of this button when it draws only from the KP bar and seems only useful during FA or if you're a player who contributes to FS AW from the KP bar.

Lovec Krys

@Thunder Ray And from chests in events (especialy if you spend thousands event currency at once).
Also if you build all your KP generating evos between chapters (for end game players), you can get more than 10 KP at once each day.
But yes, the tourney is the most common way to get weekly more than 10KP (for those without 0 cooldown at least twice a week on rounds 2 and 5).

maxiqbert

I always let my bar climb over 10 kps, because I don't want to do chains THAT often, so count me in !
And it would greatly reduce
- errors
- server use (1 request instead of 10!)

Conqueror9

that is no good
if adding 5 or 10 kp button
I rather they allow u to input "amount"
"amount of kp"..u can type in 5, 10, 15, 20...any kp you like to insert into AW

maxiqbert

that is no good
it would indeed be good, when you swap hundreds
if you go for anything under 50, it's faster to click 5 times ;)

Karvest

For FA it would be much more comfy if it would just count 5 badges for 50 invested KP without switching back and forth to FA quest UI... I don't mind clicking 10 times on 1KP button, but it's very annoying to go through the whole chain of "open FS list (wait for server response), find a player to invest, open list of AWs (wait for server response for even longer), find appropriate AW (good if it's marked, but that's not always the case), invest KP (wait for server response), recheck amount, open FA UI (wait for server response) press collect" multiple times. "Invest 10KP" button won't help much with it (we are using net0, so usually I just press on 10AWKP instant when invest to someone during FA).

Droopy

For FA it would be much more comfy if it would just count 5 badges for 50 invested KP without switching back and forth to FA quest UI... I don't mind clicking 10 times on 1KP button, but it's very annoying to go through the whole chain of "open FS list (wait for server response), find a player to invest, open list of AWs (wait for server response for even longer), find appropriate AW (good if it's marked, but that's not always the case), invest KP (wait for server response), recheck amount, open FA UI (wait for server response) press collect" multiple times. "Invest 10KP" button won't help much with it (we are using net0, so usually I just press on 10AWKP instant when invest to someone during FA).
Just clicking the 1KP 10 times is in fact already annoying, because the refresh is lagging and you want to be sure if you dropped the needed 10KP and not 9KP. The AW overview refresh is pretty slow when clicking just 10 times and when more it is even worse.

Those who don't want to use the 10KP button can just ignore them and use the 1KP one. So i don't see an issue when the 10KP is added as an extra button. The general network traffic would even benefit from it ;-)

Karvest

Clicking it 10 times on your own wonder is cached, sent via single message and produce no lags. Even more, iirc it do the same if you open other player AW not from AW overview, but find and open it from the city map. IDK why they are not using same technique on other player AWs opened from AW overview.

Last edited:

Droopy

Clicking it 10 times on your own wonder is cached, sent via single message and produce no lags. Even more, iirc it do the same if you open other player AW not from AW overview, but find and open it from the city map. IDK why they are not using same technique on other player AWs opened from AW overview.
Well i never open a AW in the city from a player.
So i don't have that experience, but interesting to know. Will try for once to see if there is difference noticable.

edeba

that is no good
I would hate this. I use the computer and mouse and it would require using the keyboard for entry. Might as well click 10 times for mucking around with that.

edeba

The 16 badge access for this design of the FA is better than we started with, but they totally missed the boat in doing this for all badges. What we asked for was to be able to log into our game, do our normal city thing and have resource we gather be counted and stored, and then make badges. So if I just collected 100 2 day manufacturers, I could either click on the statue badge 50 times, or just click on "make statues" and it would automatically make 50. There's still a lot of mundane clicking with what we were given compared to what we asked for. So for collecting 100 manufacturers for 50 statues it goes, carefully collect 2, open FA window, click on collect, close FA window, and repeat 50 times and probably accidentally collect 3 or 4 at least once in the process, and heaven forbid, if you have to try and scroll to another part of your city and you accidentally get too close to anything not collected you can wipe out 10 in one swipe when you were trying to move to another part of your city.

So we originally had 15 badges to scroll through to get back to the one we just made and the improvement cut out about 80% of the mundane clicking (you still have to open, collect and close for each badge), done right there wouldn't be any of it.