• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered A question for Elvenar STAFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser231

I would like to know what happens to my money I have invested in this game if Innogames shuts this game down for any reason?

In the past several products that INNO has offered has shut it's doors and ceased to be a game.

KARTUGA---Unfortunately, Kartuga wasn’t able to meet our high quality standards, although it had a lot of awesome features. That is why the pirate browser game was shut down in the summer of 2013.

LAGOONIA----Since Lagoonia was discontinued at the end of 2013, you may want to check out the current game portfolio of InnoGames.

Rising Generals...:????????

Is investing in this new game have any kind of guarantees? Or will INNOGAMES shutter this one if the BUG issue is too great or the fundamental structure fails to meet Innogames high quality standards?

I know that there are certain risks AND you dont set out to make a bad game BUT it is very hard to justify spending more money if I lose it when/IF this game shuts down...

ThaMartin

I know that with Rising Generals, invested money for premium currency was transferable to another INNO game of your choice. I don't expect Elvenar to "die" in Beta phase, but should it happen, I can imagine that they'd have a same kind of policy. :)

DeletedUser315

Sry for crashing in on your question rug , I'm sure Inno will reassure you your money spent is well invested for future updates .

I have a Q also . I didn't want to start a new thread .
When i visit a friend , from my city (search bar) . why do we not have a tab to click to return back to our city . Very annoying that it takes us back to the neighborhood map , then another click to return back to our city . Don't think it would take much to add another tab for us to return straight back to our city . Is it just me or does this bother anyone else ?

DeletedUser231

I know that with Rising Generals, invested money for premium currency was transferable to another INNO game of your choice. I don't expect Elvenar to "die" in Beta phase, but should it happen, I can imagine that they'd have a same kind of policy. :)

Thank you MARTIN. I hope that a REPRESENTATIVE from INNO can confirm this for me/US.

DeletedUser488

It does seem unlikely that the Moderation Team will be able to make any sort of cast iron guarantee as to what will happen in the unfortunate event that Elvenar did close in the early stages of the game itself. This is because it would ultimately not be their decision as to what would happen to players who had invested in the premium currencies.

However, as ThaMartin does clearly point out based on past precedent, Inno Games have allowed players to transfer premium currencies to another game of their own personal choice. Therefore, it is likely that the same or a similar sort of policy would be used.

DeletedUser231

It does seem unlikely that the Moderation Team will be able to make any sort of cast iron guarantee as to what will happen in the unfortunate event that Elvenar did close in the early stages of the game itself. This is because it would ultimately not be their decision as to what would happen to players who had invested in the premium currencies.

However, as ThaMartin does clearly point out based on past precedent, Inno Games have allowed players to transfer premium currencies to another game of their own personal choice. Therefore, it is likely that the same or a similar sort of policy would be used.

Well I hope INNO STAFF answers this or I will mail each one individually until it is answered. If they do not want to answer this question then I guess I will no longer fund this game because then my confidence will be ZERO. An answer one way or anther should be forth coming....For Inno staff to utterly ignore this IMPORTANT question would indicate they have ZERO respect for us.

DeletedUser506

I actually tested the closed beta for Kartuga. Confusing and buggy. This seems too stable for scrapping.

DeletedUser170

If I know correctly only those premium could have been transferred, that you did not use previously, so all diamonds that you already used up probably not going to get a refund in such case.

DeletedUser31

I know from Lagoonia and Rising Generals that all unused diamonds was transfered to an other game of your choice.

And I don't think that Elvenar Staff could give you a 100% guarantee, because of many reasons:
They don't have anything to do about an unfortunate closure of the game. It's not their decision.

So I believe you shouldn't mail them individually, that is not the way you should handle this. You should be a bit more patient and understanding towards others...

DeletedUser231

For the projects that did not make it in the past, we have indeed offered to transfer the player's premium to another game of their choice. We have no reason to believe that Elvenar will be shut down anytime soon - we strive to keep it available for many, many years. :)

Your reply is not very clear so I will ask again.

You state you will transfer premium to a game of their choice...Is that remaining premium or total premium spent?

If players waste real money on a game that is closed because it was faulty to begin with then a TOTAL refund should be issued.

Kartuga, Lagoonia and Rising Generals were not slated to be closed either but nevertheless they were closed and if a TOTAL refund was not issued to those failures then players wasted alot of money.

What good is investing into a game that may or may not be closed down and all they are compensated for is remaining premium?

AND if this is the case then all my future investments into this game MONEY wise will cease as of this point forwards.

I know from Lagoonia and Rising Generals that all unused diamonds was transfered to an other game of your choice.

And I don't think that Elvenar Staff could give you a 100% guarantee, because of many reasons:
They don't have anything to do about an unfortunate closure of the game. It's not their decision.

So I believe you shouldn't mail them individually, that is not the way you should handle this. You should be a bit more patient and understanding towards others...

No patience at all. Not when I see my monies go down the drain. It is the decision of the staff of INNOGAMES. They designed it, they took our monies and they closed all those games and many players lost their investment both in MONEY and time. If Innogames designed flawed games right from the beginning then they should have a basic guarantee right from the start...Like I said NO patience if we are wasting our time.

DeletedUser31

You buy premium features, not the right to play a game. You are not asked to pay real money. You decided on your own that you want to give your money to a company, and you get diamonds in return. Then you can spend your diamonds in-game on buildings, research or whatever you want.

Let's just say (for example with totally made up numbers) 1 diamond is $1. You buy 50 diamonds for $50. You use 20 diamonds ($20) in order to unlock a research. The company offered you a chance to use your diamonds to unlock something you couldn't because you didn't have enough resources or anything. You spent the right amount of diamonds. You have 30 diamonds left ($30). If something goes really-really bad, and the project gets cancelled, (let's hope it won't) the company will offer you that you can transfer your remaining $30 worth premium to another game. You can not transfer the used diamonds, because you used it. With the diamonds you bought the right to do something you couldn't and no else. It's like you go to a store, buy a bread, pay for it. Then after awhile you go back, because you want your money back, because you have no bread left, because you ate it.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be rude or anything, just think this through.

And I might be wrong. As I said earlier, I'm not sure if Elvenar Staff can give you an answer because they don't have influence on this.

DeletedUser236

Like I said NO patience if we are wasting our time.

If you think you're wasting your time you shouldn't be into closed beta testing (but reading your other posts it seems like you are most likely enjoying your time on Elvenar so I don't think that's the case).. It's always a risk that the game won't make it because of various reasons..

"Wasting" your money is another issue.. If you don't want to spend money, than don't.. The only reason I've put some money in it is because it's one of the few games I'm playing at the moment and I like to see it succeed.. If I wanna play a different game I most likely have to buy it, so for me (at this point) it doesn't matter if I spend some money on this game and enjoy the testing and game play or buy a game.. The money I put in is, for me, for the time I enjoy it now.. Not looking at the future.. If the game gets shut down I at least had a good time here on the forum and playing the game, and if the game does succeed I want to believe that I was a small part in making that happen by financing them a little and trying to have an input through the forum:)..

Of course I would like to see my money that I haven't used ingame transferred or whatever to another good cause though ;)

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be rude or anything, just think this through.

And I might be wrong.

Nobody here is being rude, we're just having a friendly conversation with different opinions (everybody is entitled to their own opinion right:D)

DeletedUser231

If you want to give justifications for Innogames not giving refunds for failed games that is your opinion. I invested monies into this game. I buy stuff and then if INNOGAMES shuts this game down they waste my monies. It is their decision to design games that were faulty to begin with they they close them wasting a lot of players hard earned cash. This question is for INNOGAMES staff NOT the players in this game.

If the answer is YES a full REFUND will be issued then I will spend more money.
If the answer is NO, then I will cease spending my remaining diamonds.

It is very simples.

DeletedUser236

This question is for INNOGAMES staff NOT the players in this game.

Maybe you should mail them if you want a direct answer? :) Dunno if it works, but sometimes it's the fastest way to get an question like this answered :)

edit: sorry to upset you, didn't mean to :(

DeletedUser506

Maybe you should mail them if you want a direct answer? :) Dunno if it works, but sometimes it's the fastest way to get an question like this answered :)

edit: sorry to upset you, didn't mean to :(

That's highly unlikely. The closest chance would be contacting the mod team, and even then they don't have direct contact with the company.

ThaMartin

"Wasting" your money is another issue.. If you don't want to spend money, than don't.. The only reason I've put some money in it is because it's one of the few games I'm playing at the moment and I like to see it succeed.. If I wanna play a different game I most likely have to buy it, so for me (at this point) it doesn't matter if I spend some money on this game and enjoy the testing and game play or buy a game.. The money I put in is, for me, for the time I enjoy it now.. Not looking at the future..

That's the way I feel about it as well. I've got a lot of computer/game console games for which I paid about 50 euros. I enjoyed my time with these games in the past, but some of them I haven't played for years now. That doesn't mean I feel this money was wasted, because I had a good time enjoying those games.

As far as RugBugs question: I don't think anybody can give a proper response at this moment, because a closure is not scheduled. Things are going fine and like most other Inno games, the game is very likely to go public. A few markets will open as Open Beta markets soon, so development is going great at this point. Therefore nobody will be able to answer a question that doesn't fit this situation now. Why speculate about things that aren't likely to happen? I don't think the developers worry about that now. From the past, they've proven to give a reasonable solution when things should go wrong so I think you could count on this, but again: For now, everything seems perfectly fine, so no worries. And if you do worry about it and these few tenners mean a lot to you, just keep them in your pocket if that's what you feel best about :)

DeletedUser

RugBug read the AGBs. The problem is, that the valid AGBs are in german.
First point:
1In diesem Fall wird dir das von dir bezahlte Entgelt insoweit erstattet, als dies noch nicht zur Freischaltung von Premium-Diensten oder Items eingesetzt wurde.
Short Translation:
If you buy diamonds you get the money back, but only the not used diamonds.

Second point:
Im Falle einer Einstellung eines bestimmten Spiels hast du das Recht, entgeltlich erworbene Premiumdienste, Items und Währungen bis zur tatsächlichen Einstellung einzusetzen und diese in ein Guthaben umzuwandeln, das in einem anderen Spiel eingesetzt werden kann. Weitere Ansprüche von dir sind ausgeschlossen.
Short Translation:
This part is about the used premium content/ spend diamonds in the case of killing a game. So if you used your diamonds here, innogames can transform this into another innogames game. Innogames gives this used money not back.

Best tip:
In the past innogames kills a lot of games, so ask this people. The most AGBs are not really conform with the german/EU law, so the real doing is often not the same as in the text.
A lot of points are sometimes invalid, the german consumer rights are difficult.

I don`t know what the second point exactly mean, so you/we need a official statement about this point. This is not umimportend because it is not so regular that a beta games leaves this status.

Here is the english link, Art 8 is importend:
http://legal.innogames.com/?type=agb&game=portal&lang=en&market_id=en

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.