• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [8188] Session Timed out

ferrari13

Game version: 0.34.3140-v0.34.1-(staging)
Game world: zz1
Browser + version: Google chrome 47.0.2526.111 m
Flash Player version: 20.0.0.286
Operating System: Windows 10
Screen resolution: 1920x1080
Account name: ferrari13
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 4/5

Current situation:
When i'm not playing for a time, and the game is open (i watch other sites), i get a message not to enter standby.

Expected situation:
Don't show this message. It was right in the older versions (and still in 0.33)

Reproduction Steps
1. playing game
2. do something else in your browser for a while (i don't know how much time)
3. you will get this message

Screenshots of the bug:
session.jpg

DeletedUser1250

I can confirm this one, except that you don't have to do something else in your browser to get this. I had just checked the messages, was reading the chat and got the session timed out.

Edit: and again, this time 12 minutes after I turned the production for the workshops on. So it doesn't have to do with being afk for a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser118

You recieve it after a while, no matter what you're doing. I haven't found out yet what causes the message to show up but I've had it at least 3 times today.

DeletedUser622

I think this may be related to the ‘Timed out Issue’.
Timers about as reliable as a British Railways time table.

DeletedUser1250

I got a session timed out this time while I was active chatting and trading and collecting the produced goods, In the middle of the collecting and chatting it timed out.

DeletedUser118

The fun part is, I wasn't around today for four full hours and the game was left open on my PC... no message.

Earlier this morning, about 30 minutes after I logged in and was still active in the game, I recieved the mentioned message. Do I have to understand that?

DeletedUser607

just a thing:

I'm currently using my notebook, and chrome (regularly I'm using firefox on my desktop, this error does not happen with firefox).

a very similar issue happens with a second browsergame which I'm playing, and coincidally, both browsergames have a similar "don't use hibernate" message, and if it happens, it happens to both games.

could a recent chrome + flash update interfere with the game and cause this error?

EDIT: oh, and by the way, their last softwareupdate + downtime was in november. so it might be chrome causing this issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser118

I'm a Firefox user and I get that message, so I don't think its only limited to Chrome.

Brummbaer

Again during visiting city:

Game version: 0.34.3140-v0.34.1-(staging) (2016-01-20 13:29)
Game world: Beta
Browser + version: Firefox 43.0.4
Shockwave Flash Player version: 20.0.0.267
Operating System: Windows7 64
Screen resolution: 1920 x 1080
Account name: Brummbaer
Humans or Elves: Elves

Attachments

• elv5.JPG
    elv5.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 154

DeletedUser778

2 times in 5 minutes while collecting and restarting production... this (and all the battle bugs) get really annoying :( ... I hope they get fixed asap.

DeletedUser283

this afternoon :
I go to the worldmap
I open a province
I open an encounter
I click on "fight"
and then before I could start selecting my troops, I get the "you should not enter standby" B.S
Wait, what ?

DeletedUser605

I get this too (Firefox) ... usually when I've been to another tab and come back again after a few minutes.

DeletedUser283

still happening ...
it is obviously a timeout, hence a modification of a timer should fix it;
is there a law in Germany against fixing timer values ?