• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [7674] Reappearing messages

Brummbaer

Every time I got a new message I have "reappearing messages/notes"

upload_2015-11-25_18-6-21.png

Actual Version 0.30

Reproducable by switching from City to ResearchTree and back.
The latest notes reappear

Last edited:

DeletedUser778

Just happened to me too.
Going to the world map and back to my town it shows 43 unread msgs everytime.
I got 43 conversations in my inbox so there might be a connection.

DeletedUser283

well spotted, @LordB !
it just showed me "17 new messages", and I have 17 threads in my messenger system :)

DeletedUser778

Looks like it's almost fixed.
It happened to me gain a couple of minutes ago that I got the red exclamtion marks for unread messages (not for notification) everytime i returned to my city from the world map.
After a reload it stopped.

DeletedUser1371

Notifications no longer re-appear as unread after reading them - yes, thats right

but they do reappear after returning from visiting another town.

DeletedUser778

Looks like it's almost fixed.
It happened to me gain a couple of minutes ago that I got the red exclamtion marks for unread messages (not for notification) everytime i returned to my city from the world map.
After a reload it stopped.

And again:
WKk1aOfOq3vO.png

Haven't figured out yet what causes the bug to reappear, but like the first time a reload fixes it.

DeletedUser628

And again:
WKk1aOfOq3vO.png

Haven't figured out yet what causes the bug to reappear, but like the first time a reload fixes it.
Did this happen today, after the update? And only with messages but not notifications?

DeletedUser651

Nope. Still happening. Reproducibility 5/5. I could report all the steps, but I just am not feeling the love.

While we do see (recurring) requests for such contests here at Beta, it is unlikely that we will host these on our Beta server (at least in the near future). These type of events take a lot of time and energy from the team (preperation, going through entries, etc.) and while we do really enjoy doing the work needed for them, it would also mean that we cannot spend that time on doing what Beta is here for: testing the game and reporting bugs to our development team. We do this to minimize the workload regarding bugs and errors on our Live servers, giving the teams at our Live servers the chance and time to prepare and host the most epic contests for you to enjoy. Long story short: we would rather spend our "extra" time here on more testing than on preparing contests, especially now that we have so many language servers up and running already, offering you a wide variety of Elvenar-related contests worldwide. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser118

It still happens today, after the update, but only with messages, not notifications.

DeletedUser628

Only checked notifications last night, sorry about that. :) We'll pass along the info.