• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [6270] Old messages cannot be deleted/show as "no subject"

DeletedUser118

Game version: v1.0.5-(85580ea) (2016-02-22 13:53)
Game world: Beta
Browser + version: Firefox 44.0.2
Flash Player version: 20,0,0,306
Operating System: Win10
Screen resolution:
Account name:
Katzenprinz
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 5/5

Current situation:
If you look at old messages in your Inbox you see them showing as "no subject (0)". These messages have of course no content. So why are they still there? Also if you want to delete them and press the red X they disappear for a moment. But as soon as you go back to page one they are back again.

Expected situation:
Deleted messages should be gone and not showing as "no subject (0)".

Reproduction Steps:
1. Open messages
2. Go to last page shown
3. Press red X to delete messages
4. Go back to page 1

Screenshots of the bug:
bild1.jpg bild2.jpg

DeletedUser118

Addition: In the meantime somebody wrote me a message and now the "no subject (0)" messages are really gone after I deleted them. BUT I suddenly have 7 pages of messages instead of only 5. :confused:

Attachments

• bild3.jpg
    bild3.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 139
This happens because the system tries to load more messages than are actually there. Either way it's a confirmed issue. :)

DeletedUser118

And I already thought I'm getting old and am seeing things which are not there. :D

DeletedUser

This "bug" is reported for a lot of weeks. I also reported it long ago, and informed, that games know quantity of messages, but are loaded partially, which ends as you spotted. With time data is downloaded and blank messages are filled. Try changing pages from last to first and then from first to last and you will see that.

We are working on improving the message system as a whole, which will fix a number of issues with the system all at once. We hope to be able to deliver this change with the update to version 1.2, but we cannot guarantee that at that point yet. :)