• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [4661] Minor issue with scout button

DeletedUser

General Description (Overview):
Minor issue with scout button

What I expected to happen:
Button should be ghosted.

What actually happened:
It is not ghosted.

How often has this happened:
Always

Screenshots/Additional information:
I'm not sure I would call this a bug per se. But it is inconsistent to ghost out the "Navigate to city" button but not the "Navigate to scout" button when in the province screen.

ElvenarTemp_6.jpg

Player Name:
Odvar

World:
I forgot what server I am on. :p Hopefully you can find my account on one of the one worlds that are out there. :rolleyes:

Operating System:
Irrelevant

Browser and Version:
Irrelevant

Flash Version:

Irrelevant

Screen Resolution:
Irrelevant

Marindor

Hi Odvar,

The button should only be "ghosted" if you're scout is not currently exploring a new area. Is that the case with you (so is your scout inactive)?

DeletedUser

No my scout was active but clicking on the button does not do anything. So it is like its activity is ghosted but not its icon. If it is supposed to be functional then the "Navigate to city" button should be too imo. The way it is now neither button is functional but only the "Navigate to city" button is ghosted.

Marindor

Yes you're right about that. When your scout is active, the button should be active as well and the other one, to navigate to your city, should always be usable as well. Your screenshots are clear but at the moment I cannot reproduce this issue myself. Does clearing your browser's and flash cache help for this?

If not, could you (and anyone else if there are more people experiencing this), please provide us with the following information:

Browser type & version:
Flash Version:

Since this issue doesn't go for everybody, there must be a conflict with the game and a certain set-up so hopefully we'll find some similarities there :)

DeletedUser

Are you sure you are in the province screen? You know the one where you fight the AI. The "Navigate to city" button has never worked there.

Both buttons work for me in the map.

EDIT:
More info. When I click on the "Navigate to scout" button in the province screen I do hear a click. And when I do return to the map it is centered on my scout. So it looks like the centering function works but it does not return me to the map screen as I would expect it to. The "Navigate to city" button simply does nothing in the province screen.

Marindor

Ah you were right indeed, I was looking on the World Map... My bad! I've now been able to reproduce this issue myself.

Reconstruction steps:

1. Scout a province
2. Go to another province screen
3. Click the "Navigate to Scout" button

Instead of directly navigating to the scout, the screen stays in place but when you return to the World Map, THEN it directly centers on the scout.

We'll check with the Game Designers is this is intended (so you indeed shouldn't be redirected directly to your scout from a province screen), or if it's not working correctly as it should be. Thank you for helping our here Odvar, we'll come back with an answer in this topic!

Marindor

Just a little follow-up here! The Game Designers confirm this is indeed not intended, so the development team is working on a fix now!